Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Bernard Hopkins to fight Karo Murat in the summer

Quote Originally Posted by ray corso View Post
    PR's? what are the letters trying to express?

I don't dislike Bernard I do not appreciate his style of boxing thats all! Which of the opponents you listed are ATG? The only thought thats "cloudy" around this forum is people over using the word "great"!
    Bernard has never (especially now) fought great, he fights smart! He has never fought a great fighter other than Jones in 93 and got beat. He won over Jones in 2010 when Jones was long passed prime years! he was beaten by Taylor twice and he's not a great fighter!
    Bernard is marketing himself right now and being smart about and that beats picking up the pennies as the "opponent"! He's calling the shots and hand picking who he fights. In the mean time his T-shirt business is booming hahahaha!!!
    I don't didcredit or disrespect Bernard but I draw the line when he's refered to as a great fighter. He certainly is not a top tier middle all time and as a ltHvy he would get hurt! He hasn't got ATG power and as a front main event fighter he would need to stand and fight or atleast punch off his movement. The back to the ropes "sliding" around the ring would get him hurt badly against Spinks or Foster and Charles. He's not a great puncher he's a stratigised and can get away with it against the kids he fights today because their NOT hungry or experienced. Same could be said about todays fans they don't know what an exciting fighters is because there isn't one fighting right now! Ray
    I was right. You don't know shit about boxing. Hopkins is a great fighter. Want me to tell you why? Pay me. I'm not about to waste my time teaching you something that as a boxing fan you should already know

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wll it seems you caught me, I guess your right so go on down the road and theres no reason for you to read my posts now, right! Since I don't know anything you can skip over my opinions and theres no need to comment on them. Thanks I'll do my best to try and learn, ok! Bye Bye Ray

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wll it seems you caught me, I guess your right so go on down the road and theres no reason for you to read my posts now, right! Since I don't know anything you can skip over my opinions and theres no need to comment on them. Thanks I'll do my best to try and learn, ok! Bye Bye Ray
    Wrong. Stupidity like yours needs to be pointed out.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise View Post
    PR's? what are the letters trying to express?

I don't dislike Bernard I do not appreciate his style of boxing thats all! Which of the opponents you listed are ATG? The only thought thats "cloudy" around this forum is people over using the word "great"!
    Bernard has never (especially now) fought great, he fights smart! He has never fought a great fighter other than Jones in 93 and got beat. He won over Jones in 2010 when Jones was long passed prime years! he was beaten by Taylor twice and he's not a great fighter!
    Bernard is marketing himself right now and being smart about and that beats picking up the pennies as the "opponent"! He's calling the shots and hand picking who he fights. In the mean time his T-shirt business is booming hahahaha!!!
    I don't didcredit or disrespect Bernard but I draw the line when he's refered to as a great fighter. He certainly is not a top tier middle all time and as a ltHvy he would get hurt! He hasn't got ATG power and as a front main event fighter he would need to stand and fight or atleast punch off his movement. The back to the ropes "sliding" around the ring would get him hurt badly against Spinks or Foster and Charles. He's not a great puncher he's a stratigised and can get away with it against the kids he fights today because their NOT hungry or experienced. Same could be said about todays fans they don't know what an exciting fighters is because there isn't one fighting right now! Ray
    I was right. You don't know shit about boxing. Hopkins is a great fighter. Want me to tell you why? Pay me. I'm not about to waste my time teaching you something that as a boxing fan you should already know

Sorry Ray but @Violent Demise is right, if you honestly believe that Hopkins isn't an all time great then you need your head testing. I'm not even a Hopkins fan, but his skillset and achievements are undeniable and to not respect that is pure idiocy in my opinion.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What great talents has he defeated? Why isn't he fighting for the LtHvy title! (and I don't mean against kids like Cloud)
    You see I've been in the boxing game a long time and I know the game Bernard is running and you won't see him in there tuff anymore! (tuff meaning an opponent that could win)
    Personally I could care less what some kid named "Violent Demise" cares hahahaha violent demise really with a picture of a clown drinking and pointing a gun hahahaha how old is this kid 12 yrs old
    As for calling me an idiot........did I call you any names? Why can't I have my opinions posted without being called a name? Theres seems to be "tuff guys" on all forums. Heres the difference between honest people who give their opinions after spending years in the sport!!! We use OUR NAMES, real names!!!! Kids like violent demise are in a dream world talking about boxing they think their the violent demise of the ring hahaha!!!
    bzkfm; your entitled to post ypur opinion and if you agree with the "demiser" thats ok just keep the name calling under control. I opened my first gym in 1969 its still active today run by one of the members from the mid eighties. Wheres your experience come from? Never mind I really don't care! Ray.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What great talents has he defeated? Why isn't he fighting for the LtHvy title! (and I don't mean against kids like Cloud)
    You see I've been in the boxing game a long time and I know the game Bernard is running and you won't see him in there tuff anymore! (tuff meaning an opponent that could win)
    Personally I could care less what some kid named "Violent Demise" cares hahahaha violent demise really with a picture of a clown drinking and pointing a gun hahahaha how old is this kid 12 yrs old
    As for calling me an idiot........did I call you any names? Why can't I have my opinions posted without being called a name? Theres seems to be "tuff guys" on all forums. Heres the difference between honest people who give their opinions after spending years in the sport!!! We use OUR NAMES, real names!!!! Kids like violent demise are in a dream world talking about boxing they think their the violent demise of the ring hahaha!!!
    bzkfm; your entitled to post ypur opinion and if you agree with the "demiser" thats ok just keep the name calling under control. I opened my first gym in 1969 its still active today run by one of the members from the mid eighties. Wheres your experience come from? Never mind I really don't care! Ray.
    And you don't consider Hopkins great? You should be a fucking ashame of yourself. Actually no you shouldn't be. I call bullshit on your claim. I know exactly who the fuck you are. You dislike for Hopkins is obvious. It's just pathetic (really,really pathetic) you express it in this matter. Say whatever you want. Claim whatever you want. It doesn't change the fact that you don't know shit about the sport of boxing.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

bah blah blah thats all you do is run your mouth, you wouldn't know an inside pivot from how to "walk off an opponent" your just a big mouth kid who loves to quote others than degrade them. I have zero interest in a debate with a kid who calls himself violent demise (thats funny) who is only on forums to disrespect people but never adds any actual boxing methods/techjniques and insights that are meaningfull. You just want to internet fight and blah blah................good bye sonny!

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I never said you were an idiot, I said the comment was stupid. I've seen a few of your posts were you claim certain moder day boxers aren't greats. It absolutely blows my mind when someone who is around the sport gets all nostalgic and rose tinted about the past that they totally disregard a fighter from the modern era just because of something Ali or Tyson did in the Good Ol' days. Yes there were many great fighters back in the day, but there are some great fighters today and opinions like this are detrimental to the sport

As for asking who Hopkins has beaten, try Trinidad, De La Hoya, Tarver, Joppy, Winky, Pavlik & Pascal. Have at look at his age when beating Pavlik & Pascal. Have a look at the consensus on who would win those fights. Almost everyone believed Pavlik would stop him and he boxed his ears off and nearly finished him. Also note that no other 48 year old boxer is winning or has won World Titles.

Are you really saying that he's average despite the fact the guy is continuously defying the odds?

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ray, man, lighten up. If hes not your cup of tea then drink warm milk, ya know. Hopkins knows the sport inside and out and could write a phonebook on ring generalship. Hes as 'old school' today as we as fans are blessed to have. Seriously I have no doubt he of all people runs opponent strategy and games rounds in his sleep and in the morning when hes clipping those annoying gray ear hairs. James Toney was old school in style and mind at one time but now he is a punchline. Hopkins is running with "kids" half his age into his 40's going on 50 ffs and holding his own against some of the better fighters going today not to mention breaking his own records. You can't slight a dude because he was born into another era and equally you cannot slight an era or label it weak because its not the one we fell in love with.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TigerFan View Post
    I was clicking around on Boxrec and saw this was on the ESPN TV schedule.

Has this been confirmed anywhere else?

BoxRec Boxing Records
    Any word on who televises this? A Hopkins fight on ESPN could draw pretty good ratings for boxing.

Also Gary Russell Jr has been added to the card.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hopkins on ESPN would be great but it will never happen.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Thread Information