Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Travelling To Mexico

Hey guys,

I know we've got guys from across the world here on the forum, and some particular advocates of Mexico and Mexican boxing like @Violent Demise and @killersheep on here.

I'm taking my pale white ass over to Mexico in a few weeks time to a friend's wedding, and am spending four days in Mexico City before heading over to the beach at Zihuatanejo on the west coast to catch some sun before I head back to enjoy the British summer.

Any travel tips or advice for me?
    Last edited by superheavyrhun; 05-19-2013 at 02:14 AM.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Travelling To Mexico

Stay away from cartel areas. And don't leave any pretty women alone anywhere. Cartel will kidnap them and they'll never be seen again. And that's not a joke

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise View Post
    Stay away from cartel areas. And don't leave any pretty women alone anywhere. Cartel will kidnap them and they'll never be seen again. And that's not a joke
    I'm not taking any with me, but what would be the chances of kidnapping one back with me?

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by superheavyrhun View Post
    Hey guys,

I know we've got guys from across the world here on the forum, and some particular advocates of Mexico and Mexican boxing like @Violent Demise and @killersheep on here.

I'm taking my pale white ass over to Mexico in a few weeks time to a friend's wedding, and am spending four days in Mexico City before heading over to the beach at Zihuatanejo on the west coast to catch some sun before I head back to enjoy the British summer.

Any travel tips or advice for me?
    @superheavyrhun :

Mexico City's a bit smoggy, but once you get out to the countryside, it's nice. The city's also quite crowded... depends on what you're used to. Also, even the food is quite tasty, avoid any roadside stands if at all possible. The people are generally friendly and willing to help out a tourist.

Have a good trip.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If you are going to be in Mexico city then Teotihuacan is a must see. Climb the pyramids and take some photos. Get a tour guide from the hotel and establish the price first. One of the most incredible things on earth. Morelia is a cool city and Guanajuato.

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Take two wallets, if you get robbed give up the false one with few $ and a few old cards etc, old broken phone worth having too maybe. Keep the real goods down in your money belt below your other belt line.
    Dont go to local smaller boxing matches.
    Be prepared 100% to pay a bribe if you are pulled over, deal with it before you get to the station cause the closer you get to there the more it will cost if you get locked down it will cost others in your home country.
    If shopping make sure they dont turn their backs on you when wrapping stuff up cause you wont get what you paid for, it'll be a shit version.
    Sorry about the survival info mate, but VD is bang on and when you are knowing, they somehow know you know as your eyes meet and then they go for some clutz instead of you.
    Hidden Content " border="0" />

I can explain it.
    But I cant understand it for you.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

thanks for the recommendations guys, teotihuacan is on the first day in MC, then xoxhimilco on the second day.

as for being wary, i am naturally fairly conservative as ive travelled a fair bit in the past. taking an old phone with a pay as you go sim instead of the iphone. as for money, i don't tend to carry more than i need anyway.

looking forward to hitting the beach and seeing the sun for once!

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm not taking any with me, but what would be the chances of kidnapping one back with me?
    Not good. Thanks to them faggot ass terrorists. 9/11 changed everything. Them days of going into Mexico at 3 pm, getting drunk while you get lap dances from multiple 17 year old strippers and still making it back into the US before you go to work at 10 pm are over. It's damn near impossible to bring someone back with you. And it's a damn shame. Cuz they got some of the most gorgeous women ever. And all they wanna do is cook you something to eat while they do your laundry. Either way have a good trip

Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Not good. Thanks to them faggot ass terrorists. 9/11 changed everything. Them days of going into Mexico at 3 pm, getting drunk while you get lap dances from multiple 17 year old strippers and still making it back into the US before you go to work at 10 pm are over. It's damn near impossible to bring someone back with you. And it's a damn shame. Cuz they got some of the most gorgeous women ever. And all they wanna do is cook you something to eat while they do your laundry. Either way have a good trip
    20 years ago I used to go to El Paso to visit friends and then go to Juarez for the fights. From the area where my friend's family lived in El Paso, you could go down the road and cross into mexico on a one lane wooden bridge, get Corona for $5 a case, even after you paid the 'guard' on the bridge.
    When I was last there in 1997, cocaine was literally being thrown across the Rio grande like tennis balls. You could go across into the less reputable areas of Juarez and back with no 'security' whatsoever...Don't think I would do that now.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I suggest u not go unless u know somebody.. If ur a foreigner and look like u got money, you are in danger.

My friend's uncle runs with the Sinaloa Cartel so ive been there alot without trouble but still, Mexico is a dangerous place..

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I do not think I will visit the place anytime soon from the sound of things.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by FinitoElDinamita View Post
    I suggest u not go unless u know somebody.. If ur a foreigner and look like u got money, you are in danger.

My friend's uncle runs with the Sinaloa Cartel so ive been there alot without trouble but still, Mexico is a dangerous place..
    Well, the first bit is heading over to a friend's wedding, so that bit in MC should be cool. And anyway, I'm a scruffy motherhubbard and look like I have little more than a bad case of paleface. I'm not going to have much money to steal anyway. If someone gets away with more than a few hundred pesos and a photocopy of my passport they'll have robbed someone else instead.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Buy a cool hat and drink tequila.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by FinitoElDinamita View Post

Well, the first bit is heading over to a friend's wedding, so that bit in MC should be cool. And anyway, I'm a scruffy motherhubbard and look like I have little more than a bad case of paleface. I'm not going to have much money to steal anyway. If someone gets away with more than a few hundred pesos and a photocopy of my passport they'll have robbed someone else instead.
    Like most places it's cool in the day. It's the night where it'll be a good idea to be in doors. The bars are actually a pretty safe place to be. Really the bars are the best thing about Mexico. You should watch your money no matter what. But you don't really have to worry about being robbed in a bar or club. Your safety is important to good business. Just be prepared to buy drinks. Cuz no lie, as soon as you walk in and sit down a girl will come sit on your lap and ask you to buy her a drink that she ain't even gonna drink. Most of them are to fucking hot to say no to. And it ain't just Mexican girls either. You got Chinese, Japanese. Pretty much anything Asian. Last time I was there the beer was about $7. $11 got you 2 drinks and a plate of snacks. Lap dances were $20. $40 to $70 gets you more than dancing. And not only do you get to pick the girl you wanna penetrate but the condoms and secure area are supplied. What more you want? Really you shouldn't even go the wedding. Just chill at the bars
    Last edited by Violent Demise; 05-22-2013 at 04:33 AM.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Forget the wedding just stay in the bar.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Thread Information