Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Klitshcko - Fury the gloves are off

Breaking news !!!!!

Cassius Clay adopts totally new style , and dances rings around plodding champion Sonny Liston.

Nobody would have seen this young slugger turn boxer for this fight !!! wow.
    What are the odds ?
    Amazing.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Lord Al View Post
    Breaking news !!!!!

Cassius Clay adopts totally new style , and dances rings around plodding champion Sonny Liston.

Nobody would have seen this young slugger turn boxer for this fight !!! wow.
    What are the odds ?
    Amazing.
    He had been dropped by two much smaller men. He wasnt hard to hit and didnt have a great chin. This was the assessment of him. There is a ring artical on it. An interesting side fact is that Liston had a longer reach than Klitschko!

"Of 58 sportswriters polled before the fight, 55 picked Liston to win and the vast majority thought he'd end matters quickly. In retrospect it's difficult to believe Clay was such a profound underdog but at the time several compelling reasons fueled their opinions.

First, Liston was a textbook fighter with a complete arsenal of deadly punches while Clay broke every imaginable rule of boxing fundamentals. He kept his hands too low. He leaned away from punches instead of slipping them. He never punched to the body. He knew nothing about fighting in the trenches. His hook and uppercut – which he used rarely – were average at best.

Second, Clay had a questionable chin. He suffered a flash knockdown against Sonny Banks and was nearly knocked senseless by Henry Cooper in his most recent fight eight months earlier. The punch that floored Clay both times: The left hook. And what was Liston's best punch? The left hook.

Third, despite the 14 knockouts in his 19-0 record and the fact that he had stopped 10 of his last 11 opponents, Clay didn't appear to have the one-punch power to earn Liston's respect.

Finally, the experts thought the 22-year-old Clay was mentally unstable and lacked the maturity to be world heavyweight champion. Those criticisms seemingly were confirmed the morning of the fight when Clay instigated the most chaotic weigh-in ceremony the boxing world had ever seen."
    Last edited by ross; 11-19-2015 at 01:45 AM.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ross View Post
    He had been dropped by two much smaller men. He wasnt hard to hit and didnt have a great chin. This was the assessment of him. There is a ring artical on it. An interesting side fact is that Liston had a longer reach than Klitschko!

"Of 58 sportswriters polled before the fight, 55 picked Liston to win and the vast majority thought he'd end matters quickly. In retrospect it's difficult to believe Clay was such a profound underdog but at the time several compelling reasons fueled their opinions.

First, Liston was a textbook fighter with a complete arsenal of deadly punches while Clay broke every imaginable rule of boxing fundamentals. He kept his hands too low. He leaned away from punches instead of slipping them. He never punched to the body. He knew nothing about fighting in the trenches. His hook and uppercut – which he used rarely – were average at best.

Second, Clay had a questionable chin. He suffered a flash knockdown against Sonny Banks and was nearly knocked senseless by Henry Cooper in his most recent fight eight months earlier. The punch that floored Clay both times: The left hook. And what was Liston's best punch? The left hook.

Third, despite the 14 knockouts in his 19-0 record and the fact that he had stopped 10 of his last 11 opponents, Clay didn't appear to have the one-punch power to earn Liston's respect.

Finally, the experts thought the 22-year-old Clay was mentally unstable and lacked the maturity to be world heavyweight champion. Those criticisms seemingly were confirmed the morning of the fight when Clay instigated the most chaotic weigh-in ceremony the boxing world had ever seen."

......please.....tell us more......there are......so many parallels between these fights

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Al is right Ali's defense was incredible at times for a HW. Reflexes and speed, something big ol Tyson Fury does not have in spades. He could throw a hook, but nothing like Frazier, and certainly not like Fury. Good luck putting Wlad in a headlock like Cunningham. Not going to happen.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeanz View Post
    Al is right Ali's defense was incredible at times for a HW. Reflexes and speed, something big ol Tyson Fury does not have in spades. He could throw a hook, but nothing like Frazier, and certainly not like Fury. Good luck putting Wlad in a headlock like Cunningham. Not going to happen.
    Who do you think will win Klitschko-Fury and how?

Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I know the kids spuds will explode with a fury win but logic says fury has beaten nobody of note , he has shown a weak chin against light punchers , his defence is as water tight as a haddock's bathing costum . He will lose by KO and like Sarah Jessica Parker , it won't be pretty!
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

El Kabong Guest

I know the kids spuds will explode with a fury win but logic says fury has beaten nobody of note , he has shown a weak chin against light punchers , his defence is as water tight as a haddock's bathing costum . He will lose by KO and like Sarah Jessica Parker , it won't be pretty!
    But the same thing was said about Ali before he fought Liston

HA I FUCKING BEAT YOU TO IT ROSS YOU COCKSUCKER!

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    But the same thing was said about Ali before he fought Liston

HA I FUCKING BEAT YOU TO IT ROSS YOU COCKSUCKER!
    You didnt beat me to it, you used it because its relevant. Calm down, your getting excited again and lowering the tone.

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeanz View Post
    Who do you think will win Klitschko-Fury and how?
    Wlad by brutal KO. It will be like the title of the Starsky and Hutch second season episode which originally started off as the test pilot

Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Early rounds Klit KO. He will come out with a vengeance and throw big ones, all fury has got is bar room and fouling, end of in 3 rounds.

Fury then begging for a fight with Joshua, getting no response (why risk a potential world champion against a pikey who could foul him out) Haye will then knock him the fuck out for about 1 and a bit mill, you heard it here first.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Give over with the height thing! Wilder is listed as the same height as Wlad! http://cdn.c.photoshelter.com/img-ge...913-TGS020.jpg

.....I just hope the ring is big enough to hold him horizontally is all. You know, once Fury is knocked out.
    Good one! Probably had Ross sticking his fist in his mouth to keep from screaming!

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by beenKOed View Post
    Give over with the height thing! Wilder is listed as the same height as Wlad! http://cdn.c.photoshelter.com/img-ge...913-TGS020.jpg

.....I just hope the ring is big enough to hold him horizontally is all. You know, once Fury is knocked out.
    Good one! Probably had Ross sticking his fist in his mouth to keep from screaming!
    The IQ is getting lower in here the closer the fight gets. Will be a good clear out when im the last man standing after

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Fury's height could work against him. Lennox Lewis was always more explosive against fighters around his height. The best Wlad looked in recent times was against 6'5 Pulev.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    I think Fury's height could work against him. Lennox Lewis was always more explosive against fighters around his height. The best Wlad looked in recent times was against 6'5 Pulev.
    I dont know why the height is being made such a deal of like its Tysons only asset. Its not that hes taller, or even how much taller. Its Tysons fighting ability, stamna and desire will all be too much. His size is an added bonus because Wlad will be made to work because he cant lean on a taller man.

Wlad looked good against Wach? Povetkn looked better. Wach isnt much.

El Kabong Guest

I dont know why the height is being made such a deal of like its Tysons only asset. Its not that hes taller, or even how much taller. Its Tysons fighting ability, stamna and desire will all be too much. His size is an added bonus because Wlad will be made to work because he cant lean on a taller man.

Wlad looked good against Wach? Povetkn looked better. Wach isnt much.
    1. Because it kinda IS his only asset...I mean if Tyson Fury was 6'3 would we see him differently? I think YES...if Wlad was 6'3 he'd still hold titles despite what people who assume his only asset is his size might say. Also Tyson Fury is talking about how big he is and how "Wlad has never fought a guy my size"

2. Yeah, Tyson Fury has shown great things in the ring......against BUMS

3. The bigger the fighter the easier it is for Wlad....a bigger slower target that has long arms and throws loopy wide punches with no zip on them.....ooooh I'm sure Wlad is super scared of fighting against THAT.

I honestly don't know why people (posters, boxing pundits, retired and active boxers) say "We'll see how Wlad handles a fight vs someone his own size".......ummm we've seen this many times before: Wlad vs McCline (TKO win), Wlad vs Austin (KO win), Wlad vs Thompson (TKO win), Wlad vs Thompson II (KO win), Wlad vs Wach (UD win), Wlad vs Pianetta (TKO win), Wlad vs Pulev (KO win).

Wlad throws sharper punches, Wlad moves better, Wlad has more experience, Wlad has more power, Wlad is harder to hit.

ross you compare Tyson Fury to Wladimir like you believe Wlad is Nicolay Valuev....Tyson Fury CAN move and punch in a more fluid manner than Valuev did, but Tyson Fury isn't anywhere near the same level as Wlad....I guess you'll just have to see for yourself.

Thread Information