Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default buster douglas vs lennox lewis

ok what if you take the douglas from tokyo vs the lewis from golota?
    ok titofan talk some sense into me....douglas was pretty amazing that night i will admit it here for the first time........but is this a mismatch? who wins and how?
    &quot;To see a man beaten not by a better opponent but by himself is a tragety&quot; -Cus D&#039;amato-<br /><br />&quot;I pitty the fool&quot;-clubber lang-<br /><br />&quot;My power is discombobulatingly devastating I could feel is muscle tissues collapse under my force. It&#039;s ludicrous these mortals even attempt to enter my realm&quot;

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: buster douglas vs lennox lewis

Quote Originally Posted by MR T
    ok titofan talk some sense into me....douglas was pretty amazing that night i will admit it here for the first time........but is this a mismatch? who wins and how?
    I'm at a disadvantage, in that I've seen the Douglas-Tyson fight several times, but I didn't see the Lewis-Golota fight. But IMO, even the "Tyson" Douglas wouldn't have been a match for Lewis at his peak (when he was motivated to fight, that is). Problem with Lewis was... he wasn't always motivated (ie: 1st McCall and Rahman fights).

ICB Guest

douglas would outjab lewis and would be ahead on cards but lewis stops him round about 7 or 8 would be similar to bruno vs lewis

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

my instincts tell me that lewis would crush douglas very quickly....but a lot of peeps feel that douglas was unstoppable that night so there might be some mixed emotions
    &quot;To see a man beaten not by a better opponent but by himself is a tragety&quot; -Cus D&#039;amato-<br /><br />&quot;I pitty the fool&quot;-clubber lang-<br /><br />&quot;My power is discombobulatingly devastating I could feel is muscle tissues collapse under my force. It&#039;s ludicrous these mortals even attempt to enter my realm&quot;

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan
    I'm at a disadvantage, in that I've seen the Douglas-Tyson fight several times, but I didn't see the Lewis-Golota fight. But IMO, even the "Tyson" Douglas wouldn't have been a match for Lewis at his peak (when he was motivated to fight, that is). Problem with Lewis was... he wasn't always motivated (ie: 1st McCall and Rahman fights).
    have u seen lewis vs ruddick? very fookin impressive

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ICE COLD BOXING
    douglas would outjab lewis and would be ahead on cards but lewis stops him round about 7 or 8 would be similar to bruno vs lewis
    i think u maybe right ICE COLD unless the lewis from ruddick showed up u know the agressive animal that lewis could be at times,then 1st or 2nd rd ko

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Golata did the WORST thing you can do against a taller jabbing guy with a really good right hand.
    He laid off to the right. It was unbelievable! At first lewis couldn't.t believe it then he started sort of feeling the right hand to it sort of 1/2 throwing it like so as to not scare Golota into stopping from doing it.
    Then he started throwing the right....maybe 4 times before it was K POW shows over.

Buster didn't do that.. Against Tyson who was smaller Douglas looked good. Very good
    would be a totally different fight for both guys.

I think that that night.. Buster Douglas would not be denied. he was great.
    I don't know if Lennox was great on the golota night,just that Golota showed a Very poor defense and made a Technical defensive blunder over and over till Lewis was able to land the right
    Based on those 2 nights only......BUSTER DOUGLAS.
    Most any other night in Busters career against most any night in lewis's.....Lennox

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

my instincts tell me that lewis would crush douglas very quickly....but a lot of peeps feel that douglas was unstoppable that night so there might be some mixed emotions
    That was probably a dig at me (LOL).
    But I'm not that blind. I also think Lewis (especially a focused, angry Lewis) would've beat the stuffing out of Douglas. Even the "Tyson" Douglas.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan
    That was probably a dig at me (LOL).
    But I'm not that blind. I also think Lewis (especially a focused, angry Lewis) would've beat the stuffing out of Douglas. Even the "Tyson" Douglas.

it wasnt a dig at you my man LOL....ive heard it plenty of times a lot of peeps feel douglas was unbeatable that night fighting with his mothers death for inspiration.........but he was very beatable if tyson showed up in better shape it would have been more competitive

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

lewis golota part one

ive already seen it but i cant watch it takes about 20 mins to load on my piece of shite computer LOL[youtube=425,350]kfZDg5ydDvc[/youtube]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

lewis golota part 2

[youtube=425,350]AVl2gmp8j0M[/youtube]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

lewis golota part 3[youtube=425,350]FJ2Zs7vvThg[/youtube]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i hope i put the right ones up cause i cant watch them just copy-paste from utube

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think the Tyson that turned up the night he boxed Douglas was very beatable
    Pain lasts a only a minute, but the memory will last forever....

boxingbournemouth - Cornelius Carrs private boxing tuition and personal fitness training

ICB Guest

lewis always did struggled people with good jabs bruno and mercer fights come to mind like i said though buster would of outjabbed lewis for first 6 rounds but would of been tkoed in 7 or 8 rounds

Thread Information