Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Nationality of Judges in "World" Title Fights?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Nationality of Judges in "World" Title Fights?

I noticed a while ago that many "world" title fights - that take place in the States between an American and non-American - are officiated by THREE American judges.

for example.. Hatton-Floyd.

I can't recall ANY "world" title fight in Britain, between Brit and non-Brit, having three Brit judges. I checked a few German and Japanese "world" title fights and noticed the judges seem to be from neutral countries too.

So.. can anyone name a "world" title fight outside the States that had three home-country judges?

Thank you.

(yes, i know, i will soon be taking up trainspotting )
    Last edited by Fenster; 09-24-2008 at 05:30 PM.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Nationality of Judges in "World" Title Fights?

Theres only so many "world title" bouts outside the states to work with

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    I noticed a while ago that many "world" title fights - that take place in the States between an American and non-American - are officiated by THREE American judges.

for example.. Hatton-Floyd.

I can't recall ANY "world" title fight in Britain, between Brit and non-Brit, having three Brit judges. I checked a few German and Japanese "world" title fights and noticed the judges seem to be from neutral countries too.

So.. can anyone name a "world" title fight outside the States that had three home-country judges?

Thank you.

(yes, i know, i will soon be taking up trainspotting )

Ok, this is a boxrec question, I'll get back to you.
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Trainer Monkey View Post
    err..what? There's "world" title fights all over the world all the time.

Look - this is what i mean..

Hozumi Hasegawa-vs-Cristian Faccio - Tokyo, Japan | judge: Alan Krebs 10-9 | judge: Max DeLuca 10-9 | judge: Stephen Blea 10-9 ~

How come it wasn't THREE Japanese judges?

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hozumi Hasegawa-vs-Cristian Faccio - Tokyo, Japan | judge: Alan Krebs 10-9 | judge: Max DeLuca 10-9 | judge: Stephen Blea 10-9 ~

OK you have a point, I looked as long as my attention level would let me and I had no dice. I agree that World Title bouts SHOULD have international judges, if at all possible.
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by killersheep View Post

OK you have a point, I looked as long as my attention level would let me and I had no dice. I agree that World Title bouts SHOULD have international judges, if at all possible.
    Recent Championships
    Hopkins-Calzaghe-Las Vegas
    Kiltschko-Ibragimov-New York
    Peter-McCline NY
    Tarver Hopkins-Atlantic City
    I mean you get some guys who never travel like Bute,but I can probably find 3 to 1 major bouts that happened in the states
    Not to mention compare populations,now If China was involved in Pro boxing,and couldnt get consistent majority judges,youd have a point.
    Like or not,the US has the second highest population in the world,more of a pool to chose from
    Sorry 3rd most populous India is number 2
    But if there are 350 Million Americans
    And there 61 Million British
    Are you more or less likely to get an American judge or a British judge
    Last edited by Trainer Monkey; 09-24-2008 at 06:09 PM.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Trainermonkey - what the hell you waffling about man?

This isn't a slight on America. I can't even think of a fight where three American judges ROBBED the forigner.

It seems very odd, thats all.

There's PLENTY of judges in Britain, yet NO "world" fight (i can find) without an international judge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Trainermonkey - what the hell you waffling about man?

This isn't a slight on America. I can't even think of a fight where three American judges ROBBED the forigner.

It seems very odd, thats all.

There's PLENTY of judges in Britain, yet NO "world" fight (i can find) without an international judge
    Im not waffling about anything
    There are more American judges
    Most of the big fights happen in the states,so its cheaper to get the judges in
    Therefore,your more likely to get 3 American Judges
    And you still have no idea about the fact that we have no real sense of national identity
    If youve got an Polish from Poland guy fighting in Chicago,fighting against a chicano from LA,and its an all Chicago Judging crew
    Im not betting on the American Chicano

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Right.. so it's cheaper to have THREE American judges in America.. well surely it's CHEAPER to have THREE BRIT judges in Britain!?! Or three Germans in Germany.. Or three Japanese in Japan?

Calzaghe-Lacy England - judge:Nelson Vazquez 119-105 | judge: Roy Francis 119-107 | judge: Adalaide Byrd 119-107

What was Byrd and Vazquez doing there? Three Brit judges could have done it, no?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Right.. so it's cheaper to have THREE American judges in America.. well surely it's CHEAPER to have THREE BRIT judges in Britain!?! Or Three Germans in Germany.. Or Three Japanese in Japan?

Calzaghe-Lacy England - judge:Nelson Vazquez 119-105 | judge: Roy Francis 119-107 | judge: Adalaide Byrd 119-107

What was Byrd and Vazquez doing there? Three Brit judges could have done it, no?
    Its cheaper,but again,you dont have the judge pool to draw from,you do realize judges have a ranking system dont you
    Your not exactly going to grab a judge from the Blue Horizon to judge a fight at Madison Square Garden,are you?
    You just dont have enough people to have a deep enough judge pool
    ANd you still dont understand the US,there is no ethnic identity in this country,and until you get that through your head,you'll never understand how ludicrous your conspiracy theories sound.
    Philadelphia has as much in common with Los Angeles as England has in common with Mars
    Grand Rapids is a long way from Las Vegas,and Hatton is more popular here in the states then Mayweather,he lost,get over it

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Right.. so it's cheaper to have THREE American judges in America.. well surely it's CHEAPER to have THREE BRIT judges in Britain!?! Or Three Germans in Germany.. Or Three Japanese in Japan?

Its cheaper,but again,you dont have the judge pool to draw from,you do realize judges have a ranking system dont you
    Your not exactly going to grab a judge from the Blue Horizon to judge a fight at Madison Square Garden,are you?
    ANd you still dont understand the US,there is no ethnic identity in this country,and until you get that through your head,you'll never understand how ludicrous your conspiracy theories sound.
    Philadelphia has as much in common with Los Angeles as England has in common with Mars
    Grand Rapids is a long way from Las Vegas,and Hatton is more popular here in the states then Mayweather, he lost,get over it
    What does this have to do with Hatton-Floyd? I used that as an example. I picked Floyd to KO Hatton, I couldn't careless about that fight.

"ludicrous conspiracy theories"?

I'm not accusing anyone of foul play. It's a simple oddity that ONLY in America (someone may yet find this is wrong) "world" title fights can be judged by THREE Americans even with a non-American as one of the competitors.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Grand Rapids is a long way from Las Vegas,and Hatton is more popular here in the states then Mayweather, he lost,get over it
    What does this have to do with Hatton-Floyd? I used that as an example. I picked Floyd to KO Hatton, I couldn't careless about that fight.

I'm not accusing anyone of foul play. It's a simple oddity that ONLY in America (someone may yet find this is wrong) "world" title fights can be judged by THREE Americans even with a non-American as one of the competitors.
    Again,there are more and higher ranked judges in the states,its a larger pool to choose from
    And again,the Nationality theory,let me try to explain this country so you finally understand by using a different sport
    Baseball
    Along the Northeastern Seaboard there are 3 different Major Teams,The Yankees,The Red Sox,and The Phillies
    If the Yankees were playing the Cuban National team you would find lifelong Reagan Free Market Conservatives in Philly and Boston saying,"You know that Castro wasnt a bad guy after all"
    Tyson-Bruno I think most people in the states were rooting for Bruno,I know I was

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

err.. you mean like the Scots and Welsh hating the English?

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Again,there are more and higher ranked judges in the states,its a larger pool to choose from
    And again,the Nationality theory,let me try to explain this country so you finally understand by using a different sport
    Baseball
    Along the Northeastern Seaboard there are 3 different Major Teams,The Yankees,The Red Sox,and The Phillies
    If the Yankees were playing the Cuban National team you would find lifelong Reagan Free Market Conservatives in Philly and Boston saying,"You know that Castro wasnt a bad guy after all"
    Tyson-Bruno I think most people in the states were rooting for Bruno,I know I was

Thing is, if I'm not mistaken (and I may be) all three judges from the Hatton-Mayweather fight were from Las Vegas.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by killersheep View Post

Baseball

Thing is, if I'm not mistaken (and I may be) all three judges from the Hatton-Mayweather fight were from Las Vegas.
    And Mayweather is from Michigan,not exactly a home town fave

Thread Information