Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Rigondeaux wants to fight Quigg

http://www.fightnews.com/Boxing/rigo...p-quigg-281936

Looks like he's putting the pressure on and trying to get in the way of the big showdown between Quigg-Frampton. Would do you think will happen here?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Rigondeaux wants to fight Quigg

Quigg should be wanting to fight Rigondeaux. I understand the big money Frampton fight is within reaching distance now but he has had that interim belt for over two years and the regular trinket for almost a year and a half.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I just don't think It's a good fight to go into post surgery. Same with the Frampton fight. He needs a decent level opponent , but not the two best in his next one. IMO

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If Quigg is coming from an injury he is best to have an easier fight and see how it stands up.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    If Quigg is coming from an injury he is best to have an easier fight and see how it stands up.
    Completely agree. He's not due back till the summer and he fought in November was it? Too risky taking on Frampton or Rigo

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Tam Seddon View Post
    I just don't think It's a good fight to go into post surgery. Same with the Frampton fight. He needs a decent level opponent , but not the two best in his next one. IMO
    Tam, those were my thoughts exactly, but HIS keenness to go straight back in with Frampton means that the same should apply to Rigondeaux. I like Quigg a lot and if he fought Frampton, I would be rooting for him.
    However, I totally understand Rigo's point, and if I were him I would do exactly the same. Everybody sees Rigo as the best, but the Money fight in the division involves 2 fighters that really don't want much to do with him. That's bound to piss him off. Add to that McGuigan (and British pundits e.g. Haye) saying Frampton is now no.1 , it's gonna piss him off even more, especially when they've blatantly steered clear of him.
    Rigo is showing who the boss is here, fight and beat Quigg, then Goad Frampton into a fight, and totally fuck up the Frampton/Quigg Stadium fight. that's his aim. To be fair, if Quigg wants to call himself a World Champion, then these are fights he has to take.
    If Quigg fights Rigo , I would love to see him win and then call the shots to McGuigan with his snidey remarks and shut the fucker up. Realistically though , don't see it happening I'm afraid.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Tam, those were my thoughts exactly, but HIS keenness to go straight back in with Frampton means that the same should apply to Rigondeaux. I like Quigg a lot and if he fought Frampton, I would be rooting for him.
    However, I totally understand Rigo's point, and if I were him I would do exactly the same. Everybody sees Rigo as the best, but the Money fight in the division involves 2 fighters that really don't want much to do with him. That's bound to piss him off. Add to that McGuigan (and British pundits e.g. Haye) saying Frampton is now no.1 , it's gonna piss him off even more, especially when they've blatantly steered clear of him.
    Rigo is showing who the boss is here, fight and beat Quigg, then Goad Frampton into a fight, and totally fuck up the Frampton/Quigg Stadium fight. that's his aim. To be fair, if Quigg wants to call himself a World Champion, then these are fights he has to take.
    If Quigg fights Rigo , I would love to see him win and then call the shots to McGuigan with his snidey remarks and shut the fucker up. Realistically though , don't see it happening I'm afraid.
    Agree it's a very tough fight vs Rigo and risk reward he may as well does his best to get the Frampton fight. I think Quigg would actually fight Rigo, but with a fight being so close with Frampton he will want that

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Barry McGuigan is great! Do not criticise him. He wants to put boxing back on ITV. He is our version Al Haymon.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Agree it's a very tough fight vs Rigo and risk reward he may as well does his best to get the Frampton fight. I think Quigg would actually fight Rigo, but with a fight being so close with Frampton he will want that
    It will probably be out of his hands. If Rigo gets Quigg accepted as the Mandatory, then Quigg either has to take it or relinquish his belt.
    If he takes it, he will get the short end of the stick financially. if he relinquishes his belt to fight Frampton, he won't have the bargaining chip of it being a unification. thus , he will get considerably less than Frampton .
    Lose-Lose for Quigg is the harsh reality. the only way he gains is if he beats Rigo, then he can negotiate hard with McGuigan and Frampton.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Barry McGuigan is great! Do not criticise him. He wants to put boxing back on ITV. He is our version Al Haymon.
    Except that McGuigan has the whole family on the payroll. His one son Trains Frampton, the Other Promotes him , and he's the manager! Frampton Stays at McGuigan's place when he's in camp, and Trains in McGuigan's Gym , all of which I am sure Frampton pays a hefty fee for.
    I'm willing to wager that if for example Frampton had a purse of £1 million, after all his expenses , McGuigan et al would clear Double what Frampton does! I think the better comparison is with Don King.
    I've said it before, this will end in tears!

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Except that McGuigan has the whole family on the payroll. His one son Trains Frampton, the Other Promotes him , and he's the manager! Frampton Stays at McGuigan's place when he's in camp, and Trains in McGuigan's Gym , all of which I am sure Frampton pays a hefty fee for.
    I'm willing to wager that if for example Frampton had a purse of £1 million, after all his expenses , McGuigan et al would clear Double what Frampton does! I think the better comparison is with Don King.
    No way would Barry allow Frampton to take less yjam he would. Barry was a fighter and he would not exploit Frampton. He is like a son to him.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No way would Barry allow Frampton to take less yjam he would. Barry was a fighter and he would not exploit Frampton. He is like a son to him.
    McGuigan felt that he got Shafted by Barney Eastwood, and he was bitter about that. Funny , that was like a Father/Son relationship. He even brought out a song "Thank you Mr. Eastwood" before it all went Pear shaped. Now , he wants to make sure he's on the other end of it.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It was exactly why he would never rip Frampton off because of what Eastwood did to him. Barry is an integral man.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It was exactly why he would never rip Frampton off because of what Eastwood did to him. Barry is an integral man.
    I'm not so sure. Frampton left Matchroom because Hearn wouldn't agree to McGuigan managing and promoting as its a conflict of interests, so he went to Warren . Then he's ditched Warren to go to ITV, and while that's very commendable, is it the best thing for Frampton as it will be very restrictive?
    I'm not so sure.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm not so sure. Frampton left Matchroom because Hearn wouldn't agree to McGuigan managing and promoting as its a conflict of interests, so he went to Warren . Then he's ditched Warren to go to ITV, and while that's very commendable, is it the best thing for Frampton as it will be very restrictive?
    I'm not so sure.
    I trust Barry over Hearn and Warren to look after his fighter.

Going to ITV means he will build up Frampton's profile bigger than if he was on a satellite TV station. Frampton will be a legend in comparison to Quigg.

Thread Information