Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Muhammad Ali Son Says He Was Again Questioned at Airport

One month after allegedly being detained and questioned about his Muslim faith at Florida airport, the son of boxing legend Muhammad Ali says he was stopped and questioned about his identity before a flight departing from Washington, D.C.
    "I'm out here trying to take care of business and I have to be harassed," Muhammad Ali Jr. told NBC Miami. "It's really bad," he said. "I mean, nobody should take this type of abuse."
    Ali Jr. said he was stopped by a ticket agent at Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport who said his identification was expired — he says it is not expired — and that his name was flagged and the Department of Homeland Security needed to be called.

Muhammad Ali Son Says He Was Again Questioned at Airport - NBC News

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Muhammad Ali Son Says He Was Again Questioned at Airport

This is what happens when Trump is in charge, unintended consequences of his actions.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Travel down a third. People don't want to go to a place they are not welcome. I would love to visit Walrus and Brock but not while America is like this. Same under Obama. I avoid countries like the US and China. So many other warmer more open places to go to.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

UK too. I would prefer to fly my mum out rather than go to that wacked place.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yes it's absolutely horrible to be questioned entering a country. I was help at pudong airport in china and I thought how dare these people who do they think they are. Dudes, in the seventies you weren't even checked for weapons. Is everyone one so triggered they need freak about being questioned. Damn they held me in Detroit one time cause my name was similar to someone on a list. After about forty minutes they said you are good enjoy your travels. Big fucking deal what the hell is wrong with people. I'm happy to see the rich get the same shit we do. He should have charted a flight to avoid it all, idiot

Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Excellent they are protecting citizens by questioning people.
    If he has done nothing wrong then he has nothing to worry about.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    yes it's absolutely horrible to be questioned entering a country. I was help at pudong airport in china and i thought how dare these people who do they think they are. Dudes, in the seventies you weren't even checked for weapons. Is everyone one so triggered they need freak about being questioned. Damn they held me in detroit one time cause my name was similar to someone on a list. After about forty minutes they said you are good enjoy your travels. big fucking deal what the hell is wrong with people. i'm happy to see the rich get the same shit we do. He should have charted a flight to avoid it all, idiot
    precisely

Mentioned
    503 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by smashup View Post
    One month after allegedly being detained and questioned about his Muslim faith at Florida airport, the son of boxing legend Muhammad Ali says he was stopped and questioned about his identity before a flight departing from Washington, D.C.
    "I'm out here trying to take care of business and I have to be harassed," Muhammad Ali Jr. told NBC Miami. "It's really bad," he said. "I mean, nobody should take this type of abuse."
    Ali Jr. said he was stopped by a ticket agent at Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport who said his identification was expired — he says it is not expired — and that his name was flagged and the Department of Homeland Security needed to be called.

Just racism. Simple as that. They wanted to make an example.
    Last edited by denilson200; 03-13-2017 at 07:13 PM.

Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by denilson200 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by smashup View Post

Just racism. Simple as that. They wanted to make an example.
    He wasn't stopped for being black . he was stopped because he is muslim.
    Islam is a fictional belief which can be followed by brain washed people of any colour.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Post Re: Muhammad Ali Son Says He Was Again Questioned at Airport

Some of the attitudes in this thread seem peculiar to say the least. For a nation supposedly all about 'freedom', it doesn't seem to be a very free or just place and you have people almost cheering it on. Then people say 'Well, unless you live here, you cannot comment'. The truth is, I honestly wouldn't want to go to a place that treats people like that and seemingly more people feel the same way going on the tourist numbers. I genuinely do enjoy freedom and being left to my own devices, to be able to move around without being hassled or persecuted. It's wrong that this bloke keeps getting detained and what makes it worse is that ordinary people end up saying 'Good'. Terrible things happen when good people say nothing, or worse of all encourage it thus giving the state even greater hubris. There was a writer from New Zealand who had the same thing happen to her. She has been to the states dozens of times, yet was put through hours of stress. She won't return, just an ordinary decent woman.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oh get the violinsTony

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So you agree with harrassing a well known children's author for 6 hours with no good reason to the point that she gets so distraught she doubts she will ever go there again? What's the point? What's the point of harrassing Ali's son? This isn't keeping anyone safe. It is wasting a broke nations resources and in turn driving down tourism which in turn means even less people buying your goods and services. It's not how greatness is restored. Though it is a good way to get extremists frothing at the mouth saying 'Precisely'. You were agaist all this TSA nonsense starting dozens of threads on how they had gone too far. Guess you don't mind anymore.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...ncel-us-travel

Another story. Gotta keep those terrorists out, eh?

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Would anyone be surprised if it was found Ali's son had ties to terrorist groups.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Would anyone be surprised if it was found Ali's son had ties to terrorist groups.
    No I wouldn't be surprised at all. Gandalf seems to have lost the plot. I myself was held up for 3 hours at JFK International Airport in New York City in 2008 on my way back from Guyana in South America period as inconvenient as it was I was glad they were doing their job. Getting off thinks it's the end of the world because somebody was inconvenience for a few hours.

Thread Information