Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Nhl thread

Nhl starts soon, anyone a fan?... I'm living in vancouver just now but it is so expensive to go to teh games I don't think I will see one live this season, wanted to see new jersey so I looked for 2 tickets and the cheapest was 186 dollars(per ticket :S)

anyway real reason of the thread(maybe it should be in spam) I have a yahoo fantasy league, free to play and no prizes but I seem to be short on players and the draft is tomorrow does anyone want to play, I prefer to have people I know or people from forums I go on instead of 100% random internet fellows ... let me know if you want in !

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Nhl thread

I also live in Vancouver and am anxiously awaiting another season of disappointment for all the Canucks fans in this city. Maybe they can burn down Surrey this time...

If you want to see a game for cheaper, go down to the arena about halfway through the first period and buy a scalpers ticket. Probably best to do it on a weekday again a team like Florida.

El Kabong Guest

I'm stoked about the season let's go Canes!!!!

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CFH View Post
    I also live in Vancouver and am anxiously awaiting another season of disappointment for all the Canucks fans in this city. Maybe they can burn down Surrey this time...

If you want to see a game for cheaper, go down to the arena about halfway through the first period and buy a scalpers ticket. Probably best to do it on a weekday again a team like Florida.
    canucks looked good v new york.... but I think the rangers were bad all preseason and were on the end of a long road trip ... Interesting pre season the canucks owned two poorer teams but took a kicking v the other guys... I understand losing to edmonton though, it seems to be everyone else in canada doesn't like teh canucks for some reason( I am not canadian so I am not too familiar with this) and with their young team the games would have meant a lot more to them... The san jose result was poor though...

What do you think should happen with the sedins? Last year of their contracts and they have slipped a slight amount since their best 09-11 still top class though but the canucks are so close to the cap already maybe they should let these fellows move onwards and start rebuilding. I hope they get resigned for sentimental reasons !

Playing nhl 14 I realised how bad some of the canucks contracts are.... everyone knows about luongo but what about booth :SS: who's idea was this even when he does play he has hardly contributed at all ....

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    I'm stoked about the season let's go Canes!!!!
    I always thought you were from texas :S.... I don't know my state flags well enough at all !(I think the star avatar fooled me a bit too)

I don't mind teh hurricanes at all, looking forward to seeing how semin will do with a long term contract :S

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by palmerq View Post

canucks looked good v new york.... but I think the rangers were bad all preseason and were on the end of a long road trip ... Interesting pre season the canucks owned two poorer teams but took a kicking v the other guys... I understand losing to edmonton though, it seems to be everyone else in canada doesn't like teh canucks for some reason( I am not canadian so I am not too familiar with this) and with their young team the games would have meant a lot more to them... The san jose result was poor though...

What do you think should happen with the sedins? Last year of their contracts and they have slipped a slight amount since their best 09-11 still top class though but the canucks are so close to the cap already maybe they should let these fellows move onwards and start rebuilding. I hope they get resigned for sentimental reasons !

Playing nhl 14 I realised how bad some of the canucks contracts are.... everyone knows about luongo but what about booth :SS: who's idea was this even when he does play he has hardly contributed at all ....
    A preseason games against an exhausted Rangers team doesn't mean shit. The Canucks are old, they lack offensive depth, and they have a goalie who has spent the last year and a half demanding a trade. They're fucked and I can already hear the whining of all the bandwagon, rioting fans.

Nobody outside of the Lower Mainland area likes the Canucks. The reasons are numerous: the team itself has long been made of cheap, dirty, diving, whining players. Then there are the fans. The bandwagoning, belligerent, and poorly informed segment of their fanbase is insanely loud - all they do is talk about how great the team is and then blame everyone else when they cannot get it done. Oh yeah, they also tried to burn down the city a few years ago. I used to be a HUGE fan of the Canucks, I watched or listened to almost every game of theirs for almost a decade. Now, I can't stand them (nor do I watch much hockey at all) and it's mostly because of the fans.

As for their cap situation and the Sedins - the team is getting older and they are definitely on the downside of their arc. That being said, they are still quite good. If the team is smart, they will try to resign the Sedins at a lower number. They're on the slide and have demonstrated time and again that they cannot get things done in the playoffs when the refs essentially throw out the rulebook and call the game by a different set of rules (which is unfortunate, because they are some of the classiest guys to ever play the game).
    Last edited by CFH; 09-29-2013 at 05:59 AM.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i have only been in the vancouver area for 3 years on and off for the last 5 years but I know what you mean about the fans.... everyone is a great fan when they win :S but when they are not so great... even though they make the playoffs so many people/fans just bash them :S... the canucks won the presidents trohy twice in a row... they were no mugs....but people say "man i gave up on the canucks, they suck, they neever win".... what a load of bollocks :S..... only one team ever wins the stanley cup and tha canucks have done very well recently but still so many people here just talk balls about them... but still they are my nhl team... The fans are crap here... they do pay the money to go to games to be fair but still the amount of nonsense that comes out of the majority of their mouths is ridiculous.... they are our team here... lets suppport em no matter... but no.. most just talk crap.. anyway whatever I am a canucks fan so I am biased !...

Managed to find the cheaper tickets for the canucks devils game on tuesday so I am off to gm place for that ! 91 a ticket...... what a scam, far back and behind the goal..... but it'll be fun to go there

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Flames fan here but live in Yukon. I'll be retired before they make the playoffs.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i have only been in the vancouver area for 3 years on and off for the last 5 years but I know what you mean about the fans.... everyone is a great fan when they win :S but when they are not so great... even though they make the playoffs so many people/fans just bash them :S... the canucks won the presidents trohy twice in a row... they were no mugs....but people say "man i gave up on the canucks, they suck, they neever win".... what a load of bollocks :S..... only one team ever wins the stanley cup and tha canucks have done very well recently but still so many people here just talk balls about them... but still they are my nhl team... The fans are crap here... they do pay the money to go to games to be fair but still the amount of nonsense that comes out of the majority of their mouths is ridiculous.... they are our team here... lets suppport em no matter... but no.. most just talk crap.. anyway whatever I am a canucks fan so I am biased !...

Managed to find the cheaper tickets for the canucks devils game on tuesday so I am off to gm place for that ! 91 a ticket...... what a scam, far back and behind the goal..... but it'll be fun to go there
    Could be a cool game to be at if Schnieder starts for the Devils, which he is almost certain to.

Where did you come to Vancouver from?

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by IamInuit View Post
    Flames fan here but live in Yukon. I'll be retired before they make the playoffs.
    It looks like they're finally doing the right thing and starting a rebuild. They did an AWFUL job of managing their assets over the last 4-5 years though.

Still, I hate them and am happy to watch them lose .

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by IamInuit View Post
    at least the flames won the stanley cup in the age of colour tv ! I go to see the flames farm team, abbotsford heat every so often and they had this large mustachioed stanley cup winning hero parading around one day :S no idea why they thought having calgarys farm team so close to vancouver would be a good idea ! :S

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Could be a cool game to be at if Schnieder starts for the Devils, which he is almost certain to.

I am a scotsman and I just work here :S so I am pretty new to the whole ice hockey thing

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I am a scotsman and I just work here :S so I am pretty new to the whole ice hockey thing
    Ah, cool. I came here just over 2 years ago. What part of the Lower Mainland are you in? We just moved to the North Shore from south-east Vancouver and I am already itching to get back to East Van.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

just now I live in burnaby near the edmonds skytrain, work out in langley but the drive is pretty good going as I am not so far from the patullo bridge I quite like it here although tarffic can be awful, so are you in north vancouver or still in actuall vancouver? north van is a lovely place

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

just now I live in burnaby near the edmonds skytrain, work out in langley but the drive is pretty good going as I am not so far from the patullo bridge I quite like it here although tarffic can be awful, so are you in north vancouver or still in actuall vancouver? north van is a lovely place
    At least you're going against traffic.

We're in Lower Lonsdale in North Van. We moved from Vancouver because I got a job on the North Shore and didn't want to deal with the horrendous bridge traffic.

It is okay here, but it's so incredibly white, middle-class, and boring. I much prefer East Van.

Burnaby is okay in some areas, I just got back from dinner on Hastings and I love running around Deer and Burnaby lakes. I used to work by SFU when I was with the Red Cross.

Thread Information