Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Do you think Strikeforce could be better than UFC?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Do you think Strikeforce could be better than UFC?

I'm consistantly having this argument with a friend of mine. He is a big UFC fan, but I actually enjoy watching Strikeforce shows more. I just think most of their fighters are more entertaining, especially in the standup. I think their divisions are better balanced, and I also prefer the presentation of their shows i.e. setting, commontators, and Jimmy Lennon is just waaaaaaaaay better than Bruce Buffer. People like Robbie Lawler & Nick Diaz are never in a dull fight, and I never feel like I haven't seen at least 1 good fight on a Strikeforce card, wheras I'm consistantly disappointed by UFC. Anyone agree with me?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Do you think Strikeforce could be better than UFC?

Quote Originally Posted by bzkfn View Post
    I'm consistantly having this argument with a friend of mine. He is a big UFC fan, but I actually enjoy watching Strikeforce shows more. I just think most of their fighters are more entertaining, especially in the standup. I think their divisions are better balanced, and I also prefer the presentation of their shows i.e. setting, commontators, and Jimmy Lennon is just waaaaaaaaay better than Bruce Buffer. People like Robbie Lawler & Nick Diaz are never in a dull fight, and I never feel like I haven't seen at least 1 good fight on a Strikeforce card, wheras I'm consistantly disappointed by UFC. Anyone agree with me?
    i have never seen a strikeforce event, as i have espn they show the ufc events so thats pretty much all i watch on mma. if it was on tv i would watch it, is it on tv in uk?

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Drago View Post
    i have never seen a strikeforce event, as i have espn they show the ufc events so thats pretty much all i watch on mma. if it was on tv i would watch it, is it on tv in uk?
    Used to be on Bravo, but Sky bought Bravo and discontinued it so I'm streaming for now. This Heavyweight Tournament has a chance of being bought though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Drago View Post
    Used to be on Bravo, but Sky bought Bravo and discontinued it so I'm streaming for now. This Heavyweight Tournament has a chance of being bought though.
    ok think will download it then

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

UFC is well known WORLDWIDE. They give their fighters like 10x more exposure than any mma business.

Imo, UFC is better.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Of course they could be better....they just need the UFC roster. You mentioned two fighter who always have great fights but the UFC is stacked with great fighters. Shogun, Rampage, Alves, Hardy, Bisping, Franklin, Griffin, Bonner, Velasquez, Couture, Mir, Big Nog, Guida, Jones and many more to list also these names are becoming house hold names Strikefore doesn't have that. I has a limited roster therefore making limited fights of a smaller caliber. It can make good fight but there meaningless. The Hendo vs Babalu card was just KO after KO but they wear meaningless you could have that in the UFC but ultimately it wouldn't move fighters up in the divisions.
    Hidden Content
    Records are for DJ's - Dan 'The outlaw' Hardy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't know what you mean by better but if its bringing in revenue then probably not. But if you mean by excitement then I personally think they are already there. Too many times the UFC events have been more hype than product. Not to mention you're also out of 50 bucks. I like when a fight is hyped up but it makes for a bigger disappointment when it is hyped and sucks then if us fans just go by our own excitement level.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Strike Force has a good product. I enjoy their shows, but they have front loaded a lot of their fights. They just don't have the roster to put on great show after great show. For what they are, they produce a really good product but until they can expand their rosters some they just can't compete with the UFC. It is true that some of the recent UFC cards have not been the climax we hoped for but the UFC makes the fights the fans want to see. They can't help if the fights we want to see don't turn out to be barn burners.
    Most bad government has grown out of too much government. Thomas Jefferson

Thread Information