Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by smashup View Post
    Yeah I've just heard this as well, 95% a done deal.
    Brilliant matchup but I wonder what "advantages" Canelo has tied into the contract?
    Tiny ring, rehydration rules massively favouring Canelo.
    Saunders ain't got a fucking chance of knocking him out so needs to put on an absolute clinic to win this on points.

All these fuckers are willing to whore themselves out to make the big bucks. No leverage whatsoever against the Franchise Champion, so if Canelo wants the fight in Mexico City with CJ Ross and her two sisters as judges, a 165.75 pound catchweight with no rehydration limits, a 10 x 10 foot ring, and a 90/10 split...... then so be it. Must be great to be The Most Coddled Boxer in the History of Boxing.
    your green eyes are showing
    In case you hadn't noticed, everyone else is becoming pretty fed up with Canelo's act also. Might want to check the color of THEIR eyes.

Some fries to go with that Kool-Aid?
    everyone? another dumb incorrect comment. canelo is the face of boxing

I guess you can't read through those Canelo ginger-colored glasses.

(Hint: Read the other comments on this thread.)
    still not everyone is it?

Yeah, I'm sure his mother and brothers aren't fed up.

Flimsy straws you grasp onto these days, Kool-Aid drinker.
    nor me, so not everyone, but keep making dumb incorrect statements & i'll keep pointing them out

Children argue like that. I would hope you could muster something better.

(me....patiently) "Yes little Johnny..... everyone would mean all 8 billion people in the world.... so you're right.... not everyone is fed up with Canelo's act. You get a little smilie face on your widdle notebook."
    children make stuff up, just keep it real, it's not hard
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Canelo vs Saunders

Quote Originally Posted by smashup View Post
    Yeah I've just heard this as well, 95% a done deal.
    Brilliant matchup but I wonder what "advantages" Canelo has tied into the contract?
    Tiny ring, rehydration rules massively favouring Canelo.
    Saunders ain't got a fucking chance of knocking him out so needs to put on an absolute clinic to win this on points.

All these fuckers are willing to whore themselves out to make the big bucks. No leverage whatsoever against the Franchise Champion, so if Canelo wants the fight in Mexico City with CJ Ross and her two sisters as judges, a 165.75 pound catchweight with no rehydration limits, a 10 x 10 foot ring, and a 90/10 split...... then so be it. Must be great to be The Most Coddled Boxer in the History of Boxing.
    your green eyes are showing
    In case you hadn't noticed, everyone else is becoming pretty fed up with Canelo's act also. Might want to check the color of THEIR eyes.

Some fries to go with that Kool-Aid?
    everyone? another dumb incorrect comment. canelo is the face of boxing

I guess you can't read through those Canelo ginger-colored glasses.

(Hint: Read the other comments on this thread.)
    still not everyone is it?

Yeah, I'm sure his mother and brothers aren't fed up.

Flimsy straws you grasp onto these days, Kool-Aid drinker.
    nor me, so not everyone, but keep making dumb incorrect statements & i'll keep pointing them out

Children argue like that. I would hope you could muster something better.

(me....patiently) "Yes little Johnny..... everyone would mean all 8 billion people in the world.... so you're right.... not everyone is fed up with Canelo's act. You get a little smilie face on your widdle notebook."
    children make stuff up, just keep it real, it's not hard

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

okay
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Canelo fighting another guy GGG should have fought. Canelo getting slammed though, because we expect more from him. Fascinating what that says about so many things

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Canelo fighting another guy GGG should have fought. Canelo getting slammed though, because we expect more from him. Fascinating what that says about so many things
    I don’t mind the fight at all. I’m not sure what some people are complaining about. The only thing I will complain about is if there are any stipulations. It should be a straight fight.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hope this true..been waiting for this one!

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    I don’t mind the fight at all. I’m not sure what some people are complaining about. The only thing I will complain about is if there are any stipulations. It should be a straight fight.
    Congrats on being an optimist.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thanks 😄

Not that is hasn’t been the joke about Canelo always creating stipulations for fights, but I feel like if he does for this fight, it becomes undeniable that he is just a joke.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thanks 😄

Not that is hasn’t been the joke about Canelo always creating stipulations for fights, but I feel like if he does for this fight, it becomes undeniable that he is just a joke.

Boxing needs more optimists like you.

Me.... as far as I'm concerned I'm just a cynical bastard on anything Canelo-related.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Never thought I'd root for Saunders. First time for everything. It does feel like a patch work slapped together fight and could have done with better build State side for him. But hey it's Canelo and guess they figure his fans will tune in to watch him fight a cold so why bother. Call me crazy but style wise I'd be more interested in a Saunders v Plant .
    Indeed, I'm routing for Saunders for the first time also. He has the engine , smarts, speed, instinct , ability and chin to make this quite the puzzle to be solved.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Canelo to decide over Saunders or Smith fight on Tuesday, says Hearn

Eddie Hearn expects four-weight world champion Saul 'Canelo' Alvarez to make a decision on Tuesday over whether his next opponent will be Billy Joe Saunders or Callum Smith.

Promoter Hearn this month revealed that super-middleweights Smith, the WBA's super champion, and WBO title-holder Saunders are awaiting improved offers to fight the Mexican superstar after rejecting initial terms.

The British duo are both eager to do battle with Canelo and Hearn says they should not have long to wait before learning if they will step into the ring with the 29-year-old.

"I believe there's meetings taking place on Tuesday to ultimately determine who is going to get the fight," Hearn told Sky Sports News.

"Billy Joe is coming out and saying, 'hurry up, tell him he's got until Wednesday'. I said, 'Billy, it doesn't work like that'. Ultimately this is the golden ticket, this fight.

"Callum Smith is waiting patiently behind closed doors. They both want the fight. They both want a deal that's fair.

"You saw Oscar De La Hoya come out and say, 'these guys turning down these fights’.

"You can't offer a WBA and a 'Ring Magazine' champion half of what another world champion got to face him. We're negotiating.

"I'm very confident that one of those guys will get the Canelo fight and it will be done this week."

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/can...173939234.html
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mexican Saul 'Canelo' Alvarez and Kazakhstan's Gennady Golovkin have agreed terms for a third fight, tentatively scheduled for Sept. 12 at AT&T Stadium near Dallas, the Athletic reported on Tuesday.

Four-division champion Alvarez was scheduled to face off against England's Billy Joe Saunders in a super middleweight unification bout on May 2 in Las Vegas but that fight is expected to be postponed due to the coronavirus pandemic.

Alvarez (53-1-2, 36 KOs) is still expected to fight Saunders (29-0, 14 KOs) before meeting Golovkin for the third time, the website said, citing multiple sources.

After battling to a disputed draw in their first bout, four-division champion Alvarez defeated IBF and IBO middleweight champion Golovkin in their rematch on a points decision that many thought could have gone the other way.

It marked the first career loss for Golovkin (40-1, 35 KOs).

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/can...195743983.html

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Mexican Saul 'Canelo' Alvarez and Kazakhstan's Gennady Golovkin have agreed terms for a third fight, tentatively scheduled for Sept. 12 at AT&T Stadium near Dallas, the Athletic reported on Tuesday.

Four-division champion Alvarez was scheduled to face off against England's Billy Joe Saunders in a super middleweight unification bout on May 2 in Las Vegas but that fight is expected to be postponed due to the coronavirus pandemic.

Alvarez (53-1-2, 36 KOs) is still expected to fight Saunders (29-0, 14 KOs) before meeting Golovkin for the third time, the website said, citing multiple sources.

After battling to a disputed draw in their first bout, four-division champion Alvarez defeated IBF and IBO middleweight champion Golovkin in their rematch on a points decision that many thought could have gone the other way.

It marked the first career loss for Golovkin (40-1, 35 KOs).

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/can...195743983.html
    Guess they knew something all along with the massive delay in announcing the opponent. A III definitely feels pretty anti climactic and a long way off. No mention of weight? Both would do well to take tune ups after all of this, especially Canelo if he seriously intends to drop to 160 .

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't object to the third golovkin fight, the second fight was very close however you had it scored(I think I had draw) and looked like the tables turning, it'd be good for Alvarez to get a clear answer/win out of this, I think the first two were close enough to warrant the third.. And of course they were both pretty entertaining fights which is never a bad thing.. Of course golovkin is getting pretty old now but he's still fit and fought back well v the Ukrainian fellow(i had golovkin winning that). Best not to get upset by whatever belt is or isn't on the line, it makes watching boxing way easier.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by palmerq View Post
    I don't object to the third golovkin fight, the second fight was very close however you had it scored(I think I had draw) and looked like the tables turning, it'd be good for Alvarez to get a clear answer/win out of this, I think the first two were close enough to warrant the third.. And of course they were both pretty entertaining fights which is never a bad thing.. Of course golovkin is getting pretty old now but he's still fit and fought back well v the Ukrainian fellow(i had golovkin winning that). Best not to get upset by whatever belt is or isn't on the line, it makes watching boxing way easier.
    Hopefully it is at middleweight so Triple G has a chance. If I was him I would just go at Canelo and rain hell on the franchise champion.

Thread Information