Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Andy Lee won the fight he was robbed! Ha ha ha!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Andy Lee won the fight he was robbed! Ha ha ha!

Knockdown in 3rd wasn't a knockdown, Chocolate Kid stood on his fookin foot.

I think if a guy misses weight, he should have a point taken away for every pound he comes in over the weight limit.

Andy Lee is the true champ he won the fight he was robbed ha ha ha!
    David Lemieux = Future MW Champ and P4P King

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Andy Lee won the fight he was robbed! Ha ha ha!

Lee impressed me. He looked all over the place in the first round and then that bogus KD. He came back well and I think he wins the rematch. Quillin was worked out IMO.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanflicker View Post
    Knockdown in 3rd wasn't a knockdown, Chocolate Kid stood on his fookin foot.

I think if a guy misses weight, he should have a point taken away for every pound he comes in over the weight limit.

Andy Lee is the true champ he won the fight he was robbed ha ha ha!
    You need glasses if you REALLY think Lee won.

I think you're just trolling.

Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Neither would last 5 rounds with GGG.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I have not seen the fight and thought Quillin would win easy but reading the reports Quillin got knocked down in the 7th and Lee in 1st and 3rd. So it seemed a good fight.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yes, it was a very good fight, Master. Lee looked gone in the first and was almost falling over again after getting up. He has a very fragile way about him sometimes, but he can crack, and that makes him very fun to watch. I think Quillin started great, but just ran out of ideas.

Al, GGG would likely beat Lee, but I would love to see if Lee can dent him first. Probably not, but maybe a fight to consider after a rematch here. That will likely keep Quillin and Lee busy for the rest of the year anyway, so GGG can maybe stack up another 4 wins against unknowns with nice looking records.

I like Golovkin, but he should be going for big fights at his age. He seems too happy just staying busy.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

GGG unifying the division is no bad thing especially as he is closer to light middle than super middle.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

GGG murks everyone at middlweight

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Just seen the fight. How the fuck can 1 judge score the 1st round 10-9 lol and it was the same judge who scored the mayweather vs Canelo fight a draw, I thought they quit or got sacked after that score card ?

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think the judge scored the 3rd round 10-9, which they are allowed to do if they feel the guy who got knocked down fought his way back into the round.
    David Lemieux = Future MW Champ and P4P King

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    I have not seen the fight and thought Quillin would win easy but reading the reports Quillin got knocked down in the 7th and Lee in 1st and 3rd. So it seemed a good fight.
    It was a very good fight! Plenty of action and close rounds. I thought Lee was going to get steamrolled after the first round, but Andy (a genuine tough guy) fought himself back into the fight.
    After Quillin went down in the 7th you could see a change in Lee and a shift in momentum. I'm not saying Quillin stopped fighting, slowed down, or anything like that. It just looked like Lee really started having fun after Quillin went down.
    Good fight and a pleasure to watch. IMO

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by beenKOed View Post
    It was a very good fight! Plenty of action and close rounds. I thought Lee was going to get steamrolled after the first round, but Andy (a genuine tough guy) fought himself back into the fight.
    After Quillin went down in the 7th you could see a change in Lee and a shift in momentum. I'm not saying Quillin stopped fighting, slowed down, or anything like that. It just looked like Lee really started having fun after Quillin went down.
    Hopefully I will see it but I really thought Andy Lee was a one hit wonder and was lucky to win the title and would lose it very soon. He has proved me wrong and staying with Quillin means he is a world class fighter.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hopefully I will see it but I really thought Andy Lee was a one hit wonder and was lucky to win the title and would lose it very soon. He has proved me wrong and staying with Quillin means he is a world class fighter.
    not sure about that, IMO Lee reminds me of Gatti, and probably around that level honestly I don't think Quillin is all that good to begin with

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Think a lot of people were of the same mind about Lee, I know I was. It just goes to show how good Steward was at spotting future winners.
    One thing about both the co-mains that impressed and surprised me was the lack of foul language and trash talk. I know it was because they were on free tv in a great time slot, but I've noticed a change with Haymon cards and fighters. They seem to be reigning in the foul language and trash talk.
    Haymon wants everyone to be able to watch boxing without hearing all that foul language, which will mean more viewers and more money. The reason could be simpler. I read Haymon holds his mother's opinion in high regard and that she disapproves of boxing, so maybe she got him by the ear one day and told him if he's going to be involved in boxing he's going to have to clean it up some. Lol. Probably not, but it would make a great story! Never doubt a mother's influence.
    Last edited by beenKOed; 04-12-2015 at 07:22 PM.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The draw was about right. Take away the bogus knockdown though and I thought Lee won

It was a good fight for one with such a poor punch output.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Thread Information