Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Deontay Wilder vs. Eric Molina

Eric Molina is a disappointing opponent for Wilder's first title defense.

Tony Thompson, Artur Szpilka or Chris Arreola would have been better.

El Kabong Guest

Default Re: Deontay Wilder vs. Eric Molina

He doesn't want to mess up his pay day vs the Wlad-Fury winner.....I mean vs Wlad, because we ALL know Tyson Fury is a joke

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The guy Arreola starched a few years back in the 1st round? wtf... smh....
    David Lemieux = Future MW Champ and P4P King

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Beanflicker View Post
    Wilder DID just have his first full 12 rounder ever so doesn't he deserve an easy 1st defense?

God wouldn't it be horrible if Molina starches him

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

People rag on Floyd's competition but I don't remember him defending against a guy of Eric Molina calibre, at least not in the last 10 years.
    David Lemieux = Future MW Champ and P4P King

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanflicker View Post
    Wilder DID just have his first full 12 rounder ever so doesn't he deserve an easy 1st defense?

God wouldn't it be horrible if Molina starches him
    Lol yes that would suck big time.

I second that Fury is a joke as far as being elite.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't understand what they are doing with this guy. Where is the massive publicity tour..the talk show appearances? I get a hometown splash, but why run back to a seating capacity of 3k in some Expo Hall. Molina sadly enough can pass as one of his top 3 opponents. Guess they need to hurry to grease and cheat to get Molina ranked in wbc top 10..because right now he's not.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    I don't understand what they are doing with this guy. Where is the massive publicity tour..the talk show appearances? I get a hometown splash, but why run back to a seating capacity of 3k in some Expo Hall. Molina sadly enough can pass as one of his top 3 opponents. Guess they need to hurry to grease and cheat to get Molina ranked in wbc top 10..because right now he's not.
    He's won a title and vs a good fighter in Bermane Stiverne BUT he still seems very Michael Grant-ish. What happens if he's not able to land the big right cross? What happens when HE gets stung by a punch? What happens if another guy comes in a throws will bad intentions at him?

Wilder could be anything at this point in his career

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He's won a title and vs a good fighter in Bermane Stiverne BUT he still seems very Michael Grant-ish. What happens if he's not able to land the big right cross? What happens when HE gets stung by a punch? What happens if another guy comes in a throws will bad intentions at him?

All very valid questions, still. Was more impressed by him FINALLY going beyond 4 rounds last out, stamina, than anything he took or his power. Honestly though for all of Grants short comings and hype machine...he was more sturdy and just solid two handed puncher compared. To me at least. He answered just about every question prior to Lewis cave in for the most part. Had a ram rod jab, put punches together, had been cut up, fouled, wobbled and dropped a couple and roared back to win.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wilder is staying busy and active and if he does fight a couple more times this year great news.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

El Kabong Guest

All very valid questions, still. Was more impressed by him FINALLY going beyond 4 rounds last out, stamina, than anything he took or his power. Honestly though for all of Grants short comings and hype machine...he was more sturdy and just solid two handed puncher compared. To me at least. He answered just about every question prior to Lewis cave in for the most part. Had a ram rod jab, put punches together, had been cut up, fouled, wobbled and dropped a couple and roared back to win.
    Michael Grant simply got fed to the lion of the division in Lennox Lewis. He gave it a good go, the heart was willing but he just couldn't beat Lewis and yes Michael Grant DOES get more stick than he deserves but after that Lewis fight he was just done.

Wilder answered a few questions, but hell did anything other than Wilder's punches move Bermane's head? He had the high guard up, but 0 absolutely 0 head movement! Bermane loaded up on punches, he threw wide, he threw telegraphed shots....Wlad won't do that, other top fighters won't do that. Molina has some pop....not enough, surely not enough to get to Wilder, but if Deontay lets that belt go to his head then we'll see an upset sooner rather than later.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Terrible first defence, there are a few guys who would have probably been available for sure(like Thompson or Arreola) so I don't get it. I personally was impressed with Wilder against Stiverne. He showed some boxing ability, and that he was able to throw power shots not just past 4 but over 12, really surprised me. He did come a little bit unglued by the late rounds if memory serves, but Stiverne showed a hell of a chin to even get there. I don't think to many people in the division would take a lot of flush shots from Wilder, and certainly not Wlad. Now I think Wlad beats Wilder, but if they do it with a ref who doesn't allow much horseshit its a VERY dangerous fight for him imo.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What did we expect? I have seen much better, but also have seen much worse.

Wlad vs. Pianetta and Mormeck AND Leapai were 100000 x's worse.
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ykdadamaja View Post
    What did we expect? I have seen much better, but also have seen much worse.

Wlad vs. Pianetta and Mormeck AND Leapai were 100000 x's worse.
    Pianeta was undefeated #1 and it was very good of Wlad to give a title shot to a guy who had recovered from cancer and really gotten back and done very well in the division albeit against limited competition. Pianeta put in a good effort, but was outclassed, he got a big pay day and he was ranked fairly high as well.

Mormeck I think was a stylistic match for Wlad to prepare for Povetkin, Boytsov, and maybe Chisora as they all are similar in stature and style. Yeah this as an optional defense was sucky, I agree.

For THE last fucking time Leapai was a mandatory for beating Boytsov, it was going to be the undefeated Boytsov vs Wlad, but Leapai beat Boytsov....there was 0 Wlad had to do with that fight, he only took it so he could keep his WBO title. How do people forget that?

Thread Information