Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Larry Holmes: Klitschko has no jab, no heart & would be beaten by Wilder or Stiverne

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Larry Holmes: Klitschko has no jab, no heart & would be beaten by Wilder or Stiverne

Here he is:

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Larry Holmes: Klitschko has no jab, no heart & would be beaten by Wilder or Stive

Tell you what after years of hating Wlad and him boring me half to death over and over, his last fight was a breath of fresh air because he actually went on the offensive and looked devastating doing it.

That left Hook is a heavy heavy bomb to drop on an opponent.

Holmes is chatting utter shit.
    Last edited by smashup; 01-23-2015 at 01:53 PM.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Larry Holmes: Klitschko has no jab, no heart & would be beaten by Wilder or Stive

Larry is spot on. Spot on. His piston-like jab would decapitate the K bros. Bang on.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Larry is half right. Wilder sparks Wlad, but Bermane "GIVE ME WATER UGGGHH" Stiverne would never beat Wlad and that's cold fact.
    David Lemieux = Future MW Champ and P4P King

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by brocktonblockbust View Post
    Larry is spot on. Spot on. His piston-like jab would decapitate the K bros. Bang on.
    I already commenting on this thread on BoxingScene..

Basically, Holmes is butt hurt that Wlad destroyed his legacy and knows he wouldn't make a decent opponent anymore.

And so has joined the same club as Shavers, "the nostalgia delusion club" ey @Master

He rags Wlad to maintain his own legacy.

I always liked Holmes and respect his boxing.. But this was pathetic!

Wlad would easily beat all these guys, knock all of them out, Holmes, Stiverne, Wilder.. And everybody knows it!
    "Enough with the games mate! Your messing with the Grand Master!"

Lennox Lewis

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Holmes was a really good fighter, but he always had a chip on both shoulders. I can't recall him ever saying anything remotely positive about any other heavyweight who ever lived.

I am not a big Wlad fan, though I respect him a lot, but even I can see that he has an excellent jab that's right up there with Larry's (albeit it a different type of jab)
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Holmes would beat Wlad as he has better skill, heart, talent and jab.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

El Kabong Guest

What the fuck is this "Wlad has no heart" business? The dude was being told by everyone AND HIS OWN BROTHER to retire after the loss to Lamon Brewster and here we are 10 years later and he is THE MAN of the division, head and shoulders above everyone else! From 3 knockdowns against Sam Peter, like a phoenix Wlad's career rose from the ashes and he's dominated ever since. Think about that just for 1 second....At the lowest point in Wladimir's career, he fought the guy nobody else wanted to fight, he jumped at the opportunity to prove himself as a professional and look what he has achieved since then....you can't argue with his success.

"You just have to jump on them"....them....#1 Vitali is retired #2 Nobody "jumped on Vitali" #3 fighters have talked the same shit about Wlad for over 10 years and it's been over 10 years since anyone has followed through on ANY threat against Wlad.

I don't know if Larry is upset that Wlad is passing him on the longest reigning champion list or if he's just trying to cheer for Wilder or maybe he feels forgotten, but whatever it is he's talking a bunch of bullshit.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by X View Post
    Holmes was a really good fighter, but he always had a chip on both shoulders. I can't recall him ever saying anything remotely positive about any other heavyweight who ever lived.

I am not a big Wlad fan, though I respect him a lot, but even I can see that he has an excellent jab that's right up there with Larry's (albeit it a different type of jab)
    Great post. And because of it I'll level with you the early Holmes jab, was faster than Wlad's.

But Early Holmes weighed about 200lbs... He would be knocked out by the Wlad jab

Lennox Lewis

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Max Power View Post

Great post. And because of it I'll level with you the early Holmes jab, was faster than Wlad's.

But Early Holmes weighed about 200lbs... He would be knocked out by the Wlad jab
    There you go on about the weight again. Give it a rest.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    GTFOOH @Master,

Come on mate, I know your not warm to Wlad, but hey, I have deep respect for Holmes, but even if you don't swallow he wouldn't make a good Wlad opponent, he certainly couldn't beat Wlad. Everything Holmes did, Wlad does better. He is kind of a "Super-Holmes".

I have rarely seen as much heart in a fighter as Wlad, who else has ever come back from such setbacks to become the dominant champ? Nobody ever!

Lennox Lewis

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Max Power View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    GTFOOH @Master,

Come on mate, I know your not warm to Wlad, but hey, I have deep respect for Holmes, but even if you don't swallow he wouldn't make a good Wlad opponent, he certainly couldn't beat Wlad. Everything Holmes did, Wlad does better. He is kind of a "Super-Holmes".

I have rarely seen as much heart in a fighter as Wlad, who else has ever come back from such setbacks to become the dominant champ? Nobody ever!
    Wlad is not super Holmes. You are deluded mate.

Watch Wlad closely he is vulnerable which is why he holds so much. I guarantee you that Vitali, Lennox, Holmes, Tyson type aggression would see him crumble. There is no one out there with that calibre.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Holmes was and probably still is, an honest to God tough guy. As a lot of people used to say, a very serious dude.
    Here is the only time I heard him say something remotely positive about about another HW. When asked if he ever fought Foreman, Holmes said, 'No, thank God!'
    Foreman was setting across the table from him (a round table of HW fighters) so I'm not sure if Holmes was serious or just showing some respect. Lol
    How Spinks ever beat him, twice, I'll never know, just got old overnight I guess.
    Last edited by beenKOed; 01-23-2015 at 07:36 PM.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Its really unusual how Wlad completely polarises people's opinions about his capability as a fighter.

I wonder if it's because he actually fights like an amateur boxer, controlling distance and pace, probing with his jab, shutting down the action when it moves inside etc.

He has got away with a few technical flaws because he is the outstanding physical specimen of his generation, and has succeeded in melding that style (and he had pretty much mastered it as an amateur already) and bringing his physical advantages to bear.

He has never brought the sport into disrepute, is a great ambassador for the game, never ever turns up unfit, hasn't dodged anyone in over ten years - apart from his brother -he is articulate, intelligent and (dare I say it) White ..... He should be the biggest and most popular champion in history.

I think people like their world champions to have a scent of destruction about them, to get hit, to go down and get up, to 'prove' themselves in a few wars. Wlad has done it all on his own terms, no Don King, only really fights in Europe etc. His problem is the lack of drama in most of his fights, and this is the entertainment business after all. Mayweather has the same issue, but he bigs up the drama outside the ring instead!

Mark my words, 5 years after he retires, people on this board will have him right up there with the ATGs.
    Last edited by X; 01-23-2015 at 08:19 PM.
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wlad has earned the right to be an ATG because he has overcome adversity in his early defeats and knock downs, being undefeated in over 10 years, beating the best out there and having more defences than anyone except Louis but he has had no career defining fights during the 10 years.

The opposition have been a joke and he has struggled against some of them on the biggest platforms to showcase his quality. Yet he does not provide that entertaining wow factor (bar his last fight).

Thread Information