Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Punchstat Bonanza/BlowOuts!!

1st time I remember punch stat blowout!
    Roy Jones credited with 173 of 308 punches
    Vinny Pazienza credited with 45 of 110

I knew Kirkland put it on Angulo, but I didn't know the disparity was as wide.
    Angulo credited with 74 of 326
    Kirkland credited with 206 of 545
    Punchstat Blow-Out!

Adam Kownacki credited with 324 out of 691
    Chris Arreola credited with 283 out of 995
    Punchstat Bonanza!

Ike Ibeabuchi credited with 332 of 975 punches
    Tua credited with 282 of 755 punches
    Punchstat Bonanza!

My most recent punch stat landslide was
    Errol Spence credited with 237 out of 464
    Garcia credited with 54 out of 218

What are some other high-octane output-punch-fest or nonstop-one-sided punch-spectacles?
    All's lost! Everything's going to shit!

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Punchstat Bonanza/BlowOuts!!

Floyd-Gatti is the first to jump in my fuzzy head when it comes to the widest disparity of punches "landed"/punches taken? A quick look reveals - Floyd landed 168 from 295 (57%) whilst Gatti "landed" a mere 41 from 245 (17%).

Punchstats should never be used without context (punches "landed" is so subjective it shouldn't even be considered, only punches thrown can be accurately monitored). However, those stats tell everything about the onesided contest.

And whilst typing that tosh I thought of Calzaghe-Lacy.

Calzaghe - 351 of 948 punches (37%)
    Lacy - 116 of 444 (26%)

It's surprising the percentages are that close, however, precisely why punches thrown is the only accurate gauge.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The percentage landed in the Taylor v JCC was very close 38% but Taylor nearly threw 100 punches per round.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by SlimTrae View Post
    1st time I remember punch stat blowout!
    Roy Jones credited with 173 of 308 punches
    Vinny Pazienza credited with 45 of 110

I knew Kirkland put it on Angulo, but I didn't know the disparity was as wide.
    Angulo credited with 74 of 326
    Kirkland credited with 206 of 545
    Punchstat Blow-Out!

Adam Kownacki credited with 324 out of 691
    Chris Arreola credited with 283 out of 995
    Punchstat Bonanza!

Ike Ibeabuchi credited with 332 of 975 punches
    Tua credited with 282 of 755 punches
    Punchstat Bonanza!

My most recent punch stat landslide was
    Errol Spence credited with 237 out of 464
    Garcia credited with 54 out of 218

What are some other high-octane output-punch-fest or nonstop-one-sided punch-spectacles?

Another good thread, Slim.

Nice respite from the tired old "Modern Guy vs Old Time Guy" tail chasing we can sometimes get bogged down on.

Yeah.... that first example was one of the biggies for me. And a welcome one at that.

I couldn't stand "Yo Vinnie's" braggadocio without having the goods to back it up. RJJ certainly put an embarrassing stop to that. I remember a multi-punch combination from Roy while Yo Vinnie was on his way down on his ass.

Classic stuff.

I'm only surprised the punch stats aren't any wider than that.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I've never honestly put much stock into punchstats and that translating into doing 'better' or worse. Quality v Quantity and all but a couple I remember that fall into the bonanza category might be Verno Phillips v Cardona I or Zack Padilla v Ray Sucra Oliveira who combined for over an insane 3k punches thrown. Oliveira and Vince Phillips also combined for roughly 2,975+- over 12 rounds.

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Floyd-Gatti is the first to jump in my fuzzy head when it comes to the widest disparity of punches "landed"/punches taken? A quick look reveals - Floyd landed 168 from 295 (57%) whilst Gatti "landed" a mere 41 from 245 (17%).

Punchstats should never be used without context (punches "landed" is so subjective it shouldn't even be considered, only punches thrown can be accurately monitored). However, those stats tell everything about the onesided contest.

Lacy - 116 of 444 (26%)

It's surprising the percentages are that close, however, precisely why punches thrown is the only accurate gauge.

Punchstats should never be used without context (punches "landed" is so subjective

We see it the same. Took about 15 minutes after posting this for me to change (punches landed) to credited!

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by SlimTrae View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post

Lacy - 116 of 444 (26%)

Punchstats should never be used without context (punches "landed" is so subjective

We see it the same. Took about 15 minutes after posting this for me to change (punches landed) to credited!
    Most fans don't even realise it's a human pressing a button let alone how misleading the term "power punch" is. However, they're a useful tool like all stats and do provide valuable info.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Slim, Tua/Ike I believe is the HW recprd for punches thrpwn. I MUCH prefer punches THROWN than landed for the optics. Remeber OPTICS have a shit-ton to do with the judges' scoring, Optics influence crowd bedlam, which in turn HAS to effect the judges and the fighters as well. I remember Round 1 of SPinks/Ali 1, Ali was rope a doping but Leon was wailing away with all his might, mostly hitting arms and elbows and gloves, but he was digging and digging and Ali on the ropes for atleast 2 minutes of the first rpound. It was fucking exciting to watch that young ex-Marine wailing away, landing maybe 1 out of 5 shots, but you could hear the impacts and the grunts and Ali was really covering up. Stinging shots, like Foreman said many times, even the ones that hit your gloves can hurt your face and head

I like punches thrown, it also shows how much enthusiasm and will to win a fighter has, and what condition theyt are in. I'd rather see a guy or a gal throw 80 per round and only land 16 (20% connect) than a no-output mofo throw 20 and land 10 (50% connect )

ONe of my memories when considering Punch Stat Bonanzas is this one: The Hawk threw 1429 punches (a whopping 106.9 punches per round- nearly 2x wgt. class avg. and landed 13.6 jabs per round (nearly 3x wgt. class avg.). Pryor landed 92 punches in the first two rounds-

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by NoSavingByTheBell View Post

ONe of my memories when considering Punch Stat Bonanzas is this one: The Hawk threw 1429 punches (a whopping 106.9 punches per round- nearly 2x wgt. class avg. and landed 13.6 jabs per round (nearly 3x wgt. class avg.). Pryor landed 92 punches in the first two rounds-

Perpetual Motion Pryor= Living up to one's nickname! What time is it?! HawkTime!

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yep. And rematch was same..... KO

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Marquez vs Diaz #1.
    It's safe to say those who counted 288 for JMM & 252 for BabyBull were on it as any human could count such quick disbursement of arsenal.
    781 vs 732 punches thrown for a 9 round affair.

Especially considering this was a phonebooth fight so depending on where that 1st or last judge is seated determines if he has to look up over the rope on the other side or the monitor to count rapid fire....in close quarters.

What makes this victory so sweet is that Baby called out Pac. No Answer, so Pac's nemesis answers and he couldn't have pulled it off without throwing more to win then that of any Pac fight. Lots of punches, but strategically thrown.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    I've never honestly put much stock into punchstats and that translating into doing 'better' or worse. Quality v Quantity and all but a couple I remember that fall into the bonanza category might be Verno Phillips v Cardona I or Zack Padilla v Ray Sucra Oliveira who combined for over an insane 3k punches thrown. Oliveira and Vince Phillips also combined for roughly 2,975+- over 12 rounds.
    You beat me to it- immediately thought of Padilla vs Oliveira when I saw the thread. Great call.

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by mikeeod View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    You beat me to it- immediately thought of Padilla vs Oliveira when I saw the thread. Great call.
    Heard way too much to not finally give that fight a look, will do!!

Thread Information