Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Unhappy need help

i am so sorry to bother any one i am doing my family tree ( i can just hear you all cry i'm on wrong site )
    i am hunting for anyone that can help. i am looking for an irish boxer name james martin?? he was a boxer in ireland around early 1900's he went into the first world war were he was shot in the hand that ruined his boxing career,but he then started to train boxers instead, i have searched the internet and cant find anything any information would be helpful.
    thank you all

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: need help

Hey Rose,

The boxing historian that owns this site, prewarboxing what the site is for should be able to help. It's not a free service, but if you're genuinely interested in finding about your relative's boxing career that's where you should look first.

The one place that I would go to if I had any research questions would be The Cyber Boxing Zone Message Board - Powered by vBulletin It is teeming with many wonderful boxing historians and knowledgeable aficionados of the sport that should be able to help point you in the right direction. I know that if I had any boxing related questions, that'd be among the first places I would turn to.

Other than that, if you hit a dead end in your research you might want to consider joining the International Boxing Research Organization (IBRO). There's a yearly membership fee, but the people there really know their stuff. It's definitely more helpful than sticking a thumb out in most of the boxing forums out there.

BTW, have you tried Ancestory.com, I never used their service, but it might help.

Good luck.
    Last edited by Chris Nagel; 05-24-2009 at 01:08 PM. Reason: The smilie you used turned into a "bandwidth thief" banner, careful where you link images from mate sometimes they're vulgar!
    If you hear a voice within you saying that I am not a painter, then by all means paint and that voice will be silenced.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Red face Re: need help

i would like to thank you very much for the advice you have given,and i will look into them, i use ancestry.com already, but have came up blank there.
    so thanks once again you take care and have a good day

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: need help

You're welcome. It was my pleasure.
    If you hear a voice within you saying that I am not a painter, then by all means paint and that voice will be silenced.

Thread Information