Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Now you are older, do you regret anything?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Now you are older, do you regret anything?

I have spent so much of my adult life overseas in a strange country where I don't speak the lingo terribly well and I must admit that at times I have seriously questioned myself over it all. All this time away from long time friends, family or any sense of normality.

Sometimes people I have known have looked upon this kind of life as being in some way exciting or different and it really isn't. I just earn my money so that I can survive a few rainy days and spend a little more time in splendid isolation and I do spend a lot of it awkwardly alone. In some ways it is like being Robinson Crusoe with a job. You live on your island and can spend some time articulating divine grammatical forms, but outside of that you are back on your island.

Do I have any real regrets? No, I don't. I am who I am and this place has partly shaped me in terms of arguing things. A distinction is an exercise is manipulation whilst an argument on here is a real shape of character.

I have no regrets and being older and able to post in the style that I have is kinda fun. Do I regret anything in my personal life? No, I'm still here and have posted all the terrible stuff.

Do you have any regrets?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Now you are older, do you regret anything?

Genuinely, I wish that I had slept with more women before I was 18. Only starting going crazy from 16 onwards and I look back at many missed opportunities.

But mostly I try not to have any regrets, not healthy, make a decision and believe in it. What ever you choose or do carves who you are, so not doing it, even if it was a bad experience led you to where you are now.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Laura Guy**

Louisa Cromwell**

Jennifer Samuel**

Julier Ayers**

Rebecca Betts**

Five women I always remember who I could, and should, have nailed. Yes there were others but these five were well fit in their own ways and are big regrets. I didn't due to laziness on my part \ fact I had a girlfriend at the time. Betts and Samuel were trap two certs - Ayers a maybe who I'm sure could have been tempted after I teased her with the 'Nudging Thumb' prime up technique when behind her.

Another regret is taking a serious girlfriend in the final year of uni. A complete waste of time that restricted me from doing what I should have been doing as a 21 year old.

*** the names have been slightly changed to protect the innocent - or if their husbands are posters on here
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wish I'd been more realistic about what I wanted to be before I got to college... Partly regret and partly resentment.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by 0james0 View Post
    Genuinely, I wish that I had slept with more women before I was 18. Only starting going crazy from 16 onwards and I look back at many missed opportunities.

But mostly I try not to have any regrets, not healthy, make a decision and believe in it. What ever you choose or do carves who you are, so not doing it, even if it was a bad experience led you to where you are now.
    was still typing mine before I read yours - this will be a common theme !

El Kabong Guest

I regret a few things, but what the fuck can you do about it now?

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Perhaps I will go against the grain somewhat. Actually, no I won't.

I have no desire to sleep with more women, I find that all a bit pointless.

It is about people rather than where you can place a penis. I do have regrets in terms of not knowing where certain people are anymore, but it is nothing to do with wanting to 'do them'.

Perhaps others approach regrets differently. I guess that is fair enough.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by miles View Post

I have no desire to sleep with more women, I find that all a bit pointless.

It is about people rather than where you can place a penis.
    You and i are very different people Miles....

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Do I have any real regrets? None of you would know me as you do now But do I have any real regrets?

Well, you all see your family everyday. You have the opportunity to protest. You can speak the same language to idiots.

Those are important qualities.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by miles View Post
    I have spent so much of my adult life overseas in a strange country where I don't speak the lingo terribly well and I must admit that at times I have seriously questioned myself over it all. All this time away from long time friends, family or any sense of normality.

Sometimes people I have known have looked upon this kind of life as being in some way exciting or different and it really isn't. I just earn my money so that I can survive a few rainy days and spend a little more time in splendid isolation and I do spend a lot of it awkwardly alone. In some ways it is like being Robinson Crusoe with a job. You live on your island and can spend some time articulating divine grammatical forms, but outside of that you are back on your island.

Do I have any real regrets? No, I don't. I am who I am and this place has partly shaped me in terms of arguing things. A distinction is an exercise is manipulation whilst an argument on here is a real shape of character.

I have no regrets and being older and able to post in the style that I have is kinda fun. Do I regret anything in my personal life? No, I'm still here and have posted all the terrible stuff.

Do you have any regrets?
    No wonder you are always so angry. You should move to a place like liberal Canada, it fits you ideologically and it's a western country where the inhabitants speak English and is descended from the British empire, so no culture shock. Or go back to England.

You will be in total regret of moving to S. Korea when N. Korea starts a war and invades.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I regret never going to Uni, although I seriously doubt I'd have seen it through. That's not really a genuine regret though.

For many years I obsessed over 'the one that got away'. Not the book, my ex fiancée. Entirely my own doing and I deeply regretted it for a long time.

I didn't know at the time though who I'd be with now or the life I've made. So for the first time in ages I can honestly say I have no regrets.

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

My Dad died when I was 9, I was neglected by my mother as a child which forced me into getting married and divorced at a very VERY young age leading me to become a drunk who nearly ended up in the gutter.

But looking back I see every stage of my life as a valid lesson that has shaped me into the person I am today... I have no regrets what so ever... I'm happy with the way my life panned out, the things I have done, the women I have slept with, the women I am now with and my role as a dad.

wouldn't change one thing

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Dont know about regret thats sort of living in the past to feel it.
    I would do alot different in hindsight I think everyone would,specially in dealing with some people and events.
    Hidden Content " border="0" />

I can explain it.
    But I cant understand it for you.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I have no regrets, what's the point?
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mark TKO View Post
    Laura Guy**

Louisa Cromwell**

Jennifer Samuel**

Julier Ayers**

Rebecca Betts**

Five women I always remember who I could, and should, have nailed. Yes there were others but these five were well fit in their own ways and are big regrets. I didn't due to laziness on my part \ fact I had a girlfriend at the time. Betts and Samuel were trap two certs - Ayers a maybe who I'm sure could have been tempted after I teased her with the 'Nudging Thumb' prime up technique when behind her.

Another regret is taking a serious girlfriend in the final year of uni. A complete waste of time that restricted me from doing what I should have been doing as a 21 year old.

*** the names have been slightly changed to protect the innocent - or if their husbands are posters on here

This made me smile.

The was 5 girls in my year at school, that were very hot, in my eye's the hottest in the year. I managed to get off with all but one of them. Thats my only regret
    Hidden Content SADDO'S FIGHT NIGHT RD4 CHAMPION, TAKING ON ALL COMERS ! Hidden Content

Thread Information