Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Daniel Ponce De leon-Rey Bautista

Daniel Ponce De Leon- Rey Bautista fighting in the Philippines on 25th of Feb. I think this is a bad move for Rey. Daniel is imo in his prime and Rey still has lots to learn. He is good dont get me wrong but at this stage of time Daniel is better. Daniel fought well in his last fight and i think Rey should wait a bit longer untill he goes looking for a title. Daniel De Leon is dangerous all i have to say is good luck to him. I'm not 100% sure this match up will happen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Boxrec has.........

Quote Originally Posted by Tam Seddon
    Daniel Ponce De Leon- Rey Bautista fighting in the Philippines on 25th of Feb. I think this is a bad move for Rey. Daniel is imo in his prime and Rey still has lots to learn. He is good dont get me wrong but at this stage of time Daniel is better. Daniel fought well in his last fight and i think Rey should wait a bit longer untill he goes looking for a title. Daniel De Leon is dangerous all i have to say is good luck to him. I'm not 100% sure this match up will happen.
    CC for the info. What?!?!?! Damn, this is gonna be a bombfest. Ponce De Leon doesn't have good defense at all but DAMN, that guy can punch through a brick wall. Rey is making a mistake IMO.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Boxrec has.........

Quote Originally Posted by albsur2006
    CC for the info. What?!?!?! Damn, this is gonna be a bombfest. Ponce De Leon doesn't have good defense at all but DAMN, that guy can punch through a brick wall. Rey is making a mistake IMO.
    cc back man but i do agree he is doing the wrong thing here. He is to young. but imagine if he does become a champ at 20 that would be awesome. isnt 122 a bit out of his depth? hes only a small lad :P

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Daniel De leon-Rey Bautista

Not very appealing this one then im really looking forward!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

CC Tam,you are the man,I want to see this fight sooooooo bad!! I was JUST about to make a thread about it myself! It should be a cracker and if Boom Boom had more experience,I'd pick him to win but I fancy Ponce at this stage.. I have never seen someone so raw,so agressive and animal like! He is crude but as strong as a bull. Bautista has looked awesome so far and looks like he can do a bit of everything but he's never faced someone as relentless as Ponce! I think Ponce KTFO Bautista!

I want to see Ponce rematch that foot dude,Caballaro,anyone see their first fight,Ponce's only loss? I heard Ponce lost nearly every round,his fave was swollen REAL bad but the stubborn bastard STILL won the 12th round.

(Tam I think if you write Ponce in the thread title rather than Daniel De Leon,more people will respond,just an idea)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Daniel Ponce De leon-Rey Bautista

WRONGGGG choice for Rey. Im backing Ponce to knock his block off! DPDL KO 4.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Though I haven't seen de Leon fight, something tells me you guys might be right. But I've learned not to make serious judgement based on records so I'm not making any judgement for this fight now. I saw his fight yesterday, and basing on the record of his opponent, Adrade, a veteran with more than 50 fights and awesome 80% knockout rate, and the fact Bautista came from a long lay off due to an illness and an injury, I thought he'd have a very diffucult time. But to everyone's surprise, Bautista easily beat Andrade, an awkward moving and 'showboating' type fighter. I was very surprised at Bautista's performance yesterday, showing maturity that I've never seen in him before. He attacked Andrade in a consistent, well-paced manner - not in his usual, thoughtless, all out attack - not showing any respect for the veteran fighter with awesome record, never being rattled at any point in the fight but always keeping his poise. But I was most surprised at the accuracy of his shot - Rey was able to hit Andrade consistently even though he seemed like one of those slick fighters, who always move, keep their distance and liked to lunge from a distance, sort of like mini Mayweather. But still, maybe it's still early for him to take on de Leon, or perhaps Bautista will prove us wrong again.
    Once in awhile, get outside in fresh air, take a deep breath & with a deep sigh, let out all the things that's bottled up inside you & be free, & you'll get a glimpse of nirvana.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Gamo
    CC Tam,you are the man,I want to see this fight sooooooo bad!! I was JUST about to make a thread about it myself! It should be a cracker and if Boom Boom had more experience,I'd pick him to win but I fancy Ponce at this stage.. I have never seen someone so raw,so agressive and animal like! He is crude but as strong as a bull. Bautista has looked awesome so far and looks like he can do a bit of everything but he's never faced someone as relentless as Ponce! I think Ponce KTFO Bautista!

I want to see Ponce rematch that foot dude,Caballaro,anyone see their first fight,Ponce's only loss? I heard Ponce lost nearly every round,his fave was swollen REAL bad but the stubborn B****** STILL won the 12th round.

(Tam I think if you write Ponce in the thread title rather than Daniel De Leon,more people will respond,just an idea)
    cc back bro! yer i really do feel an unexprienced Rey will not do to well in this match up because he is so young. he needs those extra years behind him. he will live to regret this imo. Daniel is in his prime at the momment and taking rey out will raise his stocks even more. This could lead to a shot at vasquez in the long run!

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by pacfan
    Though I haven't seen de Leon fight, something tells me you guys might be right. But I've learned not to make serious judgement based on records so I'm not making any judgement for this fight now. I saw his fight yesterday, and basing on the record of his opponent, Adrade, a veteran with more than 50 fights and awesome 80% knockout rate, and the fact Bautista came from a long lay off due to an illness and an injury, I thought he'd have a very diffucult time. But to everyone's surprise, Bautista easily beat Andrade, an awkward moving and 'showboating' type fighter. I was very surprised at Bautista's performance yesterday, showing maturity that I've never seen in him before. He attacked Andrade in a consistent, well-paced manner - not in his usual, thoughtless, all out attack - not showing any respect for the veteran fighter with awesome record, never being rattled at any point in the fight but always keeping his poise. But I was most surprised at the accuracy of his shot - Rey was able to hit Andrade consistently even though he seemed like one of those slick fighters, who always move, keep their distance and liked to lunge from a distance, sort of like mini Mayweather. But still, maybe it's still early for him to take on de Leon, or perhaps Bautista will prove us wrong again.
    i can see where your coming from but maybe if you said the same thing in 2-3 years when Rey has more W's ,experience etc but he is only 20 years old! he needs to mature. daniel is in his prime for fighting atm this doesnt look good for Rey. im sure Daniel will hit a lot harder than Espinoza and Rey had to fight hard in that one. Also in the Bonilla fight he really had to dig down deep to stop the guy.dont get me wrong imo Bonilla was good and ready to take Rey out. Daniel will be even harder than that and he showed that against Looknongyangtoy and prouduced a lethal ko. the Al seeger fight also was just daniel showing us he is world class.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

PONCE V VAZQUEZ?!?!?1?!?1??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?1WOW!!

Back to this fight,yeah I wonder whether Bautista could may be outbox Ponce? He certainly seems like he has the capabilities to fo everything but the thing when fighting Ponce is that you have to be ready for war! Not only is he strong and tough,but he's very dirsty too! Did you see when he held Seeger by the throat with one hand and was chopping down on him with the other? The rabbit punches? He's a rough bastard!!

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

A lot will depend on the referee and whether De Leon is allowed to get away with his usual UFC style tactics. He's not a terribly skilled fighter, in fact he has virtually no skill, but he is strong, can punch, and can wrestle with the best of them

Don't really know much about Bautista other than the fight this weekend but if hopes to win he will have to hope whoever is refereeing will not allow De Leon to get away with murder as he often does.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by pacfan
    i can see where your coming from but maybe if you said the same thing in 2-3 years when Rey has more W's ,experience etc but he is only 20 years old! he needs to mature. daniel is in his prime for fighting atm this doesnt look good for Rey. im sure Daniel will hit a lot harder than Espinoza and Rey had to fight hard in that one. Also in the Bonilla fight he really had to dig down deep to stop the guy.dont get me wrong imo Bonilla was good and ready to take Rey out. Daniel will be even harder than that and he showed that against Looknongyangtoy and prouduced a lethal ko. the Al seeger fight also was just daniel showing us he is world class.
    Don't get me wrong, I generally agreed with most of you here, and really feel maybe it's not yet the time. But as his countryman, if the fight pushes through anyway, then all I can do is hope that he'll fight well and win against the oddest of odds.
    Once in awhile, get outside in fresh air, take a deep breath & with a deep sigh, let out all the things that's bottled up inside you & be free, & you'll get a glimpse of nirvana.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Gamo
    PONCE V VAZQUEZ?!?!?1?!?1??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?1WOW!!

Back to this fight,yeah I wonder whether Bautista could may be outbox Ponce? He certainly seems like he has the capabilities to fo everything but the thing when fighting Ponce is that you have to be ready for war! Not only is he strong and tough,but he's very dirsty too! Did you see when he held Seeger by the throat with one hand and was chopping down on him with the other? The rabbit punches? He's a rough B******!!
    Quote Originally Posted by bilbo
    A lot will depend on the referee and whether De Leon is allowed to get away with his usual UFC style tactics. He's not a terribly skilled fighter, in fact he has virtually no skill, but he is strong, can punch, and can wrestle with the best of them

Don't really know much about Bautista other than the fight this weekend but if hopes to win he will have to hope whoever is refereeing will not allow De Leon to get away with murder as he often does.
    You guys make the fighting more interesting. But I just wanna know if he faced a hard puncher like Bautista - he's a knockout artist himself. I remember when bazooka Pacman was young, he went straight in to a hard puncher Hussein, as usual, and got himself knocked down, this sort of things can sometimes happen, ya know.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

pAfan bro,Ponce has heart,I don't see him getting knocked out.

Quote Originally Posted by bilbo

This is very very true...Although Ponce is working on his skills and was jabbing well against Seeger and threw quite a few straighter punches as opposed to his wiiiiiiiiide looping ones..You need to see more Bautista,this kid is skilled!

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ok, I'm just getting to know more about the fighter. One big problem about Bautista is that his heart hasn't been tested yet so we still don't know how tough he is, although he did once manage to come up from a knockdown and went on to win that fight.
    El Gamo, I'm seeing you everywhere here, you must be pretty busy out here, huh.

Thread Information