Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Do you consider TRT as being "on PEDs"?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Do you consider TRT as being "on PEDs"?

This subject has been a pretty hot topic in the MMA world but I never really saw it mentioned much by boxing fans, even though TRT is just as prevalent and beneficial in boxing as it is in MMA or any other sport.

For those who don't know, TRT is legal, medically-perscribed testosterone injections. As we age, our testosterone levels go down, which obviously leads to our bodies deteriorating. We aren't as strong, fast, durable, ect. With TRT, all one had to do was go to a doctor, complain that they were feeling more tired and lethargic than usual, have a test done, and if they had low testosterone (which can be caused by ageing but also blows to the head and heavy prolonged cardio can have this effect), they got a perscription for testosterone replacement and just had to declare it to the athletic commission and they were good to go.

So you had guys boosting their testosterone levels to the same levels they had when they were in their early 20s, or in a lot of cases boosting to an even higher level than that (the legal cutoff was like 6:1 T/E ratio I believe so anything under that was fine). So as a result you had guys fighting at a high level into their 40s, something that was pretty much unheard of in boxing.

So even though this was technically "medicinal", you had a lot of guys abusing it just so they could boost their T levels and improve the body performance and recuperation times.

So are guys who did this technically "on PEDs"? Should guys be looked down upon for using this to get an advantage over the competition?

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Do you consider TRT as being "on PEDs"?

This was also used by a lot of steroid abusers who wrecked their body's natural ability to produce testosterone from years of steroid abuse.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Of course it is, $#!t-brains !

Just what the hell do you think testosterone is?!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Couture would never have done what he was able to do without his "testosterone replacement therapy."

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanflicker View Post
    This was also used by a lot of steroid abusers who wrecked their body's natural ability to produce testosterone from years of steroid abuse.
    So what? F*<k 'em, if their body can't do the job without it, then they're out of there!

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What's funny is some of them are open about it and say "well I used steroids before they were banned, I've stopped now" and think they deserve a pass. Belfourt for instance. I guess I'm a bit slow this morning because it clearly seems like cheating to me.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by bradlee180 View Post
    Of course it is, $#!t-brains !

Just what the hell do you think testosterone is?!
    Listen, you can follow me around like the lost puppy dog you are, but you're not going to bait me into a flame war.

I don't waste my time on inferior opponents. If I'm going to argue with someone, it's going to be someone worthwhile.

Cheers.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    What's funny is some of them are open about it and say "well I used steroids before they were banned, I've stopped now" and think they deserve a pass. Belfourt for instance. I guess I'm a bit slow this morning because it clearly seems like cheating to me.
    Yeah I agree.

I just bring it up because with all the steroid and PED talk, it seems to be lost on people that these guys can be using a completely legal TRT in complete secrecy, and guys still think all these guys are clean.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Couture would never have done what he was able to do without his "testosterone replacement therapy."
    Exactly!

Hopkins also I believe.

Marquez, Martinez, Wlad, Pacquaio, etc, etc.

Those arent raveged old bodies after years of boxing and winning on skill like Duran as he moved up in Weight and got by on skill alone.

These are bodies that could compete in body building contests.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yes, absolutely!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Listen, you can follow me around like the lost puppy dog you are, but you're not going to bait me into a flame war.

I don't waste my time on inferior opponents. If I'm going to argue with someone, it's going to be someone worthwhile.

Cheers.
    You don't think I'm worthwhile?! Dude, that hurts...

You'll get no christmas card from me...

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Absolutely.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I honestly who really gives a shit i mean most boxer are on peds right now and mma. I think they should just legalize it because testing not going to get any better so fuck it really. Want boxing to be fair just make it know the other guys on peds and you should learn to not fail a test i guess.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

A tv news showed a special about athletes and PED. Mainly baseball players who had admitted using and of course the king of roofs Lance Armstrong. Roids were rampant in Baseball and a player stated when he was standing at the plate knowing the pictures were juiced, the catcher behind him was juiced and many of the position players were juiced he didn't even feel like he was cheating anymore, he was just leveling the field. Lance stated the same thing about France, he said roids were rampant and expected amongst competitors.

If I was going into the ring and about to fight a good fighter who uses there is no way I would do it without that same advantage. I think boxing is a particularly dangerous place for roofs. I would love to see it a PED free ring but shit if it is common I don't blame them for wanting to even things up.

Those reports were not my own thinking. I think guys who make it to that level don't need it and especially in boxing where your goal is to punch a guy in the head as hard as possible to KTFO PED should not be used. I know Floyd's injections are legal but I think they are bullshit. Your the best, fight hurt you little prissy.

All the arguments the Baseball players and Lance spoke of could have been complete BS but there is probably some truth to it

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Cheers.
    You don't think I'm worthwhile?! Dude, that hurts...

You'll get no christmas card from me...
    Lol fucking cunt.

TRT is cheating but everyone's doing it becomes the argument and rationale.

Thread Information