Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  7
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Posh Extinction Rebellion-vs- working class Londoners trying to earn a living.

Share/Bookmark
    El Kabong Guest

Default Re: Posh Extinction Rebellion-vs- working class Londoners trying to earn a living.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Man that looks annoying as shit. Have you had to put up with any of it personally Fenster?
    I'm not personally affected (in another life). I have no problem with the message, just can't stand the posh/middle-class hypocrites playing hero and saviour whilst having a big fucking rich-hippy-cultish party.

They're fake PC do-gooders who pick safe targets. There's more people of colour at a Tommy Robinson shindig.
    I can get behind wanting to clean the world up a bit and preserve and conserve nature, wildlife etc, but I don't get the more extreme elements of these groups banning fossil fuels, banning air travel, banning meat consumption it all gets a bit ridiculous.

And yes they DO pick the safest of targets....never India or China in regards to their polluting. Always in public where people still for some reason treat these obnoxious assholes with dignity and respect and don't just offer up violence to them straight away...not suggesting they should, but the protesters are really pushing their limits with this kind of thing. I mean blocking entire streets is not a great thing to do....what if someone is in a medical emergency? What if there's a terrorist attack and the roads are blocked and police cannot get to the scene immediately?

It's SO privileged to do these kinds of things and they never call out their millionaire funders either.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Posh Extinction Rebellion-vs- working class Londoners trying to earn a living.

I can get behind wanting to clean the world up a bit and preserve and conserve nature, wildlife etc, but I don't get the more extreme elements of these groups banning fossil fuels, banning air travel, banning meat consumption it all gets a bit ridiculous.
    That's the crux of the argument no? Whats the point in you and I being decent and responsible whilst commercial juggernauts bellow smoke into the air and flatten the rain forests?
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis View Post
    That's the crux of the argument no? Whats the point in you and I being decent and responsible whilst commercial juggernauts bellow smoke into the air and flatten the rain forests?
    I'm not certain what the crux of THEIR argument is. My argument certainly is equal parts "Well if you want a cleaner world talk to China first I'm well down your list" and "practice what you preach". Their list of things they want to accomplish is foolish and make me question their sanity.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Civil peaceful protest is a good thing.

They can not do much about China/India but can put banners up on Big Ben to remind people we are all part of the "churn" or "system" polluting the environment.

The vast majority have been peaceful protests so let them continue.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post

They can not do much about China/India but can put banners up on Big Ben to remind people we are all part of the "churn" or "system" polluting the environment.

Nobody is saying they shouldn't be allowed to protest, I AM saying I don't think how they are choosing to protest is going to win over many converts to their side.

So Greta Thunberg can ride across the Atlantic to go in front of the UN and lecture the West on their pollution and whatnot....but can't say peep about China. OK then...kind of paints a certain picture of just how virtuous she is doesn't it? As for the average protesters, I don't think annoying the crap out of your fellow countrymen is going to get many people thinking "Yeah this is good, I quite like this, let's all do this then"....and if you ask me "Well what should they do to get the message out?!?!?"
    1. Practice what they preach
    2. Organize clean ups for various polluted areas
    3. Don't shit where you eat and attempt to browbeat your friends and neighbors into joining your cause...if they find your cause worthy they'll join on their own.

Hey if you're ok with them in your town that's fine, but I'm certain there are folks this is more than a little aggravating to...like if one of those folks was trying to get to work on time and ended up getting fired for being late or if someone needed to rush to the hospital or something of that sort.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

G r e e t a Thornburg was quite mute about China or India wasn't she?

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Fatboxingfan View Post
    She does have that affliction

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

At least she isn't a pathetic nobody like you.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That sounded personal to me.

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Yes of course it was personal. You don't really think El Kabong never stoops that low? Aspergers is not an affliction. I would not be me without it. I would have failed massively in life WITHOUT it.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    At it again? Greta is a 16 year old marketed girl with severe mental issues. I am quite sure Lyle has actually completed school, self read too, held down a job, and become a loving father. Greta is used like a dead baby on a beach who I also assume you think has achieved more than Lyle by getting into the national propaganda.

Give it a rest you tiresome man. Greta is not a scientist. She doesn't even have an A level equivalent in Chemistry. She won't even go to school. A poor example to others in many ways and a bad attitude like your own.

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    At it again? Greta is a 16 year old marketed girl with severe mental issues. I am quite sure Lyle has actually completed school, self read too, held down a job, and become a loving father. Greta is used like a dead baby on a beach who I also assume you think has achieved more than Lyle by getting into the national propaganda.

Give it a rest you tiresome man. Greta is not a scientist. She doesn't even have an A level equivalent in Chemistry. She won't even go to school. A poor example to others in many ways and a bad attitude like your own.
    So says another pathetic nobody
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post

@Beanz look at master and his rage out of control.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Yes of course it was personal. You don't really think El Kabong never stoops that low? Aspergers is not an affliction. I would not be me without it. I would have failed massively in life WITHOUT it.
    Let it go and take it for the quip it was intended as then. I have never even heard the word Sperg before. It sounds like a German family name or something.

I am sure you have finely attuned neuron connections and a curious way with words, but one thing Asperger's seems to do is make you very highly strung. Just chill a little, it's no big deal. I can be highly strung too, but am learning just to ride with it. You can easily do the same. You don't need to agree with Lyle on anything, but he is just a person with different views to you.

We all have our battles and issues Beanz. On the surface we all have our front but we are only human.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post

So says another pathetic nobody
    At least I got the smiley. Wahay!

Thread Information