Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Should Mayweather Fight Bradley?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Should Mayweather Fight Bradley?

We all want the Mayweather vs Pacman fight. But we are not going to get it just yet if ever. And now that Pacman and JMM has reach an agreement(rumor but likely), should Mayweather fight Bradley?

Thoughts?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Of course! Mainly because if he can landslide win against Tim then he would have taken his "0" and his belt at the same time making manny irrelevant.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I agree! With the struggle of the money split, Mayweather would hold the edge by far.
    The thing is, many people wouldnt give Bradley a chance against Floyd. And want to see Floyd challenged. I don't believe Bradley is the person to do that who was thus far?

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Should Mayweather Fight Bradley?

It makes the most sense if Floyd wants to stay at welterweight but Floyd may want money fights and staying at light middle would present more challenges and money such as Alvarez.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That would be a great matchup, as soon as Bradley gets past PAC Man, again. Let's do Floyd vs Tim without a doubt in our minds. Of course Floyd will get the big split on the money, that will happen without question whoever he fights! Hell, if I read Bradley correctly, he would probably fight Floyd for a lot less than we imagine! Bradley believes he can win.
    Last edited by beenKOed; 08-29-2012 at 03:02 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by beenKOed View Post
    That would be a great matchup, as soon as Bradley gets past PAC Man, again. Let's do Floyd vs Tim without a doubt in our minds. Of course Floyd will get the big split on the money, that will happen without question whoever he fights! Hell, if I read Bradley correctly, he would probably fight Floyd for a lot less than we imagine! Bradley believes he can win.
    Bradley would take anthing over 5 mil. Trust me Floyd looked up his pay already. Floyd can get around 30 for a Bradley fight. The question is, how much can an Alvarez bring in? If not clearly more then Bradley it will be!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ant Live View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by beenKOed View Post
    Bradley would take anthing over 5 mil. Trust me Floyd looked up his pay already. Floyd can get around 30 for a Bradley fight. The question is, how much can an Alvarez bring in? If not clearly more then Bradley it will be!
    But Cotto still brings more money than either of those guys. He's the #3 PPV money-maker in the sport. So I see that rematch as at least as likely as the other fights.

I have been thinking we'd see Floyd fight Alvarez for a while though -- I thought that would be his last fight. Honestly though, I'm not sure I agree that Canelo is more of a challenge than Bradley. He hasn't been in with anyone good and he lost rounds to Alfonso Gomez within the last two years.

The dream fight for me is still Mayweather-Martinez at 154 (or 160 - but that'll never happen) after Martinez dominates Junior. Maybe Martinez becomes a big enough commodity for it to make "cents" after the Junior fight.

Thread Information