Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Floyd enters my top 20 all time great pound4pound list

As much as I detest mayweather he won me over as a fan tonight not by his personality but his performance. to me all is forgiven if you can fight like a great fighter, this has to be floyd's signature performance (forget the delahoya fight and all those belts) he was truly tested tonight and with his performance garnered boxing immortality. just like frazier needed ali, barrera needed morales, and ray leonard needed hearns, floyd needed ricky to stamp his greatness, ricky was the perfect foil to bring floyd to the ultimate level. with his performance floyd has captured a slot on my top 20 all-time pound for pound list. well done floyd & enjoy your MONEY. tonight you have earned it
    "Very few people really understand what it means to be a fighter. I hate it when I hear someone say, 'That fighter doesn't have guts. I hate that, I don't care if you're a world champion six times over or a four-round fighter, to step inside that ring, you have to have guts" Oscar De La Hoya

SigmaMu Guest

Default Re: Floyd enters my top 20 all time great pound4pound list

I hate to burst your bubble but the REF let those fighters you mentioned get down and fight.
    Joe Cortez did not let this fight become all it could be. Anytime Hatton was about to attack, Joe pulled on Ricky's collar. He did thise long enough to frustrate Hatton and take Hatton out of the fight. At this point, my mother could have jumped in and knocked Hatton out.

Don't compare this fiasco with something special and great like was Barrera/Morales, Duran/Leonard, Ali/Frazier and so on. Floyd looked like a fighter who was being protected by the Ref.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i dunno

but he did win me a significant amount of money disrespeck

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Agreed, Talent combined with hardwork is really tough to beat.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Cotto_Is_4_Real
    I hate to burst your bubble but the REF let those fighters you mentioned get down and fight.
    Joe Cortez did not let this fight become all it could be. Anytime Hatton was about to attack, Joe pulled on Ricky's collar. He did thise long enough to frustrate Hatton and take Hatton out of the fight. At this point, my mother could have jumped in and knocked Hatton out.

Don't compare this fiasco with something special and great like was Barrera/Morales, Duran/Leonard, Ali/Frazier and so on. Floyd looked like a fighter who was being protected by the Ref.
    I luv ricky but I won't make excuses for him tonight. I was really dissappointed with cortez's officiating which affected ricky's performance tremendously but great fighters adjust and adapt. floyd was in a land he had never been before too but created his own path to victory. on the other hand the ref had nothing to do with ricky not moving his head and running into those right hands and combinations. ricky has nuthing to be ashamed off he gave his fans their money's worth
    "Very few people really understand what it means to be a fighter. I hate it when I hear someone say, 'That fighter doesn't have guts. I hate that, I don't care if you're a world champion six times over or a four-round fighter, to step inside that ring, you have to have guts" Oscar De La Hoya

ICB Guest

Yep sounds about right to me, im not quite sure where i would rate him but for certain top 20.

Thread Information