Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Iron Mike Tyson vs. Wladimir Klitschko

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjaspy3 View Post
    The way I see it, Wlad and Tyson both have abilities that could be kryptonite for the other. I think a large influence on the result would be whether or not Wlad loses his calm. If he remains calm and collective, I could see him keeping Tyson at range or tying up on the inside. If Tyson is able to unnerve Wlad, I think Tyson slips in some well placed punches that start Wlad on a downhill train wreck.
    ninjaspy3, the Voice of Reason...good post
    So he is the voice of reason because he agrees with you.
    He doesn't agree with me, he can just see more than one outcome. "If ____ happens then ______" a rational way to discuss a hypothetical matchup.
    Or just sitting on the fence.
    nobody will ever know who would win so its kind of poinless really.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

El Kabong Guest

It's a hypothetical matchup for fucks sake Michael Buffer has an equal opportunity to knock out both fighters in a HYPOTHETICAL situation.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's a hypothetical matchup for fucks sake Michael Buffer has an equal opportunity to knock out both fighters in a HYPOTHETICAL situation.
    Like I do not know it is a hypothetical match up.

Just have an opinion, is all I am saying like you have even if it is wrong.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

El Kabong Guest

Like I do not know it is a hypothetical match up.

Just have an opinion, is all I am saying like you have even if it is wrong.
    An opinion is fine, but you can't prove much of anything to anybody. "Tyson beat Tyrell Biggs & he was tall" is akin to saying "Wlad beat up Jean Marc Mormeck and he was trained by the great Kevin Rooney"

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Wlad would have had trouble with Tony Tucker who was undefeated 6ft 5in and had a great perm.

I also think Tony Tucker with his fast hands would have given Wlad problems.

Less so Pinklon Thomas and Rudduck although they never fought Tyson both Witherspoon and Dokes.

I may be stretching my point but Spinks was tricky and would have given some problems too.

El Kabong Guest

I think Wlad would have had trouble with Tony Tucker who was undefeated 6ft 5in and had a great perm.

Less so Pinklon Thomas and Rudduck although they never fought Tyson both Witherspoon and Dokes.

I may be stretching my point but Spinks was tricky and would have given some problems too.
    so Wlad gets 0 credit from you? You think that these guys would either give Wlad a hard time or beat him?

Was Spinks or Dokes or Thomas better than Haye or Byrd at heavyweight? Ruddock was a mess he never reached his true potential.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

so Wlad gets 0 credit from you? You think that these guys would either give Wlad a hard time or beat him?

Was Spinks or Dokes or Thomas better than Haye or Byrd at heavyweight? Ruddock was a mess he never reached his true potential.
    I give Wlad credit plenty. Haye is shite, Byrd was a cruiserweight who massively over acheived as a heavyweight through right match making and close decisions. Wlad probably beats all of them but I see Tucker like Brewster.

Wlad has created a greater legacy that Vitali although Vitali at his best was the better fighter.

El Kabong Guest

Chris Byrd was a very good heavyweight, underrated by many people. Easily overlooked, but he was a good fighter. I think he is pretty much on par with the lighter weight guys you listed. Dokes probably was a better puncher, but Byrd was a very good fighter. Eddie Chambers is another guy whom is easy to overlook as is Calvin Brock, but Wlad literally beat them out of the division, and in Brock's case out of boxing altogether.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The way I see it, Wlad and Tyson both have abilities that could be kryptonite for the other. I think a large influence on the result would be whether or not Wlad loses his calm. If he remains calm and collective, I could see him keeping Tyson at range or tying up on the inside. If Tyson is able to unnerve Wlad, I think Tyson slips in some well placed punches that start Wlad on a downhill train wreck.
    He doesn't agree with me, he can just see more than one outcome. "If ____ happens then ______" a rational way to discuss a hypothetical matchup.
    No, honestly I find it an intriging matchup especially because I cannot say for sure what the outcome would be. One thing I suspect is that someone would go KO.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No, honestly I find it an intriging matchup especially because I cannot say for sure what the outcome would be. One thing I suspect is that someone would go KO.

Heavyweights will always have that "puncher's chance" to end a fight either way. But beyond that, I read some "ifs" in your analysis which, IMO, are extremely iffy. For instance: "If he (Wlad) remains calm and collected..." Prime Wlad facing a prime Tyson. A headhunting, perpetual motion, dangerous with both hands Tyson. Personally I doubt Wlad would be calm and collected. He's fought scared against the likes of Sultan (who was in turn scared of him). So what makes you think he'd be calm and collected against the human wrecking ball?

Also, "I could see him keeping Tyson at range or tying up on the inside..." The only way to keep Tyson at bay was for the opponent to use his body, and to throw meaningful combinations, like Douglas did. I've seen plenty of Wlad fights and have never seen him fight like Douglas did that night. Douglas was taking it to Tyson, while in the process taking some shots of his own. Wlad fights in primarily a defensive pose. Always ready to use his arms to shield him from any dangerous shots. Also, not too many people were successful at tying prime Tyson up on the inside. What makes you think a scared Wlad would've been able to do it? Wlad tried pathetically to tie up against Brewster... and what happened?

I think the "downhill train wreck" is by far the most likely scenario.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Heavyweights will always have that "puncher's chance" to end a fight either way. But beyond that, I read some "ifs" in your analysis which, IMO, are extremely iffy. For instance: "If he (Wlad) remains calm and collected..." Prime Wlad facing a prime Tyson. A headhunting, perpetual motion, dangerous with both hands Tyson. Personally I doubt Wlad would be calm and collected. He's fought scared against the likes of Sultan (who was in turn scared of him). So what makes you think he'd be calm and collected against the human wrecking ball?

Also, "I could see him keeping Tyson at range or tying up on the inside..." The only way to keep Tyson at bay was for the opponent to use his body, and to throw meaningful combinations, like Douglas did. I've seen plenty of Wlad fights and have never seen him fight like Douglas did that night. Douglas was taking it to Tyson, while in the process taking some shots of his own. Wlad fights in primarily a defensive pose. Always ready to use his arms to shield him from any dangerous shots. Also, not too many people were successful at tying prime Tyson up on the inside. What makes you think a scared Wlad would've been able to do it? Wlad tried pathetically to tie up against Brewster... and what happened?

I think the "downhill train wreck" is by far the most likely scenario.
    Right, feed him your reality of a hypothetical situation....see @ninjaspy3 this is how you become "open minded" by having your own ideas and then having someone say "Yeah, ummmm you're wrong and here's why", this is what TitoFan does just say "You're right, I can't argue with you on this hypothetical situation that'll never happen" because he won't allow you to use your logic and rational, because an "open mind" to him means "his way"....get used to that.

pinche boricua

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tucker would give him trouble and Ruddock would definitely be a nightmare for him ... he also had very fast hands and HUGE power ... his power was up there with Tyson's IMO

Holmes would also be a challenge and Frank Bruno who had an excellent, potent jab who almost took out Lewis, the guy who Wlad is molded after, would be trouble for Wlad.

The Buster Douglas that beat Mike would dispose of Wlad without issue ... I can even see Bonecrusher Smith catching Wlad in the late rounds and getting him in trouble

Wlad would be a journeyman in the Tyson era ... ok fine maybe not a journeyman but just a contender who might pick up a belt or two before Tyson came and did his business
    Last edited by TysonBomb; 11-26-2012 at 11:06 PM.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

TysonBomb I love your enthusiasm but your good points do not need to be personal. El Kabong likes the Klit brothers but he does give Tyson credit so there is no need to get personal with him.

You even made @TitoFan defend Wlad for his performance against Haye which says a lot.
    Good words.

Respect other fighters.
    Tyson still wins though and im not a big tyson fan but i just believe Wlad will turn to jelly in the ring against mike and thats his biggest problem...fear.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by TysonBomb View Post
    Tucker would give him trouble and Ruddock would definitely be a nightmare for him ... he also had very fast hands and HUGE power ... his power was up there with Tyson's IMO

Holmes would also be a challenge and Frank Bruno who had an excellent, potent jab who almost took out Lewis, the guy who Wlad is molded after, would be trouble for Wlad.

The Buster Douglas that beat Mike would dispose of Wlad without issue ... I can even see Bonecrusher Smith catching Wlad in the late rounds and getting him in trouble

Wlad would be a journeyman in the Tyson era
    Ooooh and Peter McNeeley and Bruce Seldon and Mark Young and Sammy Scaff and David Jaco and Mike Jameson and Steve Zouski....man Zouski was a BEAST a "monstor" for his weight if you will.

Mike Tyson was a journeyman in Wlad's era....HA

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by imp View Post
    TysonBomb I love your enthusiasm but your good points do not need to be personal. El Kabong likes the Klit brothers but he does give Tyson credit so there is no need to get personal with him.

You even made @TitoFan defend Wlad for his performance against Haye which says a lot.
    Good words.

Respect other fighters.
    Tyson still wins though and im not a big tyson fan but i just believe Wlad will turn to jelly in the ring against mike and thats his biggest problem...fear.

My thoughts exactly. But maybe coming from you, it'll be better accepted by @El Kabong.
    From me, it's just sarcasm.

Thread Information