Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Today in Trump

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    Yeh it's definitely the long stall on report. No reason they cannot release to Congress, intel committee, prior to public, with redacted Grand jury specifics sources etc. The longer it goes it smells. What happened to 100 percent exonerated..get it out then. I think they're under threat of a felony if members put it out there. I'm trying to find 'other' news on the Administration front. Saw that the House voted to end U.S involvement in Yemen, Trump expected to veto it. He nominated another Fox news host to be the spokesman-woman for the State department. So the close boarder bluster has been walked back..shocker. The GOP must feel like it's herding cats trying to walk back some of Trumps shoot first aim later stuff. There was a significant prison reform victory but I don't know the specs of it. Doing my taxes finally so we'll see how this recent tax bill hits home.The number of people seeking U.S. unemployment benefits fell to its lowest level since late 1969. On a side note the Dems are cannibalizing themselves over Biden. It's definitely a hit job and frankly an insult to actual sexual abuse victims. An 80 year old geezer smelled your hair. Ffs. Other than Fox news which wastes so much time living in previous Administations...is there a notable respected source one can find day to day policy efforts. And not some whackadoodle tin foil hat web site pitching conspiracies.
    He's nominated two idiots to become Fed Governors too. The one good thing about Trump up to now was that he appointed actual good people to Fed posts after getting good advice. Now he's doing what he wants and if he fucks the Fed up with enough morons it could spell disaster if there's another meltdown on his watch. The Fed doing the wrong thing would give us a decades long Depression with a capital D.

In lobbyist news:

MCLEAN, Va.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Apr 4, 2019--A two-year investigation by USA TODAY, The Arizona Republic, and the Center for Public Integrity that engaged more than 30 reporters across the USA TODAY NETWORK, part of Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI), identified at least 10,000 copycat bills in every state using a unique data analysis engine built on dozens of cloud computers to detect similarities in language, revealing for the first time the extent to which special interests have infiltrated U.S. statehouses through “model” legislation.

To investigate how bills dreamed up and written by corporations, industry groups and think tanks get copied from one statehouse to the next, USA TODAY and The Arizona Republic compared millions of words of legislation provided by LegisScan in a data collection and analysis process powered by the equivalent of 150 computers that ran non-stop for months. The project includes a live reporting tool that flags newly introduced model bills, allowing reporters in USA TODAY NETWORK newsrooms across the country to dig into every known model bill in their state and to track new copycat efforts. The investigation found 10,000 bills were almost entirely copied from models introduced nationwide in the past eight years and more than 2,100 were signed into law.
    In a separate analysis, the Center for Public Integrity identified tens of thousands of bills with identical phrases, then traced the origins of that language in dozens of .............

https://www.apnews.com/Business%20Wi...ae84867a5f83f2
    He's determined to put his thumb on the scale of the Fed. Hey at least he's switched to nominating contributors from cnn 'fake news' also. The man issues policy via couch potato. I watched his address to the RJC and it was like watching a tired insult comic stammer through his material.
    The hate is strong in this one.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Yeh it's definitely the long stall on report. No reason they cannot release to Congress, intel committee, prior to public, with redacted Grand jury specifics sources etc. The longer it goes it smells. What happened to 100 percent exonerated..get it out then. I think they're under threat of a felony if members put it out there. I'm trying to find 'other' news on the Administration front. Saw that the House voted to end U.S involvement in Yemen, Trump expected to veto it. He nominated another Fox news host to be the spokesman-woman for the State department. So the close boarder bluster has been walked back..shocker. The GOP must feel like it's herding cats trying to walk back some of Trumps shoot first aim later stuff. There was a significant prison reform victory but I don't know the specs of it. Doing my taxes finally so we'll see how this recent tax bill hits home.The number of people seeking U.S. unemployment benefits fell to its lowest level since late 1969. On a side note the Dems are cannibalizing themselves over Biden. It's definitely a hit job and frankly an insult to actual sexual abuse victims. An 80 year old geezer smelled your hair. Ffs. Other than Fox news which wastes so much time living in previous Administations...is there a notable respected source one can find day to day policy efforts. And not some whackadoodle tin foil hat web site pitching conspiracies.
    He's nominated two idiots to become Fed Governors too. The one good thing about Trump up to now was that he appointed actual good people to Fed posts after getting good advice. Now he's doing what he wants and if he fucks the Fed up with enough morons it could spell disaster if there's another meltdown on his watch. The Fed doing the wrong thing would give us a decades long Depression with a capital D.

In lobbyist news:

MCLEAN, Va.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Apr 4, 2019--A two-year investigation by USA TODAY, The Arizona Republic, and the Center for Public Integrity that engaged more than 30 reporters across the USA TODAY NETWORK, part of Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI), identified at least 10,000 copycat bills in every state using a unique data analysis engine built on dozens of cloud computers to detect similarities in language, revealing for the first time the extent to which special interests have infiltrated U.S. statehouses through “model” legislation.

To investigate how bills dreamed up and written by corporations, industry groups and think tanks get copied from one statehouse to the next, USA TODAY and The Arizona Republic compared millions of words of legislation provided by LegisScan in a data collection and analysis process powered by the equivalent of 150 computers that ran non-stop for months. The project includes a live reporting tool that flags newly introduced model bills, allowing reporters in USA TODAY NETWORK newsrooms across the country to dig into every known model bill in their state and to track new copycat efforts. The investigation found 10,000 bills were almost entirely copied from models introduced nationwide in the past eight years and more than 2,100 were signed into law.
    In a separate analysis, the Center for Public Integrity identified tens of thousands of bills with identical phrases, then traced the origins of that language in dozens of .............

He's determined to put his thumb on the scale of the Fed. Hey at least he's switched to nominating contributors from cnn 'fake news' also. The man issues policy via couch potato. I watched his address to the RJC and it was like watching a tired insult comic stammer through his material.
    Nah as a voter who looks at both sides of most issues just get tired of the erratic simple minded petty bull crap sometimes. He can go an hour and literally put forth no ideals of proposals.

El Kabong Guest

In lobbyist news:

Says the man who idolizes Paul Krugman

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

In lobbyist news:

Nah as a voter who looks at both sides of most issues just get tired of the erratic simple minded petty bull crap sometimes. He can go an hour and literally put forth no ideals of proposals.
    I would judge you correct on your statement had you ever even said a couple things positive about trump. I disliked Obama but I think he did a few good things. The ACA has some good law in it but fell far short of what he promised. I like how he at least attempted dialogue with Iran but his nuke deal thing was just unenforceable and also fell short. But still he gave it a shot. When obama left office he told Trump North or as I call it Best Korea was the biggest threat facing the world and we were on a war footing. I’m not saying it was imminent but it was serious. I’m not saying Trump solved all this but having dialogue at Least gives us a shot and not having to take a shot. I don’t think Trump is the second coming I don’t agree with everything he says or does but what I see him doing is trying to tackle problems other administrations have been kicking down the road for years. So yeah, I don’t see much open mindedness when it comes to trump, just a few Americans and brits taking everything Kirk said as gospel. He doesn’t even debate. You bring something up and he will respond three days later with 39 links to every far left rag he can find. Always showing how wonderful everything was under Obama and how bad it sucks now. I think trump came in with a business attitude thinking he could just get some of these issues people have been talking about for years done but then he found our system is made to not get things done. Shit the Dems won’t work with him on policy and law they had to pivot from Russia to taxes on a dime but haven’t completely let the Russian thing go yet anyway. The same Dems he fought the Starr report being released now are demanding mueller report be released. Now Putin is pissed that trump is trying to beef up NATO. Why would Trump do that considering he is an ex kGB agent. So hate Trump, it’s fine, it’s freedom, but don’t pretend to be non partial. Even @Baal can see through this BS and the poor guy barely speaks English.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Who are you and what have you done with walrus.

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Why was I not cynical enough

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I disliked Obama but I think he did a few good things.

I don’t think Trump is the second coming I don’t agree with everything he says or does

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I disliked Obama but I think he did a few good things.

I don’t think Trump is the second coming I don’t agree with everything he says or does

Geez

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

On that note I’d like @Baal to pipe in. What does japan think of trump. And how is Shinzo Abe doing these days?

El Kabong Guest

Trump is certainly imperfect but look at who he's up against! it is a no brainer to vote for him over any of the Democrats right now. People might well ask "Why?" and I'd simply respond if you like America and believe it to be a nation worth saving then Trump is the ONLY option.

The Democrat party is in a civil war right now between establishment and outright Socialists and Communists and the Socialists are winning.

Establishment: Tulsi Gabbard, Pete Buttigeig, Kirsten Gillibrand, Amy Klobachar

Wildcard: Andrew Yang

Socialists/Communists: Cory Booker, Kamala Harris, Elizabeth Warren, Bernie Sanders, Beto O'Rourke, Julian Castro

After Hillary ran and lost you're going to see the Dems run the farthest left candidate they think people can stomach because it'll be "Hey look how different I am compared to Trump" the problem is the majority of the voting public doesn't want Socialism (bar those too dumb or lazy to work and those who want to completely burn down America) people want competence and they want someone who at least pays lip service to bringing the nation together. Trump actually DOES speak about Americans coming together, but certain people whose voices are louder due to the advent and prevalence of social media in today's society are downright nihilistic about America in general...the "No borders, no war, no USA at all" folks. I'm not sure if those people know just how non compos mentis they are.

There's a small group of people, I won't even call them Americans, they may live here and have citizenship, but they want VENGEANCE they don't want freedom or liberty or rights, they want retributive justice I guess for the past sins of this nation.....that's not going to be very good for anyone going forward and it will be something that we will have to deal with.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That is similar to UK politics when Labour lost with Milliband to Cameron so went even more left with Corbyn. Jeremy has survived and actually flourished now nearly winning the general election. So it may not be a bad thing if you go socialist.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    That is similar to UK politics when Labour lost with Milliband to Cameron so went even more left with Corbyn. Jeremy has survived and actually flourished now nearly winning the general election. So it may not be a bad thing if you go socialist.
    I’ve heard dumb things before but that takes the cake. You are making Kirk the counterintelligence Russian expert look brilliant

Your prince harry wants to ban fortnite the video game why don’t you get on that boat that’s safe political talk

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lyle touched on what for me is the frustrating thing about U.S. politics today. Trump (IMO) is far from perfect. Not being a politician, he does not know how politics work, and unfortunately that is an evil necessity for a POTUS. He has approached the presidency as walrus said, as a businessman which is his background. But that's not all it takes to be a good President. For my liking, Trump's temperament is ill-suited to be President. He's shown to be petty, vindictive, and in engaging in his many mini-wars, he many times fails to see the forest for the trees. Me... I don't care what anyone else says. I feel a President should command respect both domestically and abroad because of how he comports himself. Respect is much different than fear and loathing.

I'll say what I've said countless times. The main good thing Trump has done is shake up the political tree and expose politics for what they are. Politicians can no longer be snake oil salesmen making empty promises and expecting no consequences. They should now know that America will elect a Donald Trump or someone who is an even worse person, if that's what it takes to get things done and the will of the people observed. In other words, America is fully capable of making itself heard in the polls, like they did in 2016. As I've also said before... thank god Hillary didn't win. And I'm glad she gets to mull over the fact that she lost to Donald Trump. That's gotta give her an ulcer. I've always disliked and not trusted that lady. Body language and facial expressions say it all with her.

But we need a leader, and IMHO, Trump is no leader. Leaders have to possess truckloads of equanimity, and that is something Trump doesn't have a single ounce of in his entire being. Vindictiveness and pettiness are not good looks for a President of the United States of America. Trump isn't the first nor will he be the last President to be attacked by the press or by public opinion. But we have to retain our high standards. We can't just hire a guy for the job ONLY because we think he can get it done. I've known Plant Managers (in my field) who are supremely capable of the X's and O's when it comes to running a facility..... but lack the intangible leadership qualities to be good. Same goes for CEO's of major corporations.

BUT............. and this is what I was getting to.......

The Democrats have dropped the ball BIG TIME in these 2+ years. Instead of finding a grooming a capable leader to represent their party and their values in the next election, they're busy trying to burn Trump at the stake at every turn. They're crying in their soup and frankly...... it's embarrassing. They're obsessed with finding a candidate who.......... NOT to confidently lead the party and proudly represent his values in the next campaign. But rather who can beat Trump at name-calling and insult-hurling. It's pathetic. Watching the Democrats in the past couple of years has been cringe-worthy. Maybe I'm asking for too much, or maybe I just remember too much some of the past Presidents who have led with honor, and have led by example. Because that's another thing we should worry about, especially those still raising children. Do you want your children to emulate some guy in the White House who thumbs his nose at people and acts like a petulant child? Or do you want them to emulate someone who knows how to speak, how to carry himself, how to behave in a Presidential manner.

Because contrary to popular opinion........ you can STILL speak softly and carry a big stick.

If this is where we're headed, I cringe thinking about what type of person will be President 20 years from now.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    I’ve heard dumb things before but that takes the cake. You are making Kirk the counterintelligence Russian expert look brilliant
    Try it you may like it.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So I was watching CNN's Brianna Keilar on TV just now and......... she's kinda hot, in a bitchy sort of way.

.... and then I thought to myself, "Hmm..... she kinda reminds me of somebody..." And then it dawned on me.

Why.... she's Miss Frost from one of the James Bond movies.

Thread Information