Thread: Let's put this "Junior ruined Martinez" myth to rest once and for all

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Let's put this "Junior ruined Martinez" myth to rest once and for all

Ok, I think we've all had a good laugh. But time to get serious.

Let's address this myth that Junior somehow "ruined" Martinez in their recent fight.
    Only Chavez Jr. nuthuggers, and/or those with a boxing IQ of 0.00001 (not necessarily mutually exclusive groups) seriously claim this bullshit.

• FACT: Martinez schooled and exposed the clueless Junior for 11 1/2 rounds.
    • FACT: For 11 1/2 rounds, it was as lopsided a beating as anyone has seen in a long time.
    • FACT: Had it not been 'cause Junior has a pretty decent chin, he would've been KTFO'ed much earlier in the fight.
    • FACT: Junior habitually comes into fights with a huge size advantage. How? By cheating. For which he has been caught and suspended. And at least half a dozen other times, he's been suspected of doping by refusing to provide urine tests.

But......

In the interest of always giving even the worst nuthuggers at least a shadow of the benefit of the doubt... I've generously made it my business to see whether there is any merit to this ridiculous theory. And by golly I found something!

You see.... Junior DID ruin Martinez.

He ruined Sergio by being SO FUCKING CLUELESS during the whole fight..... that Sergio thought he could easily school and humiliate his next opponent as well. Unfortunately for Sergio, Murray turned out to be a REAL prizefighter. And because of that, Sergio very nearly lost a decision many think he should have lost anyway.

So my friends... there you have it.
    Junior DID ruin Martinez.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Let's put this "Junior ruined Martinez" myth to rest once and for all

chavez broke martinez' hand.
    chavez wrecked martinez' knee.
    chavez almost KO'd martinez.

martinez certainly didn't look very good in his last fight.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well I guess you could make a case that chavezs head fucked martinez hand up by being punched repeatedly, on a serious note I'm not sure chavez won't have lingering effects.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Let's put this "Junior ruined Martinez" myth to rest once and for all

You're such a whinny little bitch. Always bitching about Chavez Jr and Canelo and every mexican fighter out there. Shut the fuck up already man. "Has a pretty decent chin" Pretty decent? That statement alone shows how much of a fucking hater you are. BOOO FUCKING HOOOO "He comes in overweight so much heavier than day before" Welcome to fucking boxing dumbfuck. I guess since Puerto Rico aint got shit going so you are just focusing on attacking mexican boxers. Martinez is clearly not the same fighter he was 3-4 fights ago. Even you yourself said JR would KO him in the rematch so wtf are you talking about?

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Down boy! Down!
    I've told VD to put a fucking muzzle on you.

So.... should I put you down for "Yes, I think Junior ruined Martinez."?

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ruthless rocco View Post

It's pretty much that simple.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ruthless rocco View Post

It's pretty much that simple.

And simple is what you do best. Anything beyond that, it overheats the empty space between your ears. Yeah... Chavez broke Martinez's hand (dumbass).... with his face. What a fucking loser you are, clown. You're so angry all the time... you can't distinguish between facts and bullshit.

I love exposing your ignorant ass. It has become fun for me. I look forward to seeing your ridiculous posts, so I can make fun of them. BTW... when are you going to make another baseball bat post? I miss those.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Im just a white boy from San Diego. I take nobodies side. My opinion is just an opinion. Im not into the name calling. And will take no part in it. My opinion is Martinez is not the same fighter he was before. The movement he showed in the Chavez fight was not there. To say Martinez was ruined in the Chavez fight is a valid statement. Why it's upsetting some posters so much is baffling to me.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Scott22 View Post
    Im just a white boy from San Diego. I take nobodies side. My opinion is just an opinion. Im not into the name calling. And will take no part in it. My opinion is Martinez is not the same fighter he was before. The movement he showed in the Chavez fight was not there. To say Martinez was ruined in the Chavez fight is a valid statement. Why it's upsetting some posters so much is baffling to me.

Sensible opinions are always welcome, Scott. Pay no mind to the private war going on.
    We always do that.

There's a couple of reasons why I disagree with the "ruined" theory.

1. Had Martinez given himself enough time to come back properly from the knee injury he suffered, he would've been fine. He made a mistake in judgement. Either that, or the rehab didn't go as planned.

2. You're absolutely right. Martinez is definitely NOT the same fighter he was before. But it wasn't just because or after the Chavez fight. Martinez is 38 years old. His decline has probably been going on for some time now. Against Chavez he looked sharp and fast because he was..... fighting Chavez. Fighting someone as one-dimensional and slow as Chavez will make most great fighters look even greater.

3. People mention his hand. Again, Martinez has been susceptible to injuries, including hand ones, for a long time. And if he hurt it against Chavez, it was because he was smashing it against Chavez's face the WHOLE fight.

No one disputes that Martinez has been on a downhill slide. But to give Chavez credit for somehow "ruining" Martinez..... especially since Chavez has been Martinez's most dominant victory in his last few fights...... is giving Chavez credit where credit is most certainly NOT due. And THAT is my problem with the whole "ruining" theory.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott22 View Post

Sensible opinions are always welcome, Scott. Pay no mind to the private war going on.
    We always do that.

There's a couple of reasons why I disagree with the "ruined" theory.

1. Had Martinez given himself enough time to come back properly from the knee injury he suffered, he would've been fine. He made a mistake in judgement. Either that, or the rehab didn't go as planned.

2. You're absolutely right. Martinez is definitely NOT the same fighter he was before. But it wasn't just because or after the Chavez fight. Martinez is 38 years old. His decline has probably been going on for some time now. Against Chavez he looked sharp and fast because he was..... fighting Chavez. Fighting someone as one-dimensional and slow as Chavez will make most great fighters look even greater.

3. People mention his hand. Again, Martinez has been susceptible to injuries, including hand ones, for a long time. And if he hurt it against Chavez, it was because he was smashing it against Chavez's face the WHOLE fight.

No one disputes that Martinez has been on a downhill slide. But to give Chavez credit for somehow "ruining" Martinez..... especially since Chavez has been Martinez's most dominant victory in his last few fights...... is giving Chavez credit where credit is most certainly NOT due. And THAT is my problem with the whole "ruining" theory.
    Don't take this the wrong way, but you seem to be more concern with not giving Chavez credit than you do with the valid points presented to you. I say that because you never even mentioned the knock down. Which is what caused his knee injury. Im far from a Chavez fan. But I think he earned himself some respect for rallying and almost scoring the knock out in the last round. Most fighters who had been dominated the way he was dominated for 11 rounds would of just packed it in and accepted there loss. They would of just settled for the distance. Chavez didn't. He went for it. That should be respected. At least in my opinion it does.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by outspoken View Post
    You're such a whinny little bitch. Always bitching about Chavez Jr and Canelo and every mexican fighter out there. Shut the fuck up already man. "Has a pretty decent chin" Pretty decent? That statement alone shows how much of a fucking hater you are. BOOO FUCKING HOOOO "He comes in overweight so much heavier than day before" Welcome to fucking boxing dumbfuck. I guess since Puerto Rico aint got shit going so you are just focusing on attacking mexican boxers. Martinez is clearly not the same fighter he was 3-4 fights ago. Even you yourself said JR would KO him in the rematch so wtf are you talking about?
    That's what it's all about.

Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Let's address this myth that Junior somehow "ruined" Martinez in their recent fight.
    Only Chavez Jr. nuthuggers, and/or those with a boxing IQ of 0.00001 (not necessarily mutually exclusive groups) seriously claim this bullshit.

• FACT: For 11 1/2 rounds, it was as lopsided a beating as anyone has seen in a long time.
    • FACT: Had it not been 'cause Junior has a pretty decent chin, he would've been KTFO'ed much earlier in the fight.
    • FACT: Junior habitually comes into fights with a huge size advantage. How? By cheating. For which he has been caught and suspended. And at least half a dozen other times, he's been suspected of doping by refusing to provide urine tests.
    But......

In the interest of always giving even the worst nuthuggers at least a shadow of the benefit of the doubt... I've generously made it my business to see whether there is any merit to this ridiculous theory. And by golly I found something!

He ruined Sergio by being SO FUCKING CLUELESS during the whole fight..... that Sergio thought he could easily school and humiliate his next opponent as well. Unfortunately for Sergio, Murray turned out to be a REAL prizefighter. And because of that, Sergio very nearly lost a decision many think he should have lost anyway.

I think the fact you started this thread shows its on your mind , and you are trying to reason with yourself , but its all IF'S AND BUT'S .
    For me you do seem to give Mexican fighters a bad rap.
    Get over it.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm actually with @TitoFan on this one. I don't really think Junior did shit to ruin Martinez. If Khan loses his next fight, is it because Julio Diaz fucked him up so bad with the knockdown and shaking him up? Get a grip guys. Mexican boxing has so much to be proud of now, it baffles me how any of you have bought into the Chavez Jr. bullshit Arum has sold you. Alvarez, Mares, Leo Santa Cruz, Ceja, Andy Ruiz to name a few current quality fighters, why do you continuosly defend/support a drugs cheat who doesn't even respect his own father for what he was gifted? This isn't a Puerto Rico vs. Mexico argument (because there isn't one, Mexico is kicking the crap outta PR right now), it is an argument against the absurd theory that Junior's outclassing somehow had anything to do with Martinez looking poor against Murray. He didn't look great against Barker & Macklin for fucks sake. At 38, with his hands down style, Martinez is naturally declining. If he wasn't, Big Bob and Don Jose wouldn't have allowed Martinez anywhere near their prodigal son.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

But......

You start such a serious thread and have the audacity to start a sentence with the word 'and'? There's typos, then there's idiocy.

If Jr has been caught so many times and is well known for cheating...
    Surely Martinez would have him tested?
    Surely the wbc would have him tested?
    Surely whichever argentine authority deal with this stuff would have him tested?

Deal with the loss mate, and move on.
    Last edited by Vendettos; 05-03-2013 at 08:19 AM.
    You say tomato,
    ‘n I say …… it correctly.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

My fucking christ. This is all the more reason to hate this spring insomnia. Whats wrong with this thread and just forget this fucking nonstop Puerto Rican/ Mexican rivalry. Jr did not wreck Martinez! and anyone who tries to suggest it while at the same time shitting on this author for starting this thread is a moron.

Next thing you know I'll be a Mexican hater. Grow the fuck up. The suggestion that Chavez wrecked Martinez is horseshit and I'm not from Puerto Rico. Geography has squat to do with it. He didn't wreck Martinez because of his Murray showing and thinking it is sheer lunacy. And while you are at it throw an extra pinch of salt on those fries.

Thread Information