Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: The Nasty Weather Thread

The only thing worse than getting threatened by a hurricane is having it named after Shrek's girlfriend.

Man... if it wasn't for the several family birthdays in September... I'd already be hating on this month of the year.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    The only thing worse than getting threatened by a hurricane is having it named after Shrek's girlfriend.

Man... if it wasn't for the several family birthdays in September... I'd already be hating on this month of the year.
    Buckle up and hunker down bud but it's still getting its act together. Looked to be steering wnw, skirt south hopefully. Stay safe Tito.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Japan are having problems too, nine million people told to evacuate as super typhoon Nanmadol hits.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-62952942
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Anyone have word or contact with Tito man? Hope they made it thru healthy. Seems we haven't learned much with the infrastructure and power on location and rain and flooding was reported as relentless. Hang in bro!

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Anyone have word or contact with Tito man? Hope they made it thru healthy. Seems we haven't learned much with the infrastructure and power on location and rain and flooding was reported as relentless. Hang in bro!
    Did they get their power back running? And I saw there's another hurricane coming through that same area but it looks to be a little bit more southerly. Looks like it might hit the Cayman Islands or Jamaica

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Happy to be back on the air. Appreciate the concern and updates, fellas.

Just got power back in my area last night. Still a long ways to go island-wide... and unfortunately there were some deaths and a lot of destruction. Hardest hit areas were the Southwest portion of the island, and the center, mountainous areas. Fiona became a Cat 1 hurricane just before landfall, it seems. But it also brought a TON of rain. At least one bridge was washed out (impressive videos of it... sign of the smart phone and Facebook age). Lots of landslides and such. It wasn't a Maria, of course. But it a surprising bit of damage. Lots of downed trees, which didn't help the power situation.

Personally, we lost power early Sunday morning, and never got it back until late last night. Made do with a medium-sized generator I had bought for such an occasion . That... and a portable gas stovetop we pull out for emergencies.

Woke up this morning to word from the neighbors that power was restored. So what do I do? Go thru my checklist.

• Switch power from generator to city power.
    • Shut off generator.
    • Connect my electric water heater (tired of cold showers by now).
    • Check in with family and friends to see if they all got power back.
    • See whether I got Internet... and go into Saddo's (my passage back to normalcy)

Feels good to be back. If nothing else, I can go back to watching and commenting on big fights... and hopefully kick back and watch some good NFL games this weekend.

Cheers.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

@Spicoli buddy...

Seems you keep copying us down here in P.R.

Can't be without getting your own storm.

Seriously, though... bummed to see that Ian is now making a beeline for your general area. I hope it veers off or better yet... implode! This hurricane season started off slowly and now seems bent on making up for lost time.

Batten down and ride it out, my friend. Heaven knows you've gotten more than your share of storms in that area recently.

As is sometimes the case in these strange weather times we live in.... it was amazing to see Fiona survive long enough to go beat up on eastern Canada, of all places

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

We will get the tail end of it here by the end of the week. It will be very blustery.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

@Spicoli buddy...

Seriously, though... bummed to see that Ian is now making a beeline for your general area. I hope it veers off or better yet... implode! This hurricane season started off slowly and now seems bent on making up for lost time.

Batten down and ride it out, my friend. Heaven knows you've gotten more than your share of storms in that area recently.

As is sometimes the case in these strange weather times we live in.... it was amazing to see Fiona survive long enough to go beat up on eastern Canada, of all places
    Hey man I appreciate that . But we're well off in the Bayou. This went exactly as tracks predicted pretty much..which is nuts ..and the arc back East to Fort Meyers-Tampa is brutal. We weren't 100 percent sure until it came off of Cuba this morning, never are. Hope you're good on your end too as Ian just stacked on previous damage. Saw earlier power still fubar in large areas?!

One more month and then we can collectively shake this hurricane season shat. You literally spend a few months waiting and watching, bags packed . Best of luck to Florida come tomorrow.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    @Spicoli buddy...

Hey man I appreciate that . But we're well off in the Bayou. This went exactly as tracks predicted pretty much..which is nuts ..and the arc back East to Fort Meyers-Tampa is brutal. We weren't 100 percent sure until it came off of Cuba this morning, never are. Hope you're good on your end too as Ian just stacked on previous damage. Saw earlier power still fubar in large areas?!

One more month and then we can collectively shake this hurricane season shat. You literally spend a few months waiting and watching, bags packed . Best of luck to Florida come tomorrow.

Glad to read you won't be getting the brunt of Ian. Yeah... it looks like Tampa-Orlando are going to get the worst of it.

Ian thankfully passed well south of us. But then curled up and hit Cuba. Once it gets west of Miami's longitude... it's gonna hit someone in the Gulf area.

Past experience tells me we're almost out of the woods here in Puerto Rico. Then again, it's just wishful thinking on my part, hoping hurricanes can read a calendar and realize we're not supposed to get hit after the end of September.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

@Spicoli !!!

Is Hurricane Idalia bearing down to where you live? Geez... I hope not. If it is... I hope you and your folks have taken the necessary precautions. Damn... hurricane season is a YEAR-AFTER-YEAR constant bitch.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tallahassee area category 3

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by NoSavingByTheBell View Post

Ooofff. Yeah... I saw it already went through. Hope Randy's alright.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by NoSavingByTheBell View Post

Ooofff. Yeah... I saw it already went through. Hope Randy's alright.
    I think Randy is a bit to the west of there, but he may be getting some effects of it. He probably battened down the hatches and we'll hear from him in about 24 hours.

Thread Information