Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'll say it here" Wilder vs. Jennings!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default I'll say it here" Wilder vs. Jennings!

Apparently, Wilder is to face the winner of the Mike Perez/Bryant Jennings fight. I feel Jennings will pull out a victory over Perez.

But, I have to say, if Wilder were to face Jennings, Wilder can't possibly go a VERY "busy" 6 rounds with Jennings before he begins to fade.

Jennings is not the average heavyweight. He has ok power, but where people lose to Jennings is that he moves around the ring- not as graceful as Pulev, but certainly a lot quicker- like a welterweight.

Plus, he keeps his hands up, is in GREAT PHYSICAL CONDITION, has not been beat up by the game, has an ok chin that has been tested a few times, but also throws punches and counterpunches better than anyone else in the division.

Wilder won't be able to keep the pace if Jennings comes out as his next opponent... I feel it's the end of the line for the Wilder express UNLESS he pulls out a UD or some weird stoppage.
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: I'll say it here" Wilder vs. Jennings!

Wilder v Fury or Arreleo for the right to fight Wlad.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The problem with Wilder will be his chin. I think Stiverne-Arreola or Jennings-Perez winner are good fights. I'm still not sold on Wilder but that was a good win last night.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Rantcatrat View Post
    The problem with Wilder will be his chin. I think Stiverne-Arreola or Jennings-Perez winner are good fights. I'm still not sold on Wilder but that was a good win last night.
    We have to take it as it is on this lap.... if he is suspect, his next fight will surely be the testing ground if it's Jennings, Perez, Arreola or Stiverne.

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Wilder v Fury or Arreleo for the right to fight Wlad.
    styles make fights , I think Arreola KOS both fury and Wilder.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Jennings is actually a very good well rounded HW imo and I woud also love to see this fight.

What the OP said regarding Jennings chin and power, yeah they may be ok but compared to the HW division it could also be argued that he is lacking in both of these things.

I like Jennings and I think if he survives the first third of the fight he will take out the big lug Wilder who has a suspect chin of his own and I believe crap stamina. Jennings is definitely the better boxer but that range and power of Wilder is something that can never be dismissed in any fight.

Interesting match up that I want to see happen!!
    "Enough with the games mate! Your messing with the Grand Master!"

Lennox Lewis

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Max Power View Post
    Jennings is actually a very good well rounded HW imo and I woud also love to see this fight.

What the OP said regarding Jennings chin and power, yeah they may be ok but compared to the HW division it could also be argued that he is lacking in both of these things.

I like Jennings and I think if he survives the first third of the fight he will take out the big lug Wilder who has a suspect chin of his own and I believe crap stamina. Jennings is definitely the better boxer but that range and power of Wilder is something that can never be dismissed in any fight.

... apparently it's on deck as Wilder is to face the winner of the Jennings/Perez match up. So we soon may know!

I feel Kelvin Price was Wilder's best test against hungry HW's. Jennings is head and shoulders above Price at this stage.

I just don't feel, because of Wilder's quick exits out of fights- as was the problem with Tyson after a few years- that he is prepared to go not just 6,7,8 rounds or more BUT 6,7,8 rounds or more with a guy that really has tremendous pace for a HW- a HW that moves and fights like a welterweight with decent power. Not bone crushing power, but decent power plus has counter-punching and combination punch ability.

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ykdadamaja View Post

... apparently it's on deck as Wilder is to face the winner of the Jennings/Perez match up. So we soon may know!

I feel Kelvin Price was Wilder's best test against hungry HW's. Jennings is head and shoulders above Price at this stage.

I just don't feel, because of Wilder's quick exits out of fights- as was the problem with Tyson after a few years- that he is prepared to go not just 6,7,8 rounds or more BUT 6,7,8 rounds or more with a guy that really has tremendous pace for a HW- a HW that moves and fights like a welterweight with decent power. Not bone crushing power, but decent power plus has counter-punching and combination punch ability.
    I think thats pretty spot on. Would be a solid match but I lean Jennings in a fight where Wilders lurching and stiff hips would see him in a bad way when countered. His power exist, but its when Wilder misses that he has little work and defensive recovery. Jennings is a well rounded and respectably tested young fighter. You don't need bricks, just make them blink, stumble and back up on heels never tested and hit them again. Tkos come like that.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Jennings would be the best opponent by far that Wilder has ever faced and in a just world I hope he beats the living shit out of him!!

I will give him the nod in this fight. Wilder is set to be exposed.

Lennox Lewis

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Jennings would be the best opponent by far that Wilder has ever faced and in a just world I hope he beats the living shit out of him!!

I will give him the nod in this fight. Wilder is set to be exposed.
    He can't keep the pace... and Jennings is smart enough, and has enough internal courage, to stay away for a while and not get hit with a Wilder bomb early.

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Jennings beats Wilder up
    Cold Heart and a Weak Mind

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm not sure about Jennings beating wilder but I'm convinced that hed be the first guy to take wilder to the distance. He has the mobility, enough speed and the skills to do so imo.

Honestly though, I'm not as high on jennings as some u guys are. If he was fighting in the 90s, hed be the janitor at HBO office or carrying someones spit bucket.

Whatever man.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by FinitoElDinamita View Post
    I'm not sure about Jennings beating wilder but I'm convinced that hed be the first guy to take wilder to the distance. He has the mobility, enough speed and the skills to do so imo.

Honestly though, I'm not as high on jennings as some u guys are. If he was fighting in the 90s, hed be the janitor at HBO office or carrying someones spit bucket.

Whatever man.
    LOL always know just what to say!!

Lennox Lewis

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i read on twitter this morning that he may well be fighting lucas brown
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by FinitoElDinamita View Post

Whatever man.
    What does that say about Wilder
    Cold Heart and a Weak Mind

Thread Information