Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oscar Delahoya and Richard Schafer have bad relationship.. schafer might step down

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Oscar Delahoya and Richard Schafer have bad relationship.. schafer might step down

How will gbp be effected by the absence of Schafer?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Oscar Delahoya and Richard Schafer have bad relationship.. schafer might step dow

I think the company would definitely take a hit but has enough power to keep rolling forward
    Cold Heart and a Weak Mind

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Oscar Delahoya and Richard Schafer have bad relationship.. schafer might step dow

Honestly, good. Every kingdom must have its turmoil.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Who knows if that would be a good thing, strikes me Schafer has been really good at making fights happen over the last five years or so De La hoya is a bimbo who should probably just be happy he gets to keep being the face of GB, he just needs to smile and spout some drivel before big fights, I doubt he is of any use on the actual business end. If he thinks otherwise, I can see why Schafer would be stepping down.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

De La Hoya made Schafer. Nobody knew who the fuck he was until Oscar brought him in. Fool needs to wise up and not bite the hand that feeds him

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah but who knows whats going on behind the scenes. Schafer is a real businessman and Oscar is a drug-addicted, panty-wearing ex-boxer.

Maybe Oscar is trying to push for decisions that Schafer knows is not good for business.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    Who knows if that would be a good thing, strikes me Schafer has been really good at making fights happen over the last five years or so De La hoya is a bimbo who should probably just be happy he gets to keep being the face of GB, he just needs to smile and spout some drivel before big fights, I doubt he is of any use on the actual business end. If he thinks otherwise, I can see why Schafer would be stepping down.
    I agree. If Schafer is leaving Oscar needs to replace him ASAP. Who knows, maybe Schafer will get rid of Oscar. Lol
    Oscar is a smart guy but you need a real businessman at that position. The tedious day to day side of the business would have Oscar back in rehab ASAP. You need someone who enjoys the work and the pressure.
    Hard to replace? No, in my opinion, but as someone said, there would be a blip.
    If Oscar has been thinking about this for any time at all, he surely has somebody in mind. Lol Hopefully.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Shaeffer has been running the company for the last so many years though. It would be a big blow. From what I understand, Oscar doesn't like that the company has changed from his company to a Haymon company. I imagine they'll figure out a way to resolve it.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Schaefer has been running the company since its inception. If Fishnets had been running it it would already have gone bust. If Schaefer does leave Oscar will have to get somebody similar to do the day-to-day running and especially do the deals because if Oscar tries to do it he'll fuck it up in no time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Interested to see what the details are. Everything was running so smoothly over there, it seemed everyone knew their place. One thing we can all agree on is that Oscar don't know sweet f all about business side of this sport.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Schafer is the real power man behind GBP, Oscar is the pretty face. Too many personalities are getting in the way of business which is to make good competitive fights.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise View Post
    De La Hoya made Schafer. Nobody knew who the fuck he was until Oscar brought him in. Fool needs to wise up and not bite the hand that feeds him
    This is actually 100% opposite VD and you know I really respect your posts. There is an argument to be made that Shaefer was the head of the most powerful bank in the world (UBS), before he quit to head a boxing promotion. That's a bizarre move. It speaks to the fact that Shaefer was independently rich. He was. I think over 600 BILLION was in UBS at the time of Shaefers departure. I would have to look up the exact number but I'm on my tablet so I won't. Either way, he was dealing in billions. Shaefer can go CEO any BofA right now and that isn't an exaggeration.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Don't forget Finito started this thread. Everybody knows he heads up TMZ's "Sports Department".

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by amat View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise View Post
    This is actually 100% opposite VD and you know I really respect your posts. There is an argument to be made that Shaefer was the head of the most powerful bank in the world (UBS), before he quit to head a boxing promotion. That's a bizarre move. It speaks to the fact that Shaefer was independently rich. He was. I think over 600 BILLION was in UBS at the time of Shaefers departure. I would have to look up the exact number but I'm on my tablet so I won't. Either way, he was dealing in billions. Shaefer can go CEO any BofA right now and that isn't an exaggeration.
    I don't doubt the mans education and smarts. But come on now. You really gonna tell me you knew who Schafer was before Oscar brought him in?

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Schafer is a banker and he's smart. You need somebody like him in your outfit but I dont think he should be the main head.. he doesnt know boxing although there are matchmakers like eric gomez whose handling that position.

I agree with VD. Oscar put him on and he aint shit without him..

Im with oscar...

Thread Information