Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Hatton-Castillo: How they rate

Quote Originally Posted by Big Jack
    How do you guys see these ratings
    http://www.sportsnut.com.au/entry.php?intid=5823
    Didn't work well with my browser. Maybe others can see that. I think Hatton is going to win the fight. He is the quicker guy and to me the better skilled. Castillo is a good fighter but not great. Hatton has potential to be great.. I cannot wait for this fight.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mark Staniforth looks at who holds the advantages in key areas ahead of Saturday's fight.

Hatton v Castillo - How they rate
    SIZE:

If Hatton ever needed reminding that he is a natural light-welterweight, it happened in Boston in May last year when his first move up to the 147lbs limit resulted in a chose shave over Luis Collazo.

Castillo, on the other hand, had so many weight worries at lightweight it was feared even a move up one category may not be enough. His 140lbs debut win over Herman Ngoudjo provided more questions than answers.

Advantage: Hatton

POWER:

His failure to dispatch either Luis Collazo or Juan Urango inside the distance should not detract from Hatton's undoubted power-punching potential with either hand, and he will look in particular to dig his body shots home to good effect.

Castillo certainly carries power, albeit at a lower weight, and his ability to move up and retain such effectiveness is one of the keys to this contest. Castillo's major weapon is undoubtedly his left hook.

Advantage: Castillo

SPEED:

Mark Staniforth looks at who holds the advantages in key areas ahead of Saturday's fight.

Hatton's swarming style involves so much more than he is often given credit for. Lightning speed up close, allied with his excellent split-second shot selections, has always played a pivotal role in his success.

At age 33, the signs are Castillo's own reflexes are beginning to wane, and certainly he telegraphed most of the work with which he intended to rid himself of Ngoudjo. But Castillo's sheer workload redresses the balance.

STAMINA:Some good judges have suggested Hatton's propensity to balloon between fights was finally catching up with him in the later stages of his win over Juan Urango, although Hatton insisted that fading in the later rounds was down to a virus.

Castillo looked alarmingly one-paced against Ngoudjo, but with a proper, motivated build-up to this fight the likelihood is the Mexican will be back to his lung-bursting best.

Advantage: Even

TACTICS:

As experienced world champion fighters, both Hatton and Castillo will enter the Las Vegas ring intent on fulfilling their carefully constructed tactical plans to the letter. It just won't look like it.

They will wage war in the centre of the ring, flinging left hooks to the body and barely taking a backward step. Fast footwork and sharp reflexes will play a defining role in the destiny of the fight.

As the younger and fresher of the two, Hatton will be expected to have the edge. But Castillo will certainly not take defeat lying down, virtually guaranteeing one of the fights of the year on the Las Vegas Strip.

I mostly agree

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I agree with most of that except the part about Castillo having power. His power is ok but not great. Castillo is a strong fighter but not exactly Edwin Rosario.. I would give them even on power, not for Castillo.

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i think 1 advantage for Castillo is his toughness , i mean ricky is not chinny but can he stand toe to toe with castillo like corrales ?
    personally i think ricky will find this 1 tough
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Thread Information