Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Golovkin v Canelo 2 CONFIRMED

The only person I've really seen momentarily force GGG back was Kell Brook, it seemed that way for about 5 seconds then GGG Smiled, nodded as if to say let's have it and beat that absolute fuck out of him.
    I've been saying for years that Golovkin seems to crave someone who will stand with him and have a proper brutal tear up but no one can or has done yet.
    Would have loved to have seen him and Froch go at it which would have been an out and out war.
    Praying Canelo actually fights him this time.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Canelo Alvarez to change approach in Gennady Golovkin rematch

Canelo Alvarez believes he needs to be more aggressive to beat Gennady Golovkin in their rematch on September 15. Golovkin and Alvarez clash for a second time in Las Vegas after a controversial draw in their first encounter almost a year ago. Alvarez comes into the contest under pressure to perform after testing positive for Clenbuterol and serving a six-month suspension.

Fight fans were relieved to learn the middleweights had managed to re-schedule the second fight and Alvarez expects to convincingly win the rematch. ‘Whatever it takes, I have to do something different in this fight to win convincingly,’ Canelo told Fighthub. ‘I was in good shape but I needed a little more to throw more punches.’

He added: ‘The first fight showed me what I need to do in order to win this rematch convincingly, even though I [still think] I won the first fight,’ he said. ‘I knew he was a fighter that could take a lot of punches. He can take a lot of punches upstairs. I simply thought to keep fighting my fight.’ The ban forced the cancellation of the original rematch date in May and sparked a furious reaction from Golovkin who accused Alvarez of taking banned substances before their first meeting.

Alvarez has denied he intentionally ingested Clenbuterol, insisting the positive tests were caused by eating contaminated meat in Mexico. The former world champion revealed he no longer eats meat, but will not be making changes to his team despite the controversy. Golovkin vs Alvarez II is tipped to be one of the most exciting fights of the year, with the winner able to call himself the king of the middleweights.

https://metro.co.uk/2018/08/07/canel...match-7811185/

Well he'd better be more aggressive in the rematch, especially since Abel Sanchez has accused him of "stalling tactics" in their first fight.

https://www.boxingnews24.com/2018/08...r/#more-268668

Sanchez had a few good lines in there. A couple of choice ones:

”Gennady had to chase Canelo, who boasted that he was the true Mexican warrior, around the ring,” Sanchez said. ”It reminded me of the four corners offense those old Dean Smith coached basketball teams used to play. I’m seriously considering asking the Nevada Commission to install a 24 second clock to force Canelo to engage,” Sanchez said.

Good college basketball analogy.

Another one:

”Compare the activity between the fighters in their first fight,” Sanchez said. ”Gennady did everything in that fight. Gennady wasn’t the one who got booed by the fans when those crazy scorecards were announced. And Gennady is going to do even more in the rematch. I read that Canelo isn’t eating beef in camp. Let’s just hope that he stopped eating duck too,” Sanchez said.

LOL..... eating duck.

According to the article, GGG is a less smiling, less friendly fighter going into the rematch than he was before the first fight. Good. I also hope Ginger comes forward like he said he was going to do. All of this bodes well for a knockout of epic proportions. The popcorn is already ready.
    Pedazo de mierda, Canelo doesn't have to come forward in this rematch because it looks like GGG is going to be more aggressive coming right at Canelo which gives Canelo the advantage of knowing basically what the strategy is of his opponent and Canelo can either move back to sucker GGG to rush forward even faster but since Canelo is fast on his feet he can then do a quick pivot and pop him straight down the pipe right on that communist chin that Turkish chin that he has.

Canelo is going to score a shocking one punch knockout in something like the third round to shop the world @Primo Carnera

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by brocktonblockbust View Post

Canelo Alvarez believes he needs to be more aggressive to beat Gennady Golovkin in their rematch on September 15. Golovkin and Alvarez clash for a second time in Las Vegas after a controversial draw in their first encounter almost a year ago. Alvarez comes into the contest under pressure to perform after testing positive for Clenbuterol and serving a six-month suspension.

Fight fans were relieved to learn the middleweights had managed to re-schedule the second fight and Alvarez expects to convincingly win the rematch. ‘Whatever it takes, I have to do something different in this fight to win convincingly,’ Canelo told Fighthub. ‘I was in good shape but I needed a little more to throw more punches.’

He added: ‘The first fight showed me what I need to do in order to win this rematch convincingly, even though I [still think] I won the first fight,’ he said. ‘I knew he was a fighter that could take a lot of punches. He can take a lot of punches upstairs. I simply thought to keep fighting my fight.’ The ban forced the cancellation of the original rematch date in May and sparked a furious reaction from Golovkin who accused Alvarez of taking banned substances before their first meeting.

Alvarez has denied he intentionally ingested Clenbuterol, insisting the positive tests were caused by eating contaminated meat in Mexico. The former world champion revealed he no longer eats meat, but will not be making changes to his team despite the controversy. Golovkin vs Alvarez II is tipped to be one of the most exciting fights of the year, with the winner able to call himself the king of the middleweights.

Well he'd better be more aggressive in the rematch, especially since Abel Sanchez has accused him of "stalling tactics" in their first fight.

”Gennady had to chase Canelo, who boasted that he was the true Mexican warrior, around the ring,” Sanchez said. ”It reminded me of the four corners offense those old Dean Smith coached basketball teams used to play. I’m seriously considering asking the Nevada Commission to install a 24 second clock to force Canelo to engage,” Sanchez said.

Another one:

”Compare the activity between the fighters in their first fight,” Sanchez said. ”Gennady did everything in that fight. Gennady wasn’t the one who got booed by the fans when those crazy scorecards were announced. And Gennady is going to do even more in the rematch. I read that Canelo isn’t eating beef in camp. Let’s just hope that he stopped eating duck too,” Sanchez said.

LOL..... eating duck.

According to the article, GGG is a less smiling, less friendly fighter going into the rematch than he was before the first fight. Good. I also hope Ginger comes forward like he said he was going to do. All of this bodes well for a knockout of epic proportions. The popcorn is already ready.
    Pedazo de mierda, Canelo doesn't have to come forward in this rematch because it looks like GGG is going to be more aggressive coming right at Canelo which gives Canelo the advantage of knowing basically what the strategy is of his opponent and Canelo can either move back to sucker GGG to rush forward even faster but since Canelo is fast on his feet he can then do a quick pivot and pop him straight down the pipe right on that communist chin that Turkish chin that he has.

Canelo is going to score a shocking one punch knockout in something like the third round to shop the world @Primo Carnera

Not only is your Spanish cursing atrocious, you don't know shit about boxing.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

como atreves de decirme esa porqueria
    hdp

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Another one:

LOL..... eating duck.

Dunno why I was tagged into this, but hey it could happen. Canelo’s a knobhead, but i’ve Lost a lot of respect for GGG in all this, begging to be Canelo’s dance partner.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Dunno why I was tagged into this, but hey it could happen. Canelo’s a knobhead, but i’ve Lost a lot of respect for GGG in all this, begging to be Canelo’s dance partner.

Random. I wouldn't worry about it.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

[QUOTE=TitoFan;1487489]
    You could argue Hagler begged for the fight with Leonard. Triple G had to fight Canelo and get him out of the way. Then he can move onto the other challengers.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

[QUOTE=Master;1487492]
    Quote Originally Posted by @Primo Carnera View Post
    You could argue Hagler begged for the fight with Leonard. Triple G had to fight Canelo and get him out of the way. Then he can move onto the other challengers.
    Hagler definitely begged and then ate a bunch of crow. now there's one fight you can bet at Hagler wishes he could get a second crack at. He should have fought the entire fight southpaw and gone for a knockout in around the 7th

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

[QUOTE=brocktonblockbust;1487495]
    Quote Originally Posted by @Primo Carnera View Post
    Hagler definitely begged and then ate a bunch of crow. now there's one fight you can bet at Hagler wishes he could get a second crack at. He should have fought the entire fight southpaw and gone for a knockout in around the 7th
    I think it was Leonard who wanted the rematch more than Hagler.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah Leonard probably wanted it more but he didn't want to show it so much. I think he really won that fight psychologically as well as physically

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah Leonard probably wanted it more but he didn't want to show it so much. I think he really won that fight psychologically as well as physically
    Leonard talked a lot of crap about how he psychologically beat Hagler with the mind games. It was a close fight but the biggest factors in his favour were the 12 rounds not 15.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I never liked Leonard

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I never liked Leonard
    Neither did I as I only ever saw the manipulatve Leonard setting the cards in his favour against Hearns, Duran, Lalonde and was glad he got smashed by Norris and Comacho.

The welterweight Leonard was however a true great fighter and his victories over Benitez, Hearns and Duran as well impressive defense (knockout of Dave Boy Green) showed his true class.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I am desperately waiting for this fight!

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

[QUOTE=Master;1487492]
    Let's get this straight. Canelo ain't no SRL, and GGG ain't no Hagler.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Thread Information