Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  8
Likes Likes:  10
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Poll: Reparations... for or against?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Reparations for slavery...... yay or nay?

Share/Bookmark
    El Kabong Guest

Default Re: Reparations for slavery...... yay or nay?

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing
    This is one of America's top black journalists
    Posts Ta-Nehisi Coates article HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    "The popular mocking of reparations as a harebrained scheme authored by wild-eyed lefties and intellectually unserious black nationalists is fear masquerading as laughter. Black nationalists have always perceived something unmentionable about America that integrationists dare not acknowledge—that white supremacy is not merely the work of hotheaded demagogues, or a matter of false consciousness, but a force so fundamental to America that it is difficult to imagine the country without it."

It is brilliantly insightful. Thanks Kirkland. People do not like difficult questions and would rather dismiss them, so I expect it would be beyond many to even contemplate the value of another perspective, let alone try and reexamine long held beliefs thru another lens. It is worth the effort, but it is an effort nonetheless, and so it is easier to just mock, roll the eyes and pretend that confronting difficult questions us in itself a vapid and stupid exercise.

Fuck that kind of entrenched privileged cowardice.
    Let me know when you guys are done sucking each other off
    Last edited by walrus; 07-01-2019 at 02:42 AM.

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    I think Germany have given out reparations for the horror committed after the Second World War.
    Uh, nope. Germany was demanded to pay massive reparations after the first world war, which had a lot to do with causing the second. Its so obvious why this is always a bad idea.
    No, they gave reparation to the Jewish community. If they can do it, then anyone can.
    Anyone can? Poor way to begin this argument. You are wrong by A degree that makes this too hard to argue.
    Where there is a will, there is a way.
    So you're wanting a rematch of the War between The States? You think that'll be positive? Because it seems like that's what you're wanting.

If reparations ever occur (and they won't on account of it's Democrat pandering because they're deathly afraid of being abandoned by a certain demographic) I'll be paying EXACTLY $0.00

.....it's a hill on which I will die

I would rather burn my money, my home, and all possessions and salt the Earth on which I have planted so that nothing ever grows on it again than have it pay for sins I never committed.

Understand the gravity of that @Master?
    "The popular mocking of reparations as a harebrained scheme authored by wild-eyed lefties and intellectually unserious black nationalists is fear masquerading as laughter. Black nationalists have always perceived something unmentionable about America that integrationists dare not acknowledge—that white supremacy is not merely the work of hotheaded demagogues, or a matter of false consciousness, but a force so fundamental to America that it is difficult to imagine the country without it."

It is brilliantly insightful. Thanks Kirkland. People do not like difficult questions and would rather dismiss them, so I expect it would be beyond many to even contemplate the value of another perspective, let alone try and reexamine long held beliefs thru another lens. It is worth the effort, but it is an effort nonetheless, and so it is easier to just mock, roll the eyes and pretend that confronting difficult questions us in itself a vapid and stupid exercise.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing
    This is one of America's top black journalists
    Posts Ta-Nehisi Coates article HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Money,home and possessions were not more important to Jesus than justice.

You are a Christian and therefore your entire belief system is built around paying for sins you have not committed. Those of Adam and Eve.

What are you so afraid of?
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wow. The kind of quote Denilson would undoubtedly approve of.

So....... anyone who feels reparations are a bad idea is secretly harboring a deep fear that white supremacy will be found out as a real, deeply-ingrained issue rather than "the work of hotheaded demagogues"? Damn..... that's deep.

Well that's totally disappointing. Here I was thinking I was just emphasizing the importance of looking forward, instead of wallowing in the past and stirring up the shit so it will smell up the room all that much more.

Here I was thinking that such an idea would be next to impossible to implement..... and would only leave tattered emotions and serve to separate people even more..... as reparations distributions would surely be uneven and unjust in many cases.

Here I was thinking that paying black people today for the sins of yesterday would never change people's minds on either side of the equation. (In other words..... resentful blacks (see Denilson) will ALWAYS be resentful blacks..... and white supremacist will now be resentful white supremacists).

No. Anyone against this idea is really a closet white supremacist that believes white supremacy is an invention of hysterical leftists.

Precious.

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post

So....... anyone who feels reparations are a bad idea is secretly harboring a deep fear that white supremacy will be found out as a real, deeply-ingrained issue rather than "the work of hotheaded demagogues"? Damn..... that's deep.

Well that's totally disappointing. Here I was thinking I was just emphasizing the importance of looking forward, instead of wallowing in the past and stirring up the shit so it will smell up the room all that much more.

Here I was thinking that such an idea would be next to impossible to implement..... and would only leave tattered emotions and serve to separate people even more..... as reparations distributions would surely be uneven and unjust in many cases.

Here I was thinking that paying black people today for the sins of yesterday would never change people's minds on either side of the equation. (In other words..... resentful blacks (see Denilson) will ALWAYS be resentful blacks..... and white supremacist will now be resentful white supremacists).

No. Anyone against this idea is really a closet white supremacist that believes white supremacy is an invention of hysterical leftists.

Precious.
    It is a brilliant essay. A very accomplished piece of work. I would recommend reading it. Don't let Walrus and El Kabong's predictable fearful response put you off engaging with a difficult subject, in a nuanced way. Just because they will do anything in their power to reduce everything down to primary school level mudslinging, there is no reason to buy into their one dimensional world view.

Forget about slaves, forget about money, forget about anything from 100+ yrs ago and read it with an open mind and tell me that the essay is laughable?

They employ the same tactic when people talk about fascists as though it is all just a big game that they can stay on their high horse and snigger about.

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine...ations/361631/
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Precious.
    It is a brilliant essay. A very accomplished piece of work. I would recommend reading it. Don't let Walrus and El Kabong's predictable fearful response put you off engaging with a difficult subject, in a nuanced way. Just because they will do anything in their power to reduce everything down to primary school level mudslinging, there is no reason to buy into their one dimensional world view.

Forget about slaves, forget about money, forget about anything from 100+ yrs ago and read it with an open mind and tell me that the essay is laughable?

They employ the same tactic when people talk about fascists as though it is all just a big game that they can stay on their high horse and snigger about.

yup real fearful, shaking with fear. I notice Big D Lars and The other racist who’s name I forget agreeing quite often

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post
    victimhood is a pit you'll never escape because compassionate people keep pushing you back in
    That statement is a bit of a nothingburger and really is irrelevant to the subject of reparations. Taking control and fighting to right an injustice is not an example of a narcissist or someone with a victim mentality playing out a role. Empathy is not a weakness it the reason we as humans have evolved such complex social systems and got where we are as a human race. When people blame their parents for not doing well in life or the absence of a parent for their own narcissism, then yes of course people can be fooled into playing the part of an enabler or mirror for the victims own projections. When a person though is actually financially, emotionally, socially and politically actually held responsible for the sins a parent never even committed, in a very real sense it is hugely dishonest to pretend that they are just suffering from buying into a victim mentality.

When a society tries to bury the denial of justice as if it were a mere trifle, an insignificant side note, you end up with statements like yours. I do not know you personally, so i will assume it is something you are repeating, but it sounds like the words of someone trying to punish others for their own unaddressed issues.
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post
    victimhood is a pit you'll never escape because compassionate people keep pushing you back in
    That statement is a bit of a nothingburger and really is irrelevant to the subject of reparations. Taking control and fighting to right an injustice is not an example of a narcissist or someone with a victim mentality playing out a role. Empathy is not a weakness it the reason we as humans have evolved such complex social systems and got where we are as a human race. When people blame their parents for not doing well in life or the absence of a parent for their own narcissism, then yes of course people can be fooled into playing the part of an enabler or mirror for the victims own projections. When a person though is actually financially, emotionally, socially and politically actually held responsible for the sins a parent never even committed, in a very real sense it is hugely dishonest to pretend that they are just suffering from buying into a victim mentality.

When a society tries to bury the denial of justice as if it were a mere trifle, an insignificant side note, you end up with statements like yours. I do not know you personally, so i will assume it is something you are repeating, but it sounds like the words of someone trying to punish others for their own unaddressed issues.
    Read beaners first sentence in his response and clip it for a working definition of exaggerated sense of purpose

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Precious.

Haven't read the whole thing yet, as it's quite lengthy and I wanted to respond before I read it. Still.... I got the gist of it.

Yes, it is a good piece of writing. But allow me to express a few thoughts up front.

Please.... do not continue lumping me in with other people. Please understand this is an annoying (and denigrating) habit which basically insults the intelligence of the other person. Give me the credit I give others of making up our own minds without belonging to some sort of "cult."

I'm sure Lyle and Walrus have their own thoughts on the matter. We will agree on some points, and disagree on others. You and I have both been here long enough to know I'm very much an individual.

Number two... I do not need to read that essay to realize the very real nature of racism and its continuing persistence into today's society... particularly in certain areas of the Deep South.

Admittedly, the article does bring out specific facts that are horrifying and sad to read at the same time. Sad that humans could be that callow, unjust, and ignorant.

I'm fully aware that racial injustices, including lynchings, have occurred well into the 20th century. Racial injustices didn't end with the end of slavery. Nobody in their right minds would believe such a crock.

Frankly, upon reading articles such as this, it's small wonder people like Denilson exist. Except I think Denilson carries it to a ridiculous extreme, as also thinks any sane person who reads the rubbish he writes.

Having said all this, I stand by my opinion that the way to "right a wrong" can sometimes be misdirected. I personally much prefer to look forward and see how we can bring the hammer down on institutionalized racism once and for all.

I could write a damn book on all my thoughts on this subject, as I'm sure many of us could as well.

I've always said I would've been a militant black had I been born black in the 50's or 60's in the States. Racism to me is one of the most vile, disgusting, inexcusable traits a human being could have.

What are some of my "cures" for this?

First, understand that the so called "quotas" of the past (and present), where the government assigns numbers to the number of blacks and women you have to hire....... is a gigantic mental ball of crap spawned by some lazy legislators who were late for a lunch date and needed to give the impression that they really gave a shit. It has NEVER worked.

Nothing artificial works or lasts.

But instead of trying to wrestle this "reparations monster" into submission and make everybody happy (it'll never happen), I'd favor using the inglorious, shameful racial past of the U.S. to do everything in our power to ensure that organizations get punished for discrimination, and rewarded for the lack thereof.

Granted, exact measures are a bit above my pay grade..... so before someone comes charging in here demanding to know how exactly I'd fix it....... I'll respond that if I had the answer, I wouldn't be sitting here putting it on Saddo's.

Measure number one: Abolish, criminalize the existence of ALL hate groups. KKK, White Supremacists, Aryan Nation, Skinheads, Neo-Nazis, etc. "OH..... but our 1st Amendment rights!" FUCK THAT..... with a capital "FUCK". The founding fathers did not intend for free speech to include "Hey Billy Bob..... let's go lynch so-and-so because he's black and we're better than him. We hate him." To claim as such, is to hide behind a document written eons ago and not using your gray matter between the ears to discern between what's right and what's wrong. If freedom of speech is the total blanket I say it is..... then I should be able to shout "Bomb!" at airports, and freely talk about how I'm planning on killing Donald Trump. Let's call a spade a spade and quit playing pretend. There's is NO fucking excuse for hate groups.

Hate crimes? I'm all for it. Does it need tweaking? Sure. But as I've said countless times....... Joe kills Jack because he was taking his wallet and Jack resisted..... he might get a 30-year sentence or life. Joe kills Jack just because Jack is black and was minding his own business? Joe gets the death penalty. TWICE. Nobody has to agree with me on this. It's my own thought. And by the way, Beanz....... you may have noticed that Lyle and I have never seen eye to eye on this. Doesn't mean we are disrespectful to each other or that we don't agree on anything.

Civil War statues and memorials? I'd leave them be. Use them to educate kids on the horrors of the nation's past. It's history. You don't erase history. You use it to correct past mistakes.

I also stand by my opinion that paying blacks reparations will NOT do anything toward lessening racial tensions now or in the future.

White Joe pays taxes toward reparations to black Jack. Now Joe says........ "There. I paid you. Now we're even. Now I can continue being the same racist asshole I've always been, and you can't say a damn thing about it because you've been paid." You do not pay for the mistakes of the past by assigning a dollar sign to it and off you go.

More solutions. The government should intervene in any state of the union that does not conform to integration policies and persists in living in the past. The government should come down HARD on institutionalized racism. We don't need rocket scientists to know what is institutionalized racism and what isn't.

I'll weigh in some more after I've read the article.

El Kabong Guest

You are a Christian and therefore your entire belief system is built around paying for sins you have not committed. Those of Adam and Eve.

Reparations are not justice it's political pandering but I get that you're too dense to understand that. Remember who is promising these things and what they've accomplished.

I ADORE how you of all people lecture me on Jesus. You despise the religion you've said as much of your time practicing it. So don't come to me and tell me what is good and true and fair because you haven't the slightest idea.

You don't get to dictate to me who I am or what I believe.

Afraid? No, not afraid. I'm irked that 1. People are dumb enough to believe it would ever happen and 2. That people are dumb enough to think reparations would accomplish anything but further dividing the nation I live in and love.

Let's play it through let's say Reparations happen....THEN WHAT?

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sorry if i seemed like i was lumping you in with anyone, that was not my intention. I am just repeatedly dismayed by people's refusal to engage with anything that does not confirm their own viewpoint. On a subject like race I know that has never been the case with you. I like the fact that it is not an essay promising easy answers or pretending that even things like positive discrimination are a yes or no choice. You can make a strong logical argument for and against legislation to enforce positive discrimination, but in practice a sensible fuzzy implementation using common sense can work, as can an awareness that it is often very easy to not be aware of barriers that actually reinforce and have for many years implemented positive discrimination on behalf of the majority for no good reason.

E.G Universal access design. For many years people have put stairs on the front of buildings because that is what they have always done. Often a slope or ramp can not be more aesthetically coherent, it can help not just disabled access but also more easily accessed by parents with pushchairs and prams, Delivery and maintenance staff with trolleys, the elderly, etc. It is not being an SJW to recognize that this is a simple barrier that often keeps a large portion of the population from being able to access some buildings, but to then, with that knowledge, carry on building places without this kind of principle is actually maintaining a barrier that does not need to be there. It does not mean those architects and town planners hate disabled people but it does mean that they are refusing to engage with the multiple barriers the disabled people face and the reality many of us will have to face if we all live long lives. I think the same barriers are there for other groups and communities on many levels and the explicit nature of a term like 'White Supremacy' can make us blind to many of it's less visible implications.

When people throw up their hands at even studying reparations or the impact of slavery and yet are very quick to cite absent Black fathers and the bell curve and other data to maintain their own fantasy bubble, then it is they and not just those wanting to pull down statues who are trying to erase history.
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Reparations are not justice it's political pandering but I get that you're too dense to understand that. Remember who is promising these things and what they've accomplished.

I ADORE how you of all people lecture me on Jesus. You despise the religion you've said as much of your time practicing it. So don't come to me and tell me what is good and true and fair because you haven't the slightest idea.

You don't get to dictate to me who I am or what I believe.

Afraid? No, not afraid. I'm irked that 1. People are dumb enough to believe it would ever happen and 2. That people are dumb enough to think reparations would accomplish anything but further dividing the nation I live in and love.

Let's play it through let's say Reparations happen....THEN WHAT?
    No lets not play because it is not a game. I most certainly do not despise Christianity, that is your way of refusing to engage with anything in a meaningful or adult way. I have many friends who are practicing Christians and I have no interest in lecturing anyone, but you don't get to censor replies that reveal the inconsistencies of your own argument. It was you who said , and I quote

"I would rather burn my money, my home, and all possessions and salt the Earth on which I have planted so that nothing ever grows on it again than have it pay for sins I never committed."

So if you are going to invoke Biblical language and use the threats that your God's enemies used against his people, do not be surprised when it is pointed out to you how stupid and hugely unchristian such an argument is. And yes you are terrified, absolutely bricking it to be honest. Why else would you react in the way you have if it was not something you had a problem examining the merits of.

Have you read the Essay?

Your nation is already divided, so much so that a lot of that divisive bullshit has leaked out and is informing the mindset and actions of people outside your countries precious borders. Informing yourself is never a backward step and even the act of examination itself is transformative.
    Hidden Content

El Kabong Guest

No lets not play because it is not a game. I most certainly do not despise Christianity, that is your way of refusing to engage with anything in a meaningful or adult way. I have many friends who are practicing Christians and I have no interest in lecturing anyone, but you don't get to censor replies that reveal the inconsistencies of your own argument. It was you who said , and I quote

"I would rather burn my money, my home, and all possessions and salt the Earth on which I have planted so that nothing ever grows on it again than have it pay for sins I never committed."

So if you are going to invoke Biblical language and use the threats that your God's enemies used against his people, do not be surprised when it is pointed out to you how stupid and hugely unchristian such an argument is. And yes you are terrified, absolutely bricking it to be honest. Why else would you react in the way you have if it was not something you had a problem examining the merits of.

Have you read the Essay?

Your nation is already divided, so much so that a lot of that divisive bullshit has leaked out and is informing the mindset and actions of people outside your countries precious borders. Informing yourself is never a backward step and even the act of examination itself is transformative.
    Who said anything about a game?

Ah yes, I forgot how eager you are to "engage in an adult way" on anything.

You've got Christian friends do you? I seem to recall a rather terse response when I told you of getting along well with my Jewish friends. I'll leave you and your Christian friends to pass judgment on me.

I know what I said I don't need it read back to me you halfassed court stenographer.

I used the language I used and I stand by it. Mine is mine and if YOU or anyone else wants to come and take it you're welcome to try.

Ta-Nehisi Coats is a bullshit artist. Do I need to read his article again? It's the only article he has ever written or will ever write. Same as Denilson says nothing different and will say nothing different.

You tell me the merits of self examination? You've NEVER not a fucking once wondered "Maybe it's ME? Maybe I'm the trouble?" .... I know I'm opinionated and strong willed, I've admitted my flaws, I'm not perfect, but really dude. Get yourself a soul and then search it.

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Have you read the Essay?

Who said anything about a game?

Ah yes, I forgot how eager you are to "engage in an adult way" on anything.

You've got Christian friends do you? I seem to recall a rather terse response when I told you of getting along well with my Jewish friends. I'll leave you and your Christian friends to pass judgment on me.

I know what I said I don't need it read back to me you halfassed court stenographer.

I used the language I used and I stand by it. Mine is mine and if YOU or anyone else wants to come and take it you're welcome to try.

Ta-Nehisi Coats is a bullshit artist. Do I need to read his article again? It's the only article he has ever written or will ever write. Same as Denilson says nothing different and will say nothing different.

You tell me the merits of self examination? You've NEVER not a fucking once wondered "Maybe it's ME? Maybe I'm the trouble?" .... I know I'm opinionated and strong willed, I've admitted my flaws, I'm not perfect, but really dude. Get yourself a soul and then search it.
    Lets start with this rather predictable response.

Not only is it not the only article he has ever written you are talking about a very celebrated and award winning writer who has authored books, been an editor , a columnist, screenplay writer, has written comic books and poetry, a professor in writing , journalist and distinguished writer in residence. This is a guy who is very good at his job and you can't handle it. Why?

Let us be honest and let me ask you, how hard are you having to work in order to discredit someone in order to avoid engaging with the subject or admitting you may actually learn something?

Like i said you are trembling mate

"Mine is mine and if YOU or anyone else wants to come and take it you're welcome to try. "

Those are not the words of a calm man.

What are you worried about?

Nobody is judging YOU. All this hyper sensitivity is like a front. For what?

When you are a nationalist and a Christian, in a country like yours or mine, you should know about the principles and values you are defending. However secular each country claims to be both Great Britain and America are founded on Judaeo-Christian principles. You can't just divorce that from the evolution of your laws or history. Reparation and justice is a huge part of both the old and new testament and lies behind so many of the laws that govern the democracy i live under and your Republic. You seem to want to fight even about things we have in common. In fact more so. It seems to offend you when people do not conform to stereotypes and you are required to operate on more than a superficial level.

You may be a stenographer or a lawyer or even a copper for all i know but you don't seem very able to look at anything but one side of any argument.

The merits of self examination are not just an individual process they are a way in which societies and communities learn and move on. I am sorry if you think everything is some YouTube soundbite quick fix self help meaningless platitude, but that is what happens when you refuse to engage.

You have not addressed anything but your own desire to never change. You are aligning yourself with the very thing you claim not to have anything in common with.

A victim mentality. It's not about YOU or YOUR MONEY or YOUR PROPERTY.
    Hidden Content

El Kabong Guest

Lets start with this rather predictable response.

Not only is it not the only article he has ever written you are talking about a very celebrated and award winning writer who has authored books, been an editor , a columnist, screenplay writer, has written comic books and poetry, a professor in writing , journalist and distinguished writer in residence. This is a guy who is very good at his job and you can't handle it. Why?

Let us be honest and let me ask you, how hard are you having to work in order to discredit someone in order to avoid engaging with the subject or admitting you may actually learn something?

Like i said you are trembling mate

"Mine is mine and if YOU or anyone else wants to come and take it you're welcome to try. "

Those are not the words of a calm man.

What are you worried about?

Nobody is judging YOU. All this hyper sensitivity is like a front. For what?

When you are a nationalist and a Christian, in a country like yours or mine, you should know about the principles and values you are defending. However secular each country claims to be both Great Britain and America are founded on Judaeo-Christian principles. You can't just divorce that from the evolution of your laws or history. Reparation and justice is a huge part of both the old and new testament and lies behind so many of the laws that govern the democracy i live under and your Republic. You seem to want to fight even about things we have in common. In fact more so. It seems to offend you when people do not conform to stereotypes and you are required to operate on more than a superficial level.

You may be a stenographer or a lawyer or even a copper for all i know but you don't seem very able to look at anything but one side of any argument.

The merits of self examination are not just an individual process they are a way in which societies and communities learn and move on. I am sorry if you think everything is some YouTube soundbite quick fix self help meaningless platitude, but that is what happens when you refuse to engage.

You have not addressed anything but your own desire to never change. You are aligning yourself with the very thing you claim not to have anything in common with.

A victim mentality. It's not about YOU or YOUR MONEY or YOUR PROPERTY.
    If it's predictable why bother?

"Not only is it not the only article he has ever written you are talking about a very celebrated and award winning writer" .... So you read that literally instead of as hyperbole, you're so smart. I'm saying Coates, like Denilson is a real 'Johnny One Note'. He plays the "white people evil, black people naive and bereft of any internal locus of control or personal responsibility" that is ALL he does and he gets awards from effete lefties who enjoy giving awards that showcase their social justice beliefs because it makes them feel superior to everyone else. It's an ego stroke nothing else.

"Nobody is judging you" .... "When you're a nationalist and a Christian" ....really? Nobody is judging me? It's all you do.

What is YOUR answer on American borders? Do we have a right to exist as a nation or don't we?

"you don't seem very able to look at anything but one side of any argument."... He posted with no sense of irony.

"The merits of self examination..." ...he again posts with no hint of irony. At the end of the day you're pleading with me to see things how YOU see them and I specifically don't do that because I believe you view the world in a sad and twisted manner where you have absolutely no agency in life, no say over anything, you're a victim acted upon by everyone else. You DREAM that you're a revolutionary while you do nothing but tilt at windmills Don Quixote. Like Ta-Nehisi Coates you fetishize white supremacy, if it's not an imminent threat who are you and what are you doing with your life?

So who are you and what are you doing with your life?

I addressed the issue as I see it. Reparations #1 will never happen and #2 they're a pandering so low it's unimaginable. It shows how desperate the Democrats are...but you want to make this about ME... I've never owned a slave not now not ever, I've never kept anyone from doing anything based on their race, but I am supposed to pay because I'm Christian? I am supposed to pay because I believe I'm not a perfect human? Great reasoning.

Now as I asked before "play it out, say Reparations happen. Then what?" It's not "a game" it's a question and you didn't answer as per usual.

You're super good at standing in judgment of others, you're piss poor at taking your own advice.

Thread Information