Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: USA soccer

Share/Bookmark
    El Kabong Guest

Default USA soccer

USA's team has looked ok (the under 20 team that is)...the men's national team just held open tryouts in the Copa America and they didn't lose HUGE to any team I mean 3-1 to Paraguay and 4-1 to Argentina ain't the closest but it's not a total blowout. Out of 3 games the US lost 3 and didn't seem to try to win any of the games because Johnson, Twellman, Keller, and Conrad were the only regulars playing.

The US under 20 team is on FIRE they beat Poland 6-1 and Freddy Adu scored a hat trick. Here are the highlites

[youtube=425,350]_DgOkYb01ZI[/youtube]

Freddy Adu's first goal is what everyone expects of him that was a brilliant goal

El Kabong Guest

Default Re: USA soccer

....oh and the US u-20 team plays Brazil today at 7:30 on ESPNU

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

interesting to see if adu can really cut it at one of the big clubs, see like a good young talent.
    dont Fuck with the chuck

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I wish they had sent a better team to Copa America, instead of just the B team. Considering they had the better team out there for the Gold Cup. Its clear we can win the Gold Cup, when it comes down to it, that's just pretty much us and Mexico.

I don't know what Adu's problem has been in the MLS although I haven't seen him much this year. Nice goal though. The other young guy, the forward Altidore that's like 16 or 17 is as good a prospect to me.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sorry if this offends but it's...ASSOSIATION FOOTBALL.
    FOOTBALL......!!!!! not soccer!
    Thanks for your time and please...continue

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by OumaFan
    I wish they had sent a better team to Copa America, instead of just the B team. Considering they had the better team out there for the Gold Cup. Its clear we can win the Gold Cup, when it comes down to it, that's just pretty much us and Mexico.

I don't know what Adu's problem has been in the MLS although I haven't seen him much this year. Nice goal though. The other young guy, the forward Altidore that's like 16 or 17 is as good a prospect to me.
    Agreed but the MLS and Euro teams did not wan't to continue to loan their players out.. I mean the team that wen't to Copa America was missing 7 starters/quality/top of the line players....
    But then again I can't complain cause thats one less team Argentina has to worry about....

THE MESSI' AH

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMick

Agreed but the MLS and Euro teams did not wan't to continue to loan their players out.. I mean the team that wen't to Copa America was missing 7 starters/quality/top of the line players....
    But then again I can't complain cause thats one less team Argentina has to worry about....

THE MESSI' AH

Do you have a video of that goal Messi scored, I heard it was a great goal but never saw it.

Not like I think we would have won by any means but it would have been nice to see our best team go down there.

Also on the video, thought number 15 looked pretty good, never heard of him.

Smashup, is Tottenham keeping Berbatov? I saw they got Bent, does that mean Defoe's gone.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

An another note the Mexico U-20 team kicked Portugals ass yesterday 2-1 and has advanced on to the next round....

Let's not forget this is almost the exact same team that won the U-17 FIFA World Cup when they beat Brazil in the finals 3-0....

USA plays Brazil today should be a really good game....

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ouma what goal you talkin' bout?
    Against who?

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ouma what goal you talkin' bout?
    Against who?
    From this year, in the Spanish league (I think), heard a lot about it, supposedly goal of the year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Let's not forget this is almost the exact same team that won the U-17 FIFA World Cup when they beat Brazil in the finals 3-0....
    Quality side!
    They are a joy to watch and they have awesome team unity... oh and they also have the great Giovanni Dos Santos too.
    That kid is insanely talented, one of the top prospects in world football for me along with Bojan Krkic.
    Gio scored yesterday I believe?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

From this year, in the Spanish league (I think), heard a lot about it, supposedly goal of the year.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwkusZnJtzM

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

CC That was ridiculously good.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

CC That was ridiculously good.
    Thats cause you ain't seen this other one he scored.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3i-b3qE-hA

El Kabong Guest

He has NO ONE around him he's THE Salt Lake City team!

I can't understand why anyone would have traded Freddy to begin with much less to fucking SALT LAKE it's NOWHERE!!! He needs to be in New York, LA, or on a top teir team like Houston. I think he'll grow out of the MLS pretty soon especially with goals like he scored vs Poland.

Jozy Altidore is THE MAN...look at this his first career goal in the MLS at age 16
    [youtube=425,350]BOY-e7xHM8k[/youtube]

Thread Information