Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is Carl Frampton "Fighter of the Year" so far in 2016?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Is Carl Frampton "Fighter of the Year" so far in 2016?

I think so.

What do you think?

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Is Carl Frampton "Fighter of the Year" so far in 2016?

Nobody else jumps out at me, and even though I scored Santa Cruz over him slightly the result stands so that's two major pick em fights he's won. If Crawford were to fight Pacquiao in November and win impressively he'd probably edge it, and maybe if there's a big winner between Kovalev and Ward also, or if Brook somehow upset GGG, they'd have strong cases. Mind you Frampton could have a big fight again also before the years over.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Unifying world titles in a division against a 31-0 fighter, then moving up in weight and winning a title against a 32-0 highly-regarded boxer is an impressive achievement.

Mentioned
    503 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    I think so.

What do you think?
    He can't be called "Fighter of the Year" because he has ducked this guy.

Actually it's Barry McGuigan who is the real coward. He just wants to protect his asset. But if Frampton really put his foot down. The Rigo fight would be more likely to happen.

Frampton says: prestige "is an important thing" Well he's just had a money fight against Santa Cruz. Why not try to beat Rigondeaux for your legacy now?

Rigondeaux has had all these fake champs running from 122. If Frampton really considers himself a great, he should fight Rigo, otherwise Frampton will pass in boxing history as another coward who ran scared from the king.

Rigo would smash Frampton. Rigo boxes better, defends better, has better speed, and hits harder. The problem is nobody within 2 weight classes has the skill to make a fight with Rigo exciting. Don't blame the master. Rigo would finish Frampton as Rigo did to Donaire.

But it's only one fight.

• What about the glory it would bring Frampton for having fighting the best 122 in the world ?
    • What about the glory of fighting a two time Olympic gold medalists ?
    • What about daring to defeat a legend ?

Roc Nation doesn't give a shit about Rigo. Jay Z seems happy for him to go fight on small shows in the UK. They are not exactly breaking their backs to promote him. Jay Z you're a multi multi millionaire with an equal rich wife just throw 3-4 million in that Irish Leprechauns face and trust me he'll fight Rigo.

Where was Panticruz last night ? He got exposed as an Al Haymon fabrication.

I like Carl Frampton. But I'll always remember him for ducking Rigo, LSC too will be remembered for the same thing. They gave their titles up and left the division just not to fight him.
    Last edited by denilson200; 08-01-2016 at 08:12 AM.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Have to admit that the first thing I thought when I came into this thread was that he ducked Rigo, regardless of that though I think at the moment he is in with a shout for fighter of the year

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

At the moment, yes. By the end of the year, probably not.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If the year wrapped at the halfway point he makes the mix. Still have multiple p4p types in fights before end..Kovalev v Ward, Manny v Crawford someguy, Chocolatito and Cuadras. Frampton should have fought Rigo no doubt. But not cleaning division left Rigo holding the tab and Carl has the options. We know Rigo is a better boxer but he is being forced obscure mandatories while Framptons next play is his biggest so far. Frampton v Cuellar I'd watch in a second. Frampton v Santa Cruz II I'd rent a theater. Honestly if Golovkin destroys Brook it just means at least the accountants are still awake.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well you could argue that it's a good thing he moved up "ducking" Rigo because we got a great fight. And fights with Russel Jr and Selby would be more appealing too.

Do you want to see great fights or apparent mismatches? (if you believe Rigo will slaughter all these guys, what's the point?)

Fighter of the year? He's unified against an unbeaten fighter in a match regarded 50-50 then stepped up in weight, traveled across the pond and as underdog beat another unbeaten champion. Some going.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Frampton only got $500,000 whereas LSC got $1 million form their fight. If Rigo has got Jay Z he could easily afford the fight with Frampton.

What Carl has achieved was equally as hard as beating Rigo.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Frampton only got $500,000 whereas LSC got $1 million form their fight. If Rigo has got Jay Z he could easily afford the fight with Frampton.

Now come on, it was a great achievement and a great win, and I don't want to take anything away from him. But if beating Rigo was "equally hard", why didn't he just go ahead and do it?
    without wanting to sound like I'm doubting you, I also believe he earned a helluva lot more than $500k.
    Frampton's not the only guy out there avoiding a fighter, but it shouldn't be allowed to happen. Just the way it is (as Bruce Hornsby and the range once said.)

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post

Now come on, it was a great achievement and a great win, and I don't want to take anything away from him. But if beating Rigo was "equally hard", why didn't he just go ahead and do it?
    without wanting to sound like I'm doubting you, I also believe he earned a helluva lot more than $500k.
    Frampton's not the only guy out there avoiding a fighter, but it shouldn't be allowed to happen. Just the way it is (as Bruce Hornsby and the range once said.)
    He has moved up weight, taken on an undefeated US fighter in his homeland for a world title being the big under dog is just as good, if not better than beating Rigo.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Im starting to think Frampton could beat Rigo at 126. Rigo is getting old. Hes been inactive and he is chinny. Still have Rigo as a strong fav but in a year or 2 it could be a close fight.

As for Fighter of the Year Id say at the moment he is top of the list but their is plenty of guys who could pass him out, mainly Crawford or the Kov Ward winner.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah so far. Really glad for him.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bit off topic but I think Quig wins a rematch with Frampton and a shift in tactics. Doubtful that a rematch will happen for that very reason. Plus the weight changes but nether the less a fight i would like to see again.

Crackin fight on Saturday night hats off to to the clones clone.
    Last edited by KickMuck; 08-02-2016 at 10:23 AM.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Silkeyjoe View Post

Im starting to think Frampton could beat Rigo at 126. Rigo is getting old. Hes been inactive and he is chinny. Still have Rigo as a strong fav but in a year or 2 it could be a close fight.

As for Fighter of the Year Id say at the moment he is top of the list but their is plenty of guys who could pass him out, mainly Crawford or the Kov Ward winner.
    Don't get me wrong, I reckon you could be right. I've backed against Frampton in his last 2 fights and he's proved me wrong. If he were to fight Selby or Rigo , I would probably back against him again, but he keeps proving me wrong.
    my point is , and it doesn't only apply to Frampton, that the governing bodies should grow some balls and insist on the best fighting the best. I could think of loads of guys that are guilty, Eubank jr, Quigg, Adonis, Canelo, Every top MW, all the WW's, Khan, just to name a few. It's ridiculous.

Thread Information