Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default No Mas?

Come on guys, let’s define quitting in a boxing match.

BJS will get a load of abuse after what he said about Dubois.

It’s still not been confirmed that the eye socket was fractured or broken etc but it was a perfectly timed shot from the banned drug cheat Canelo.

If BJS continued after that damage he would have been easily knocked out.

It was the right decision for his career but what happens in his career from this point?

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: No Mas?

Yes it was a no mas.

BJS should fight Eubank but they have each other so much that he will not give Eubank the rematch be graves.

Callum Smith would have been good but he will move to light heavyweight.

BJS needs to build again if he wants Golovkin but think he should move down to middleweight.

BJS v Cash or Liam Williams would be good.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Yes it was a no mas.

BJS should fight Eubank but they have each other so much that he will not give Eubank the rematch be graves.

BJS needs to build again if he wants Golovkin but think he should move down to middleweight.

I doubt we’ll ever see him in a ring again for a number of reasons to be honest.
    1. He’s just earned £5 Million and not one of those fights mentioned above will earn him any more than a quarter of that, so why would he be motivated to fight?
    2.IMO, He’s gonna spend a bit of time mending, then he’s gonna start blowing his wedge, with Zero interest in stepping between the ropes.
    3. We’ve seen what this type of injury did to Kell Brook, and I don’t see BJS having the motivation or desire to go again.
    4. He’ll have doubts in his mind naturally, and with that in mind, there is now way he would give Eubank Jr.
    The chance to beat him when he’s on the slide. Don’t blame him tbf.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Nasty injury and could well be a career ending one, how anyone can call it a "no mas" incident when it was his trainer Mark Tibbs who pulled him out is laughable.

According to Mike Coppinger, Saunders (30-1, 14 KOs) will be having surgery on Sunday at the John Peter Smith Hospital in Fort Worth, Texas.

He spoke to Saunder’s promoter Eddie Hearn today at the hospital, and he informed him that Billy Joe had suffered what’s known as a “quadruped fracture” of his right orbital bone in the 8th round against Canelo.

Surgery will be performed today with the hope of repairing the problem. It’s unknown if Saunders will ever fight again.

The injury occurred when Canelo (56-1-2, 38 KOs) caught Saunders with a right-hand uppercut to his right eye area while he was leaning forward in the eighth round in their unification clash at the AT&T Stadium in Arlington, Texas.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by smashup View Post
    Nasty injury and could well be a career ending one, how anyone can call it a "no mas" incident when it was his trainer Mark Tibbs who pulled him out is laughable.

According to Mike Coppinger, Saunders (30-1, 14 KOs) will be having surgery on Sunday at the John Peter Smith Hospital in Fort Worth, Texas.

He spoke to Saunder’s promoter Eddie Hearn today at the hospital, and he informed him that Billy Joe had suffered what’s known as a “quadruped fracture” of his right orbital bone in the 8th round against Canelo.

Surgery will be performed today with the hope of repairing the problem. It’s unknown if Saunders will ever fight again.

The injury occurred when Canelo (56-1-2, 38 KOs) caught Saunders with a right-hand uppercut to his right eye area while he was leaning forward in the eighth round in their unification clash at the AT&T Stadium in Arlington, Texas.
    That’s not good news.

We must also remember the abuse that Daniel Dubois suffered from BJS and many others calling him a quitter!

There’s obviously “levels” of quitting then?

Mark did the right thing and BJS never complained about it - he was content with the decision.

Amir Khan is a perfect example of someone quitting against Crawford.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

BJS quote about Dubois. He is a piece of trash.
    Attached Images

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

As a wise woman I celebrate this day would often say..what goes around comes around. Saunders looks foolish. Brutal legit injury though and makes me wonder how many guys from decades gone by took something similar but didn't have the ringside diagnosis and instant media follow up. Knowing your face is plated back together has to be a major thing to overcome mentally and guys like Saunders would seem to struggle more with it.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

some fighters are tougher than others
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by smashup View Post

It's 100% a No Mas. The guy quit it's that simple. He went to his corner and pretty much told them he couldn't see. Which is pretty much telling them

"Get me the fuck out of here. I don't want no more"

It's the reason he didn't protest it. He wanted it stopped. There's no way he knew at that time that it was broken. He just wanted it stopped. He didn't even ask for one more round. He wanted out. Diego Corrales I'm sure rolled over in his grave at Saunders cowardly act.

As for his injury? It's a bad one. So fucking what? He could of fought through it. Monster Inoue got his orbit bone (and nose) broken in the 2nd round. He still fought 10 more rounds against the murderess punching Nonito Donaire. Not once did he even consider quitting. I understand Inoue and Saunders are not cut from the same cloth. Saunders should of still fought on. Or at least pretended he wanted to fight on
    The wicked shall die by there own wickedness.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What a fucking idiot...

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Fury would have possibly fought on?

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by imp View Post
    Does not matter if he would or not. It was the correct decision from his corner and saved Saunders permanent life changing repercussions from the injury. BJS face was indented and that was a shockingly brutal injury.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/boxin...-quit-24119021
    Last edited by Master; 05-16-2021 at 10:53 AM.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by imp View Post

You're thinking about the knockdown against Wilder in their 1st fight.

One thing is to get up from a punch which knocks you senseless for a few seconds... but you beat the count and feel you can continue. Quite another is to suddenly have your face caved in by a punch which breaks numerous bones in your eye socket, thrown by a former junior welter. When you look at it from that point of view, things look a lot different.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Yes it was a no mas.

I doubt we’ll ever see him in a ring again for a number of reasons to be honest.
    1. He’s just earned £5 Million and not one of those fights mentioned above will earn him any more than a quarter of that, so why would he be motivated to fight?
    2.IMO, He’s gonna spend a bit of time mending, then he’s gonna start blowing his wedge, with Zero interest in stepping between the ropes.
    3. We’ve seen what this type of injury did to Kell Brook, and I don’t see BJS having the motivation or desire to go again.
    4. He’ll have doubts in his mind naturally, and with that in mind, there is now way he would give Eubank Jr.
    im not sure the money is a convincing argument

if i had 5 million pounds and someone offered me another 1.25 million id still be interested
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by erics44 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Yes it was a no mas.

im not sure the money is a convincing argument

if i had 5 million pounds and someone offered me another 1.25 million id still be interested
    Even though you would be risking blindness?
    Also imagine you were earning a grand a week and you lost your job. Another company offers you £250 a week to take the same job, maybe even start a tad lower and work your way up the ladder. Would you take it?
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Thread Information