Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Cotto-Gomez Still Not Done: Money Issues

Moments after breaking the news of WBA welterweight champion Miguel Cotto defending the title against Contender star Alfonso Gomez on April 12 at the Boardwalk Hall in Atlantic City, BoxingScene.com was contacted by a very credible source who says the Cotto-Gomez fight is far from done.

There appears to be a serious issue with the money. Gomez's manager, Gary Gittelson, has not yet accepted the financial terms that were offered by Top Rank.

Should the Cotto-Gomez fight fall apart, Joshua Clottey is said to be the frontrunner to take Gomez's place on the April 12 card.

I hope Cotto fights Clottey. damn you BOB
    Que Viva Puerto Rico
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Cotto-Gomez Still Not Done: Money Issues

I'd sooner see him fight someone has a chance of beating him.

Luis Collazo would be a good opponent for him.
    http://instagram.com/jonnyboy_85_/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Got to be Williams. This fight has to be made in 2008.

But Collazo would be a good step in. CC ono!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ono
    I'd sooner see him fight someone has a chance of beating him.

Luis Collazo would be a good opponent for him.
    Im sorry ,but i think that you are getting CRAZY , Do yu saw the fight of Mosley vs Collazo? , damn you even dont know what are you talking about.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Puya
    http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=12178

Moments after breaking the news of WBA welterweight champion Miguel Cotto defending the title against Contender star Alfonso Gomez on April 12 at the Boardwalk Hall in Atlantic City, BoxingScene.com was contacted by a very credible source who says the Cotto-Gomez fight is far from done.

There appears to be a serious issue with the money. Gomez's manager, Gary Gittelson, has not yet accepted the financial terms that were offered by Top Rank.

Should the Cotto-Gomez fight fall apart, Joshua Clottey is said to be the frontrunner to take Gomez's place on the April 12 card.

Mi Paaaaaannnnnaaaaa!!! Como estas?

For starters CC#305 for the picture of the 3 PR greats. It would be great to have a picture with Gomez, Calderon, Tito & Cotto.

Anyways... I was one of those who was hoping Cotto got a gimmie fight but now that I've been thinking about it he might as well go for it. I mean hes not getting any younger and Clottey or Williams fight win/loose or draw would be great for him.

Something tells me why will Cintron vs. Cotto sooner then Cotto vs. Williams.
    Battle of the PR's...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

god damn i dont see the point of this fight at all, We all saw what happened to Manfredo when he fought Calzaghe this fight will have the same result over before its begun. Cotto will destroy Gomez within a few rounds poor match up plain and simple ano Cotto wants to stay active but imo its a waste of a training camp he should go for Clottey instead at least it will be competative he push Margarito untill he got injured.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I saw an article at boxingsc**** and they are saying the money issue is resolved and it is almost a done deal.

I don't know what all the fuss is about. I think it will be an entertaining fight. We all know this is a tune up to a likely matchup with Margarito. Margarito is a huge threat and if Cotto fought no one else this year but Margarito, I would be satisfied.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMick

For starters CC#305 for the picture of the 3 PR greats. It would be great to have a picture with Gomez, Calderon, Tito & Cotto.

Anyways... I was one of those who was hoping Cotto got a gimmie fight but now that I've been thinking about it he might as well go for it. I mean hes not getting any younger and Clottey or Williams fight win/loose or draw would be great for him.

Battle of the PR's...

Chamacoooo!!!!

Well at first I was thinking WTF but now I'm kind of cool with it ( I really can't do anything about it anyways). But after this fight I hope he fights either Margarito if he wins(I'm sure he will) or PW (since PBF and Oscar chickened out) or PW. and Show this supposedly P4P how it's done.
    Que Viva Puerto Rico
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMick
    Quote Originally Posted by Puya
    http://www.AUTO MESSAGE: SORRY THIS SITE NAME AND ANY CONTENT FROM IT IS BANNED FROM THIS FORUM PLEASE DELETE.com/?m=show&id=12178

Moments after breaking the news of WBA welterweight champion Miguel Cotto defending the title against Contender star Alfonso Gomez on April 12 at the Boardwalk Hall in Atlantic City, AUTO MESSAGE: SORRY THIS SITE NAME AND ANY CONTENT FROM IT IS BANNED FROM THIS FORUM PLEASE DELETE.com was contacted by a very credible source who says the Cotto-Gomez fight is far from done.

Battle of the PR's...

Shit was that kid in the middle Ivan Calderon

I was thinking it was Puya and he was maybe 15 years old

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

LOL you bastard

sadly I'm twice 15 and twice Ivan Calderon in height
    Que Viva Puerto Rico
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Cotto Gomez is done Puya and bro,we're not allowed to post links from boxingscene.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Gamo
    Cotto Gomez is done Puya and bro,we're not allowed to post links from boxingscene.
    Oh shit really? my bad
    Que Viva Puerto Rico
    Hidden Content

Thread Information