Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Vasyl Lomachenko is P4P #1

- Andre Ward was not impressive in his last fight, getting knocked down and receiving a gift decision from the judges, needing to use very negative tactics to survive the distance

- Sergey Kovalev was not especially impressive, although he clearly did enough to deserve to win

- Roman Gonzalez was not especially impressive in his past two fights, although he probably should have received a win in his last fight

- Age 35 Gennady Golovkin looked a bit past his best in his last fight, although he's still very good and won the fight against a very strong opponent in Daniel Jacobs

In contrast, Vasyl Lomachenko has been very impressive in his past three fights, completely dominating world-class opponents.

I'm not sure how to accurately sort out the rest of the top ten P4P, but it seems clear to me that Lomachenko should be P4P #1 at this time.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I disagree with what you said about Ward and GGG but Loma is good. I think triple G is the best.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Vasyl Lomachenko is P4P #1

I'm not a big fan of p4p nonsense , and Loma has a fair shout , but to say Ward and Kovalev weren't impressive is not only unfair, but pretty ridiculous.
    You have to take quality of opposition into consideration and basically 2 of the the top 3 were fighting each other. You could look at it a different way and say Ward and Kov were both impressive, and Ward beat a top 2 or 3 P4p guy so should be no.1 ? And Kov was an unlucky loser against the no.1 perhaps?

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    I'm not a big fan of p4p nonsense , and Loma has a fair shout , but to say Ward and Kovalev weren't impressive is not only unfair, but pretty ridiculous.
    You have to take quality of opposition into consideration and basically 2 of the the top 3 were fighting each other. You could look at it a different way and say Ward and Kov were both impressive, and Ward beat a top 2 or 3 P4p guy so should be no.1 ? And Kov was an unlucky loser against the no.1 perhaps?
    Agreed. Loma is a great fighter, but has never fought anybody near the caliber of kovalev or ward (in the pros at least). Ward started out slow in his fight but looked really good later in the fight. Kovalev performed by far better than anybody that Ward has ever faced. Ward generally destroys everyone.

If Loma fights and beats Garcia, then he will most likely be #1 p4p in my eyes.

Just look at it this way. If Ward fought people on the level Sosa, it would be a blowout too. Same with kovalev. Loma still needs a few more fights probably.

At the end of it though, Crawford may be #1.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I can't remember the last time it was so difficult to award someone no.1 p4p title
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    Ward generally destroys everyone.
    Destroys?

Ward's KO ratio is below 50%. He couldn't even stop an undersized journeyman like Alexander Brand.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    - Andre Ward was not impressive in his last fight, getting knocked down and receiving a gift decision from the judges, needing to use very negative tactics to survive the distance- Sergey Kovalev was not especially impressive, although he clearly did enough to deserve to win- Roman Gonzalez was not especially impressive in his past two fights, although he probably should have received a win in his last fight- Age 35 Gennady Golovkin looked a bit past his best in his last fight, although he's still very good and won the fight against a very strong opponent in Daniel JacobsIn contrast, Vasyl Lomachenko has been very impressive in his past three fights, completely dominating world-class opponents. I'm not sure how to accurately sort out the rest of the top ten P4P, but it seems clear to me that Lomachenko should be P4P #1 at this time.
    Agree on all points but Terrance Crawford and Mikey Garcia are no lower than lomachenko.Plus he does have a loss against Salido. Soon, Errol Spence will make it easy to say who is #1 P4P I think. I see Anthony Joshua rising to the top as well. At least, I hope so.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    Ward generally destroys everyone.
    Destroys?

Ward's KO ratio is below 50%. He couldn't even stop an undersized journeyman like Alexander Brand.
    When I say destroy that doesn't necessarily mean to knockout the opponent. It means that he wins at least 10 rounds of every fight other than kovalev.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I agree with MarkTKO, and just think it's cool that there is an argument again. It's always going to be impossible to say whether you base it more on a guys record or the form he is currently showing. Personally I think Loma is clearly at the top now, he hasn't yet been in a Ward-Kovalev type of match up, I just think he is better than those guys and that's all there is to it. If he fights Mikey Garcia and wins(I think he should be heavily favored) then that would probably change some peoples tunes, but realistically he is the same fighter. There is nobody whatsoever at 130 who is going to give him a good fight right now, so that's all we can hope for.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lomachenko is amazing to watch and those sillks are definitely hard to ignore. Like others have said Ward & Kov are also in the arguement, Ward went up a division to fight the #1 guy, many thought Kov won. It was close either way. Gonzalez is fighting the top guys in his 4th weight class and was robbed in that last fight so he should still be considered also. Loma has that loss to Salido and although it was very early in his pro career he was beaten by a guy Mikey had already beaten. Like @Hulk said Crawford isn't far off and Spence could be included with a win over Brook. I also agree with @MARKTKO that it's been awhile since there has been such competition and debate on the #1 guy. Last time I remember it being disputed besides Floyd & Pac was possibly between Jones Jr, Trinidad & Mosley if my memory serves me correctly. I'm not really interested in P4P lists but I wouldn't have Loma at #1 just yet. A win over the potential Garcia/ Linares winner will strengthen his case.

Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He is the best by some way in my opinion.
    He has probably even eclipsed this man.
    Last edited by Dark Lord Al; 04-13-2017 at 07:35 PM.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I disagree, I think Ward and Kovalev were unimpresive. They are both very limited fighters. The only unlimited fighter is someone who can throw a hundred punches a round and not get tired like Calzaghe. Even when slowed against someone like Hopkins he still throws and lands a lot more. Kovalev is a 40 punches a round guy and breathes heavy doing it and and Ward is even less active and clinches to get through it.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    I disagree, I think Ward and Kovalev were unimpresive. They are both very limited fighters. The only unlimited fighter is someone who can throw a hundred punches a round and not get tired like Calzaghe. Even when slowed against someone like Hopkins he still throws and lands a lot more. Kovalev is a 40 punches a round guy and breathes heavy doing it and and Ward is even less active and clinches to get through it.
    Floyd didn't used to throw 100 punches a round, and he didn't do bad.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I've only seen Lomachenko fight once and as skilled as he is I hardly see how someone with 9 fights can be considered for #1. And one of those also a loss.

He may well get there but not worthy yet

The end
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

His record is as good as most in just 9 fights
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.