Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Looks like Chavez jr.-Alphonso Gomez isn't gonna happen

Haven't heard anything about this so Dan Rafael is saying that Arum is not gonna make a Chavez Jr.-Gomez fight.

Cause the Chavez jr.-Sanchez did so well on PPV Arum wants him to continue fighting on PPV and a Gomez fight would have been for less money on regular HBO. According to Arum.

Says he's gonna have Chavez fighting on PPV about once a month till he has his "breakout" year in 2009.

I guess its a good business move. I won't be buying the PPVs but I guess enough people will.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Looks like Chavez jr.-Alphonso Gomez isn't gonna happen

Yeah probably a good move. I think both fighters are at a different pace and point in their careers so I dont think the timing is quite right for the to clash. There are plenty of other guys to fight anyways.
    Psalm 144: Blessed be the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Personally I was looking forward to it Oh well, plenty of others that can/will happen next year
    Hidden Content

Marching Towards the Abyss...............

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by LEGION
    Personally I was looking forward to it Oh well, plenty of others that can/will happen next year
    Me too, it looked a great matchup and I'm a big fan of Gomez and if he won this he would probbably not be seen as a "Contender" any more like Mora and Manfredo.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You know Arum's gonna try to keep feeding Chavez guys he's almost certainly gonna beat for as long as he can.

Even though 2009 seems a ways away who knows if he'll even step him up that much then since he's making so much money anyway fighting lower level guys.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by OumaFan
    You know Arum's gonna try to keep feeding Chavez guys he's almost certainly gonna beat for as long as he can.

Even though 2009 seems a ways away who knows if he'll even step him up that much then since he's making so much money anyway fighting lower level guys.
    Exactly.

And also he has no amatuer experience so Arum even has the perfect excuse to keep on finding these sort of opponents.
    http://instagram.com/jonnyboy_85_/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

or maybe to go 100 fights undefeated

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Gomez is too dangerous at this point, they were trying to make it seem like Ray Sanchez was some heavy hitting slick boxer. He is just a average fighter with a padded record. JCC jr lost already in Mexico, but they ruled it a draw.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by No Contest
    Gomez is too dangerous at this point, they were trying to make it seem like Ray Sanchez was some heavy hitting slick boxer. He is just a average fighter with a padded record. JCC jr lost already in Mexico, but they ruled it a draw.
    Which fight was that? I read this too Oumafan However,I'll give JCC JNR the benefit of the doubt,hewas always going to have a slow learning curve considering he had 0 amatuer fights.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The fight was very close it could have easily gone either way. It was ruled a draw and that's that.
    They re-matched and JCC Jr. beat him.

Quote Originally Posted by El Gamo
    Which fight was that? I read this too Oumafan However,I'll give JCC JNR the benefit of the doubt,hewas always going to have a slow learning curve considering he had 0 amatuer fights.
    It was against Carlos Molina.... It was a tough fight for both and like I said it could have gone either way.
    He gave Molina the rematch 2 months later and beat him by MD.

ICB Guest

What a shame i like both fighters and this was a chance for. Gomez to finally prove he isn't just an average reality TV boxer, and for Chavez Jr to beat his first good opponent and establish himself in the WW division. Chavez Jr has good boxing skills/good outside fighter, complete opposite to his Father. And as for Gomez he was my favorite one in the Contender and he has got a lot better since coming out of the contender. He uses a good solid jab, combination's/good outside fighter like Chavez Jr, really disappointed this one isn't happening.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by OumaFan

I think Chavez would of beaten Gomez without much problems

Thread Information