Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Smokers R us

FOr those who smoke..... it is not a good idea to be underage but if you cant do anything about it eh bill they passed about public smoking is in affect june 1st so. if you smke in a bar you are shit out of luck.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Smokers R us

Where I live, you haven't been able to smoke indoors for several years. Furthermore, they now have laws prohibiting smoking within a certain distance from windows, vents, doors etc.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

well they are just banning any privelage that the smokers of america have and they might as well make smoking illegal if you cant do it any where anymore.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Montage View Post
    well they are just banning any privelage that the smokers of america have and they might as well make smoking illegal if you cant do it any where anymore.
    we haven't been able to smoke indoors in a few years bro..

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It is a good thing and you will thank the government in the long term.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    I agree. It's an inconvenience for smokers, but it's directly beneficial for non-smokers. I HATE being in a room filled with smoke, I can feel it in my throat the next day.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i smoke when i drink only, but its not fair that others have to breath in my smoke so i agree with the ban

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think its fucking bullshit. I don't smoke, but if I want to, I should be able to. I want smoking everywhere: Planes, elevators, I want the world to be a FUCKING neon haze.
    I hate these motherfuckers who wake up in the morning just wanting to legislate. I wish these do-gooders had more to do with their pointless petty lives than to get more laws and legislation out against us.

I want to run for a state seat someday and when I get their I am going to vote NO on every Fucking thing that comes in front of me except maybe a budget or repealing laws.

Planning and zoning is THE WORST. Houston gets along fine without planning and zoning, yet everyone thinks it has to be planned out. And if planning and zoning works so damn well........why do you have to pay to park (if you can get a parking spot) in every city I have been to? Bullshit.

People should mind their own business.
    "If there's a better chin in the world than Pryor's, it has to be on Mount Rushmore." -Pat Putnam.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

ok i got to say that if a person wants to smoke they should be able to have the freedom to light up if it were that i was in a diner, a bar it dont matter. but really if i gotta be told i can only smoke in the car. wow. that is pretty messed up. but i got to say sorry for smoking around people who dont smoke. but i also understand all of this that you dont like to breath in the smoke. sorry for that.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

ok i got to say that if a person wants to smoke they should be able to have the freedom to light up if it were that i was in a diner, a bar it dont matter. but really if i gotta be told i can only smoke in the car. wow. that is pretty messed up. but i got to say sorry for smoking around people who dont smoke. but i also understand all of this that you dont like to breath in the smoke. sorry for that.
    It's not that people just don't like it, it's that they don't like dying early from a horrible disease which has been proven to be caused by both first and second hand smoke. It might be an inconvenience for you to have to go outside for a smoke, but cancer is much more than an inconvenience.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

OK i gotta agree with you there.... sorry for debating that.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

OK i gotta agree with you there.... sorry for debating that.
    No need to be sorry. I smoked for 10ish years, and I was annoyed when the bans first came into affect. However, I quickly got used to it and discovered it wasn't that big of a deal.

Now that I don't smoke (unless I'm drinking), I hate being in a room with smokers. I can feel it in my lungs for days afterwards, and it makes me and my clothes stink etc.

I don't think smoking should be outlawed or anything, people have the right to do what they want. However, I completely understand restrictions on indoor smoking.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Yeah because in the end they can live my life better than me

I'm from North Carolina and I admit smoking is bad for you (I've lost family members to cancer as I assume most everyone has) but it's done PLENTY good for my state. First a little family history, my Mom's Dad and my Dad's Dad both died from cancer...my Mom's Dad died at age 37 of breast cancer which is one of the most fatal cancers in men. And I have had other family members pass because of smoking, but I'll still have a cigar once in a while and I go to bars where people smoke but you see, I DECIDE to have a cigar and I DECIDE to go to bars where people smoke and I AM RESPONSIBLE if any of my actions lead to me getting cancer or maybe I will get cancer in some other way because you don't have to smoke to get it or be prone to get it.

Big Tobacco may have been Washington DC's big enemy in the 1990's but let me tell you Big Tobacco built the state of the art hospitals that are now home to some of the best Cancer Research Facilities/Treatment Centers there are! Big Tobacco built the University of North Carolina system, Duke University, and Wake Forrest and the hospitals that those Universities spawned. Big Tobacco is the reason North Carolina has good infrastructure, and it's the reason North Carolina is not a 3rd rate state in a 1st rate country.

People CHOOSE to smoke, the warning label is on the fucking box, the advertisements, and on TV all fucking day!!!! All the anti-tobacco ads really piss me off, because #1 The Tobacco companies are forced to pay for them #2 The girl with the little voice box dealy was just fucking dumb.....hey, I'm sorry your voice box got taken out because of cancer but honey you're 29 and ever since I can remember (I'm 26) it's been taught to me by school, the news, my parents, etc "Tobacco use can cause cancer and other health issues"

Tell me you like seeing this shit everywhere....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMD0RyQQhAk
    ....I wish one of those girls would marry me

You know, if I am not mistaken people died before cigarettes were invented. I'm glad the liberals are in charge to tell us what to do.....without the government's help, I would be lost
    Last edited by El Kabong; 04-22-2009 at 06:30 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

yeah i understand that and i will eventually get used to the new law but now i think i will still be a little ticked off about it but mainly because i like to smoke but i beleive it is a terrible thing to smell that way but really it releives stress for me.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

yeah i understand that and i will eventually get used to the new law but now i think i will still be a little ticked off about it but mainly because i like to smoke but i beleive it is a terrible thing to smell that way but really it releives stress for me.
    You'll get used to it soon enough. It actually turns smoking in to a bit of a social tool as you end up outside work/the bar with all the other smokers etc. and you end up talking to them. Maybe you'll meet a fine, chain-smoking lass and forget about the problem you posted in that other thread

Thread Information