Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Carl Frampton vs Tyler McCreary

Carl Frampton has promised a statement win in Last Vegas on Saturday night as he plots another world title shot.

Talks appear to be advancing towards a potential showdown with WBO world super-featherweight champion Jamel Herring in 2020.

Top Rank promoter Bob Arum has even suggested that fight could happen in Belfast next Spring .
    But first the Jackal has to see off the relatively unknown Tyler McCreary in Sin City on Saturday night.
    And with so much at stake, Frampton will be out to make a statement.

"I want to win this fight, but I want to knock this kid out," the two-weight world champion said.
    "It's a must-win. I have to win this fight to fight a champion in my next fight. I want to fight for a world title in my next fight, so I must beat Tyler McCreary.

"The plan is to become a three-weight world champion. That's my goal.

"Ireland has a rich history in boxing champions. We've produced so many great fighters and we're still doing it.

"But to be the guy on top and be the first and only guy to win three titles in three different divisions, it would mean the world to me."

Saturday's opponent comes with a modest record but remains unbeaten after 17 fights.

McCreary has won 16 and drawn once, with seven of his wins coming by knockout.

Despite being a massive underdog, the Ohio boxer has vowed to send Frampton into retirement at The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas.

And while the bookmakers' odds of that happening might be lengthy, Frampton accepts his opponent has everything to fight for.

"If he beats me, I'm pretty sure in his next fight he'll fight for a world title," Frampton said.

"It's not going to happen. I've prepared very hard for this fight. I've prepared like I'm an underdog, and I am going in to put on a show.

"To be honest, I want to win this fight, but I want to knock this kid out."

At 32, and following last year's devastating defeat to Josh Warrington, Frampton insists every fight in his career from now on is a must-win.

He considered retirement after losing to Warrington last December but decided to have another shot at world glory.

His scheduled comeback in August was derailed when he suffered a freak hand injury in the week leading up to his fight against Emmanuel Dominguez.

But now fully recovered and feeling in top shape, Frampton believes he has plenty more to offer at elite level.

"No matter who the opponent is, it's always going to be the biggest fight because of the situation I'm in now," he added.

"I have to win this fight to fight a champion in my next fight. I want to fight for a world title in my next fight, so I must beat Tyler McCreary.

"He thinks I have been overlooking him. Maybe that gives him some comfort and encouragement.
    "But I have been treating this fight as if it is a world title fight."

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...cid=spartanntp
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Carl Frampton vs Tyler McCreary

Inspired by epic Morales-Barrera fights, Oscar Valdez is out for legendary status

Oscar Valdez has dreams, big dreams. He wants to rack up wins and knockouts, capture titles, thrill the fans and do all of those things that turn a boxer into a legend.

He was not 10 years old when he first knew that this was what he wanted, when on Feb. 19, 2000, at the Mandalay Bay Events Center, Erik Morales and Marco Antonio Barrera met in a fight for the ages.

It was a breathtakingly brutal affair in which the then-bitter rivals tore into each other with an almost frightening savagery from the first bell. They instantly became heroes among the citizens of their boxing-mad homeland, Mexico, and well beyond.

“If you love boxing, how could you not love those fights,” Valdez said, the excitement evident even now, nearly two decades after first they met.

What Valdez loved as much as the action was the reaction to it. The brutal battle — and their two equally brutal bouts which followed it — left fans in awe of them. There was a respect given for what they were willing to endure in the ring in search of victory.

In his formative years, Valdez set a goal to generate that kind of reaction and earn that sort of respect for himself when he eventually became a pro.

Valdez is now 28, and a former featherweight champion with a 26-0 record and 20 knockouts. He’s well down the path of a Morales, a Barrera and a Juan Manuel Marquez, Mexican superstars of the late 20th and early 21st century who had such a huge impact on him.

He gave up his WBO featherweight title after his last bout, a runaway unanimous win over Jason Sanchez in June in Reno, no longer able to safely cut to 126 pounds. He’ll debut at super featherweight on Saturday (10 p.m. ET, ESPN+) at the Cosmopolitan when he meets Andres Gutierrez in the co-feature bout of the night.

Around the time that Valdez announced he would abandon his belt, Shakur Stevenson became the top contender. The 2016 U.S. Olympian is one of the game’s most talented young fighters, and seemed a certain future champion.

When Valdez departed the division, he was criticized roundly in some quarters. And while he understands that’s the way of social media and tries to avoid it, the zingers that were directed his way hit their mark.

Valdez was, and remains, angered by it. Mostly, though, it’s those who come up to him in person and suggest he left the division because he was afraid of another man.

“I was having a lot of trouble making that weight and it was getting to the point where I had to move up,” Valdez said. “People were asking me that, and saying this and that, wondering if I’d gone up a weight because someone new came into my division.

“I’ve fought my whole life, since I was 8 years old, and I was never scared and I always tried to get the toughest fights. And that’s what I’m doing in this class. I’m taking this fight and then I want to fight [Miguel] ‘Alarcon’ Berchelt in my next fight for the title. I want to build my legacy and I know how that is done.

“You have to beat the top guys and you have to be in these great wars that people talk about forever. I look at what guys like Morales and Barrera and Marquez did and that’s what I have always wanted to do and that’s what I will do. I ain’t scared of nobody. I think some people are trying to give me a bad name.”

Valdez raved about Morales’ talent and his ability to stay cool under pressure. One of the things that he struggles with in his own career is veering from the game plan when he gets hit.

He is a slow starter, and it sometimes takes getting clocked to get himself into the fight. But he often abandons the strategy he developed over a months long camp when that occurs.

“When a fighter gets hit, sometimes it feels good,” Valdez said. “I know it sounds weird, but it kind of feels good and wakes you up and gets your adrenaline going and gets you into the fight. ...

“It’s like what Mike Tyson used to say. Everyone has a plan until they get hit in the face. But there have been a lot of fights where my plan has been to go in there and box for 12 rounds and I get caught early with a right hand or a clean left hook and the plan goes out the window and I’m there going toe-to-toe and brawling.”

It’s why, despite the occasional critic, few are complaining when Valdez fights. He’s trying to build the legend one punch at a time.

“You know, if I heard someone say that I am their idol and that they grew up watching me and I motivated them, that would be a dream come true,” he said. “We fight these fights for the fans and if I can give them what they want, I feel like I’ve really done my job the best I can.”

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/ins...172553462.html
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Andres Gutierrez weighs in heavy by inexcusable 11 lbs . Valdez get's a late sub opponent now. Tale of two types of 'professionals' here. Valdez has trouble making weight so he goes up to Spr Feather. Gutierrez has trouble making weight so apparently doubles down on the Thanksgiving left overs and sabotages a prime spot. The guy should be suspended honestly.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Finally broke down and went the espn+ route. Doesn't figure to have the volume of a dazn yet but honestly it's running a lot smother. 'live' actually means live so far . Carlos Adames heating up in 3rd v Teixeira and has him a bit wobbled in 4th. Annnd cut.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Pretty strong finish to the 5th for Teixeira and has Adames standing stock still for a minute. Best round for him by far.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Teixeira looks to be landing more than a few right on the beltline and Adames slowed. Becoming inside v outside battle but the eyes of Teixeira are really busted up

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oh wonderful..they do blank screen commercial breaks on the app too

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Insane 7th. Both standing still trading Adames down and looks out as he gets up. Brutal stuff

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Uppercuts of Teixeira raining in and Adames stutter stepping backwards. Blood soaked mask covers Teixeira face but really letting the hands go. Adames with some posing and working defense but having trouble getting in now

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Think Teixeira doing better work than they're giving him credit for in 9th. Jab accurate and much better mobility. Adames best punch is the right hand on accasion but he's a pretty square target.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Adames back with the churning hands in 10th, again with head snapping rights. Beauty of a sneak uppercut from Teixeira lands clean and he rolls out. Tough round that one. Better fight than first though

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Activity level up from Teixeira and getting some nice combos, body language of Adames is horrible as he backs and shakes his head hands at his side. These cards are going to be scattershot. Adames has to do something big I believe.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Adames has those tip toe heavy Andre Berto legs like when he is buzzed. Helluva scrap. Think Teixeira stronger down the stretch and deserves to pull it out but who knows

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

116-111...114-113 x2 Teixiera gets it. Definitely not a 116-111 fight though. That's just whack

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Good evening Spicoli. What channel have you got this on please? My ESPN+ channel is showing Texas versus LSU.

Thread Information