Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Getting a new auto

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    They love cats over in Vietnam.
    Yes, they used them to keep the tunnels rat and mouse free during our mistaken war with them. Ho Chi Minh did say if Nixon kept up his carpet bombing for another day or two he would have unconditionally surrendered but Nixon was forced to stop by the commie pinkos in Congress

Uhhh..... yes. Th-th-that's exactly what I meant. They used them to get rid of rats and mice in the tunnels during the war.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mexican Midnight
    Tito sippin' on a Tequila
    Here comes some tainted steak fajitas
    Served by Puerto Rican Mamacita's

@TitoFan

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm torn on motors for the same reasons as everyone else. Do I want a nice car, yeah I suppose I do. Do I want to spend a load of dough on one, no. I don't actually have a car, my Mrs does.

I've been touring around Cornwall for the last couple of weeks in one of these https://www.ford.co.uk/cars/new-tourneo-custom

Drives like a car, plenty of room, very impressed. I cant afford one so will find something similar, gut it and build a camper.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis View Post
    I'm torn on motors for the same reasons as everyone else. Do I want a nice car, yeah I suppose I do. Do I want to spend a load of dough on one, no. I don't actually have a car, my Mrs does.

I've been touring around Cornwall for the last couple of weeks in one of these https://www.ford.co.uk/cars/new-tourneo-custom

Drives like a car, plenty of room, very impressed. I cant afford one so will find something similar, gut it and build a camper.
    Ed China has done that on wheeler dealer. That is a van you need a people carrier.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I need to get a new motor. This time going to go new though. I usually buy used and then run it into the ground. I need to get something that I can easily get a wheelchair in and out of the boot of and fit three kids with their booster/child seats in the back. Need to be economical and easy for my Mrs to get in and out of. She is struck by the idea of a BMW 2 Series Gran Tourer 7 seater. Without the extra two seats up as a 5 seater there is loads of room for a wheelchair and/or my kit (tripods lighting stands, modifiers, flight cases etc) and there are occasions when being able to get 5 people in for band shoots etc would be handy. It's fairly economical if a bit dull. It's basically a stretched mini and all the BMW fans online are quite agitated that a front wheel drive has the badge and grill. To be honest I am not worried if it doesn't handle like a sports car and the current fashion for 4wd cars that are often only 2 wheel drive anyway doesn't bother me.

I think the Nissan Qashqai is a bit high for her to get in and out of and while for Chavs/Gypsy Princesses like my Daughter it is probably ideal (great mpg) it is not right for us. Any alternative suggestions would be handy going to test drive some in the next few weeks. Thought about the Ford C-Max ( the Ford Torneo Connect looks like the car itself is a window licker) Seat Alhambra ,Citroen C4 etc

Here is the Beamer

It's not very exciting to look at (or drive I expect) but the inside is well lush and you get a lot even on the standard models thrown in.

Loads of room at the back for a smallish MPV (connecting country lanes can be quite tiny down here in the westcountry) that will spend more time in towns and cities than bombing between them

Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Zafira? any one had one or any of the above?
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sorry to hijack your thread @walrus. I don't live in the States but if I did and somewhere like you do I would deffo think about a Toyota Pickup. Those things just go on and on and are pretty timeless machines. You could fit a lot of gold bars watches, cat litter and a generator in the back of one of those.
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Beanz I had the same dilema and was going to get the zafira but have the S Max which is bigger than the C Max but not as big as the Galaxy.

It is exactly like the BMW but probably cheaper. the S max has a massive boot and can become a 7 seater but these 2 extra seats are for the children.

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Beanz I had the same dilema and was going to get the zafira but have the S Max which is bigger than the C Max but not as big as the Galaxy.

It is exactly like the BMW but probably cheaper. the S max has a massive boot and can become a 7 seater but these 2 extra seats are for the children.
    Cool. Thanks mate I will go and check it out. Have you got the Petrol or Diesel version ?
    Hidden Content

El Kabong Guest

LOL are you two some middleaged suburban housewives?

"I've got to hurry up to take Ashton and Skyler to soccer practice and then to the PTA meeting before running to the grocery store to get everything to make dinner"

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post

"I've got to hurry up to take Ashton and Skyler to soccer practice and then to the PTA meeting before running to the grocery store to get everything to make dinner"
    Well duh.. I don't need a penis extension and if I really wanted fun I would buy a Triumph speed triple. When you have kids your priorities may not be so different. In the meantime maybe buy a tractor for your raised beds Alan Titchmarsh.
    Hidden Content

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post

Well duh.. I don't need a penis extension and if I really wanted fun I would buy a Triumph speed triple. When you have kids your priorities may not be so different. In the meantime maybe buy a tractor for your raised beds Alan Titchmarsh.
    Have fun in your minivan

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

"Raised Beds" Allen
    Drank a gallon
    Soccer mommy
    #FreeTommy

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post

Cool. Thanks mate I will go and check it out. Have you got the Petrol or Diesel version ?
    Diesel 1.8 Turbo but now they are getting rid of them so best to get petrol.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Have fun in your minivan
    You will get there when you have to do practical things in your life.

Thread Information