Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Mayweather vs McGregor official

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    If Mayweather goes to 50-0 because of this, boxing should be abolished once and for all.
    Well I disagree with that, I do think Floyd Mayweather Jr has done himself and his legacy no favors at all with this fight....if he decided to fight Conor in the Octagon then fuckin more power to the guy, not saying he'd HAVE to grapple but to go on another fighter's turf and beat him is different than inviting him to your turf and beating him.

If Floyd believes he is the greatest of all-time then he'd be better served fighting GGG (win, lose, or draw) than Conor Mac fullstop!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    I see they're wearing ten ounce gloves just in case the leprechaun does manage to land something half decent. I'll still be watching though. There'll be at least two half decent fights on the undercard.
    Here's hoping Conor eats his Lucky Charms before this bout, I ain't paying a single penny for it, but I'll be cheering once again for a Floyd loss because the fucking audacity that bastard has to think this is a real honest to God fight and not a sparring session....this is going to be less competitive than the Ray Robinson vs Willie Pep exhibition bout.

I don't think he thinks it's a serious fight either. I don't think he gives a fuck about his legacy. It's about money. He'd fight Britney Spears if the purse was big enough.
    Me too!

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    I have no respect for the man
    Bet you buy it.
    Nah not this one master, it's just too much of a disappointment. At least manny fights boxers.
    Manny is fighting, you watching that fight?
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bet you buy it.
    Nah not this one master, it's just too much of a disappointment. At least manny fights boxers.
    Wait, Manny is basically retired but holds a belt hostage while other champions want to unify. And you suggest a retired boxer and a non boxer fighting is what's wrong with boxing?

People have lost their damn minds. A retired boxer and non boxer don't effect what should matter in boxing. It's a spectacle. The actual sporting aspect is negatively effected by Pacquiao holding the belt hostage.

Next people will suggest Charlie Z is important to boxing, after all people watch his fights.
    Last edited by Ron Swanson; 06-18-2017 at 02:12 AM.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hmm.... speaking of Charlie Z....

Shouldn't Deontay Wilder's professional boxing record be 39-0-0 (38 KO's)? After all, didn't he knock out the guy?

For that matter, maybe Mike Tyson should be credited with 51 wins, instead of 50. I'm pretty sure he beat Robin Givens. Wait, he also beat Mitch Green outside the ring...... make that 52.

But then if we go that route, Floyd himself could make a case for having another half dozen "W"s added to his record, if you count the women he's beaten.

Ironically, Jose Uzcategui, he of recent fame for getting DQ'ed after dropping Andre Dirrell after the bell...... should've picked up a DQ victory himself, after getting sucker-punched by Dirrell's cowardly POS uncle well after the fight.

Who knows how many more professional fighter records need to be revisited.............

Hell..... Amir Khan might even benefit from this recount, depending on whose account you believe.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Titofan, do you realize you give significance to something completely meaningless?

In fact if you didn't count this fight(which is impossible since it is a sanctioned bout) Floyd would retire tied with Marciano for the record for most wins with no losses as a retired reigning champion.

After this fight Floyd will retire not as a reigning champion so Marciano will hold the record alone.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Titofan, do you realize you give significance to something completely meaningless?

In fact if you didn't count this fight(which is impossible since it is a sanctioned bout) Floyd would retire tied with Marciano for the record for most wins with no losses as a retired reigning champion.

After this fight Floyd will retire not as a reigning champion so Marciano will hold the record alone.
    Hasn't Ricardo Lopez got a better record than that?

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hasn't Ricardo Lopez got a better record than that?
    Never understood that either as he did retire undefeated 50-0-1 as a champion, the draw was technical on a cut. In fairness though he was a bit 'lucky' to have it scored a draw vs Alvarez. Paul Spadafora came close going 48-0-1 before losing.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Just watched Conor McGregor for the first time fighting some dude called Nate Diaz, I've never watch a UFC fight before (other than when Ronda Rousey got KO'd)

I'm at even more of a loss as to how this fight can be made, I thought that there was some modicum of boxing skills used in UFC but apparently there isn't, in the fight I have just watched for the majority of it they were standing and exchanging but there was nothing remotely like boxing involved, that Diaz dude left McGregor on queer street.

I thought that McGregor was some sort of undefeated UFC demigod.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Hmm.... speaking of Charlie Z....

Shouldn't Deontay Wilder's professional boxing record be 39-0-0 (38 KO's)? After all, didn't he knock out the guy?

For that matter, maybe Mike Tyson should be credited with 51 wins, instead of 50. I'm pretty sure he beat Robin Givens. Wait, he also beat Mitch Green outside the ring...... make that 52.

But then if we go that route, Floyd himself could make a case for having another half dozen "W"s added to his record, if you count the women he's beaten.

Ironically, Jose Uzcategui, he of recent fame for getting DQ'ed after dropping Andre Dirrell after the bell...... should've picked up a DQ victory himself, after getting sucker-punched by Dirrell's cowardly POS uncle well after the fight.

Who knows how many more professional fighter records need to be revisited.............

Hell..... Amir Khan might even benefit from this recount, depending on whose account you believe.
    Hey don't forget the night Foreman fought five guys . Those were at least professional boxers of varying levels but bouts ruled exhibitions . How this is actually sanctioned ends with answer because it's Floyd and honestly think the record plays big role behind the scenes. Though we all know it's horseshat.

Amazing watching some of the mma fans going on lastnight..."hey Buster Douglas was a massive underdog also" and "well boxing is easier because you only train with your hands and not your legs or feet".....

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    Just watched Conor McGregor for the first time fighting some dude called Nate Diaz, I've never watch a UFC fight before (other than when Ronda Rousey got KO'd)

I'm at even more of a loss as to how this fight can be made, I thought that there was some modicum of boxing skills used in UFC but apparently there isn't, in the fight I have just watched for the majority of it they were standing and exchanging but there was nothing remotely like boxing involved, that Diaz dude left McGregor on queer street.

I think Collin avenged that loss.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post

I think Collin avenged that loss.
    It appears that he did after looking on Wiki, if someone would have asked me who Nate Diaz was I would have said he was a rapper

I like this bit on Wiki

McGregor is known mostly as a striker and prefers to fight standing up as opposed to on the ground. McGregor is left handed and primarily fights out of the Southpaw stance, but often switches to a conventional stance as well. He will frequently try to be the aggressor in his bouts.[149] McGregor's boxing is typically considered his best skill, with the majority of his victories coming by way of knockout or technical-knockout via punches.[150] Many pundits cite McGregor's pull-back left-handed counter as his most dangerous strike.[151][152][153]
    lolz, Mayweather could be in trouble

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You will not be the first poster thinking he has a chance against Floyd.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bet you buy it.
    Wait, Manny is basically retired but holds a belt hostage while other champions want to unify. And you suggest a retired boxer and a non boxer fighting is what's wrong with boxing?

People have lost their damn minds. A retired boxer and non boxer don't effect what should matter in boxing. It's a spectacle. The actual sporting aspect is negatively effected by Pacquiao holding the belt hostage.

Next people will suggest Charlie Z is important to boxing, after all people watch his fights.
    Oh shut up I'm just saying the fight is a joke. Do u wake up in the morning figuring out how to be a prick or does it just come natural. It's like you are trying to rationalize this piece of shit. Floyd is an arse.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The "billion dollar fight" between Floyd Mayweather and Conor McGregor has suffered a fresh setback as the proposed T-Mobile Arena venue may not be available for 26 August.

The two combat stars officially announced last Wednesday (14 June) that their big money boxing fight will finally take place.

While the venue was not confirmed, UFC president Dana White revealed that it would take place at the T-Mobile Arena in the fight capital of the world in Las Vegas.

However, the venue is now in doubt as the 20,000 capacity arena has been booked by rap star and actor Ice Cube for his BIG3 basketball league game on the same date as the fight.

According to TMZ, the rapper has no intention of rescheduling either as BIG3 are continuing to advertise and sell tickets.

Despite this, both camps remain confident that a compromise can be reached and that a venue will eventually be decided on, with the MGM Grand being the ideal alternative, where Mayweather has notably fought plenty of times.

The big money fight, handled by Showtime Sports, is expected to be the most lucrative in combat sports history, with both fighters expected to earn in excess of $100m (£78m).

And with ticket prices and pay-per-view costs expected to be significantly higher, the bout could also top Mayweather vs Pacquiao, and make $1bn (£0.78bn) in revenue.

"As with every Mayweather and McGregor fight part of the appeal is the spectacle and outsize personalities who are participating in it," Showtime Sports' Stephen Espinoza said, as quoted on The Independent.

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxin...cid=spartanntp

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

HAHAHAHA!!!

Ice Cube won't give up T-Mobile Arena and his 3-on-3 basketball game to accommodate Floyd and McGregor.
    Precious!! Good for the Cube!

I've got an alternate venue, though.

Thread Information