Default Re: Only in the UK!

Quote Originally Posted by erics44 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Silkeyjoe View Post
    I dont get the point of this thread. Its a big domestic clash. Of course it will be hyped. It most likely wont be on box office unless its an undercard to Froch-Degale or another world title fight. In US you have to pay PPV for big fights every month, over here we get one or 2 a year, hardly a rip off. Ticket prices like everything depend on demand. Porter aint got a huge following and I cant see many Brits travelling for Brook hence cheap tickets. Bellew is popular in Liverpool and with a few other local fighters demand is high so he can charge more. Similar to Frampton in Belfast. High demand for tickets equals higher prices. If you feel it is a rip off dont go. I think paying 200 quid for decent seats for fights I want to see is good value
    Each to their own. My point is that you can see 3 world title fights for peanuts or a load of domestic dust ups for double or triple the price. Don't get me wrong, if it ain't PPV, I'll be watching it . I'm sure it'll be fun,But what happens is that because it gets hyped up so much, Joe public actually believe that one of them will be worthy of a World title shot without really earning it.
    So would you rather watch Liverpool vs Man Utd for £20 or Bury vs Accrington Stanley for £50?
    Would you rather watch Wlad v Povetkin for 50£ or Cleveerly v Bellew for 75£?
    To be fair, if the ref hadn't spoilt it, Wlad vs Povetkin. I still think Wlad would've won, but It would've been more competitive.
    I mean, when Bellew and Cleverley fought the first time , was it that memorable? Sure the pre- fight will be fun, but....

nar, if the ref had done his job wlad would have been dq'd

that's an opinion, but is about as much as a fact as an opinion can be
    "Froch - Groves II tickets at Wembley started at £30.
    So not really too bad a deal compared to $25 for Brook - Porter hey?

Bascially you are talking rubbish. Most tickets for fights in Britain start around the £25-£30 mark."

Firstly, regarding Wlad vs Povetkin, of course it's an opinion. I was asked what I would prefer and I GAVE MY OPINION! if you don't agree fine, it's a free country, no stress.
    The point about it being that you are watching the undisputed World no.1 *(Wlad) against arguably the World no.2. I did put Arguably just in case you get into a hissy fit! in the other fight , you've got at best , the World no.2 (who never, ever has been or ever will be World no.1) against the World no. 5, 6 or 7. Just a bit of perspective really.
    Secondly, Did you go to Wembley? if so , What do you reckon you could see for £30. my guess would be that those tickets were by the Hot Dog Stand as you come up Wembley Way!!!!!!
    Whereas I'm pretty sure that you will get a better view and don't forget 3 world title fights on the same bill for just over half the price. If you can't understand the reasoning here and still think I'm talking rubbish, then I pity you.
    I fully understand that the majority of people that went to Wembley aren't really boxing fans and went more because of the hype and occasion and that's fine. Boxing needs them and their money.
    if People are happy to pay more over here for like for like less quality , no problem. but at the same time it's important to not let the hype cloud judgement on a fighters standing in the game because of that.
    And that is why the vast majority of fighters from these shores that go to the States for World title fights lose and we shouldn't be surprised at that.
    It's not just this sport that this relates to, in Britain it's most sports, and that is why the rest of the World see Brits as extremely arrogant!!!
    I'm sure you (and many other people) won't agree, and that's why it will never change.

I assume that's not aimed at me because not Im sure any of it related to anything I have said so far
    Thank you, you have proved my final point perfectly! have a good one.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I dont get the point of this thread. Its a big domestic clash. Of course it will be hyped. It most likely wont be on box office unless its an undercard to Froch-Degale or another world title fight. In US you have to pay PPV for big fights every month, over here we get one or 2 a year, hardly a rip off. Ticket prices like everything depend on demand. Porter aint got a huge following and I cant see many Brits travelling for Brook hence cheap tickets. Bellew is popular in Liverpool and with a few other local fighters demand is high so he can charge more. Similar to Frampton in Belfast. High demand for tickets equals higher prices. If you feel it is a rip off dont go. I think paying 200 quid for decent seats for fights I want to see is good value
    Each to their own. My point is that you can see 3 world title fights for peanuts or a load of domestic dust ups for double or triple the price. Don't get me wrong, if it ain't PPV, I'll be watching it . I'm sure it'll be fun,But what happens is that because it gets hyped up so much, Joe public actually believe that one of them will be worthy of a World title shot without really earning it.
    So would you rather watch Liverpool vs Man Utd for £20 or Bury vs Accrington Stanley for £50?
    To be fair, if the ref hadn't spoilt it, Wlad vs Povetkin. I still think Wlad would've won, but It would've been more competitive.
    I mean, when Bellew and Cleverley fought the first time , was it that memorable? Sure the pre- fight will be fun, but....

Bascially you are talking rubbish. Most tickets for fights in Britain start around the £25-£30 mark."

Firstly, regarding Wlad vs Povetkin, of course it's an opinion. I was asked what I would prefer and I GAVE MY OPINION! if you don't agree fine, it's a free country, no stress.
    The point about it being that you are watching the undisputed World no.1 *(Wlad) against arguably the World no.2. I did put Arguably just in case you get into a hissy fit! in the other fight , you've got at best , the World no.2 (who never, ever has been or ever will be World no.1) against the World no. 5, 6 or 7. Just a bit of perspective really.
    Secondly, Did you go to Wembley? if so , What do you reckon you could see for £30. my guess would be that those tickets were by the Hot Dog Stand as you come up Wembley Way!!!!!!
    Whereas I'm pretty sure that you will get a better view and don't forget 3 world title fights on the same bill for just over half the price. If you can't understand the reasoning here and still think I'm talking rubbish, then I pity you.
    I fully understand that the majority of people that went to Wembley aren't really boxing fans and went more because of the hype and occasion and that's fine. Boxing needs them and their money.
    if People are happy to pay more over here for like for like less quality , no problem. but at the same time it's important to not let the hype cloud judgement on a fighters standing in the game because of that.
    And that is why the vast majority of fighters from these shores that go to the States for World title fights lose and we shouldn't be surprised at that.
    It's not just this sport that this relates to, in Britain it's most sports, and that is why the rest of the World see Brits as extremely arrogant!!!
    I'm sure you (and many other people) won't agree, and that's why it will never change.

I assume that's not aimed at me because not Im sure any of it related to anything I have said so far
    @Primo Carnera I think you have got my posts mixed up with Erics.

For the most part I agree with you about the frustrating amount of mismatches on Hearn's cards (as with Warren, Hennessy) and that he is able to sell fights to casual fans so that they maybe get more hype than you would think based on the fighters involved. Not sure people are getting conned though if they are happy to buy into the back story and bad blood (real or not) and want to see the fight as a result.

Anyway, until now the only points I have made are that -
    A) I really don't think Cleverly-Bellew will headline a PPV, no matter how much hype.
    B) Tickets for most shows in Britain actually start lower than you stated.

I wasn't arguing your wider points.

However, just wondering what you mean by 'the same as most sports'? How so?
    Saddo Fantasy Premier League
    2011/12 - 2nd
    2012/13 -1st Hidden Content
    2013/14 - 3rd (Master won)

Saddo World Cup Dream Team
    2014 - 1st Hidden Content

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

ahh the old "you say something daft, I ask you what youre on about, and you say - ahh you must be stupid coz you don't know what im on about so I must be right" trick eh?

got me there
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ryanman View Post

@Primo Carnera I think you have got my posts mixed up with Erics.

For the most part I agree with you about the frustrating amount of mismatches on Hearn's cards (as with Warren, Hennessy) and that he is able to sell fights to casual fans so that they maybe get more hype than you would think based on the fighters involved. Not sure people are getting conned though if they are happy to buy into the back story and bad blood (real or not) and want to see the fight as a result.

Anyway, until now the only points I have made are that -
    A) I really don't think Cleverly-Bellew will headline a PPV, no matter how much hype.
    B) Tickets for most shows in Britain actually start lower than you stated.

I wasn't arguing your wider points.

However, just wondering what you mean by 'the same as most sports'? How so?
    Hello Ryanman, if I got you mixed up with Eric , I do apologise.
    with reference to point B above, prices probably do start lower on most bills, I was trying to compare like for like or near as damn it.
    What I meant by "the same as other sports" is, and I apologise for going off topic, but just to give an example: the Football team get hyped up at every tournament and punters over here pay more to watch them , the wages are much higher and yet they fail every single time . And then they offer no respect to teams who do well and say things like "surely we should be beating Costa Rica?" well actually no, because they proved they are better. also, tickets for Bundesliga games start at 10 or 15 euros each!
    again, apologise for going off topic, just trying to use an analogy to make the point clear.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

ahh the old "you say something daft, I ask you what youre on about, and you say - ahh you must be stupid coz you don't know what im on about so I must be right" trick eh?

got me there
    Actually , No. More like the old "I say something, you ask what I'm on about, I explain and you still don't get it trick."
    see, now I've got you again!

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

got me there
    Actually , No. More like the old "I say something, you ask what I'm on about, I explain and you still don't get it trick."

Ha I think you've just got yourself in a muddle, im the good looking one and @ryanman is the other fella

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Only in the UK can 3 posters from the UK argue with one another.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

got me there

Ha I think you've just got yourself in a muddle, im the good looking one and @ryanman is the other fella
    Nah mate, I think it's you who got muddled. Didn't you think I was from the States? No I haven't got you mixed up, one of you is ok, and one of you is a dumbass! As they say in America, go figure.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

got me there

Nah mate, I think it's you who got muddled. Didn't you think I was from the States? No I haven't got you mixed up, one of you is ok, and one of you is a dumbass! As they say in America, go figure.

alright alright cool it

what are you so upset about?

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

[QUOTE=erics44;1258106]

I dont get the point of this thread. Its a big domestic clash. Of course it will be

hyped. It most likely wont be on box office unless its an undercard to Froch-Degale or another world title fight. In US you have to pay PPV for big fights every month, over here we
    get one or 2 a year, hardly a rip off.
    Ticket prices like everything depend on demand. Porter aint got a huge following and I cant see many Brits travelling for Brook hence cheap tickets. Bellew is popular in Liverpool and with a few other local
    fighters demand is high so he can
    charge more. Similar to Frampton in Belfast. High demand for tickets equals higher prices. If you feel it is a rip off dont go. I think paying 200 quid for decent seats for fights I want to see is good value[/QUOTE

]

Each to their own. My point is that you can see 3 world title fights for peanuts or a load of domestic dust
    ups for double or triple the price.
    Don't get me wrong, if it ain't PPV, I'll be watching it . I'm sure it'll be fun,But what happens is that because it gets hyped up so much, Joe public actually believe that one of them will be worthy of a World

title shot without really earning it.

Would you rather watch Wlad v

Povetkin for 50£ or Cleveerly v Bellew for 75£?
    To be fair, if the ref hadn't spoilt it, Wlad vs Povetkin. I still think Wlad would've won, but It would've been
    more competitive.

that's an opinion, but is about as much as a fact
    as an opinion can be

So not really too bad a deal

compared to $25 for Brook - Porter hey?

Bascially you are talking rubbish.
    Most tickets for fights in Britain start
    around the £25-£30 mark."

Firstly, regarding Wlad vs Povetkin, of course it's an opinion. I was asked what I would prefer and I GAVE MY OPINION! if you don't
    agree fine, it's a free country, no
    stress.
    The point about it being that you are watching the undisputed World no.1 *(Wlad) against arguably the World no.2. I did put Arguably just in case you get into a hissy fit! in the other
    fight , you've got at best , the World
    no.2 (who never, ever has been or
    ever will be World no.1) against the World no. 5, 6 or 7. Just a bit of perspective really.
    Secondly, Did you go to Wembley? if so , What do you reckon you could see for £30. my guess would be that
    those tickets were by the Hot Dog
    Stand as you come up Wembley Way!!!!!!
    Whereas I'm pretty sure that you will get a better view and don't forget 3 world title fights on the same bill for just over half the price. If you can't
    understand the reasoning here and
    still think I'm talking rubbish, then I pity you.
    I fully understand that the majority of people that went to Wembley aren't really boxing fans and went more because of the hype and occasion
    and that's fine. Boxing needs them
    and their money.
    if People are happy to pay more over here for like for like less quality , no problem. but at the same time it's important to not let the hype
    cloud judgement on a fighters
    standing in the game because of
    that.

I'm sure you (and many other
    people) won't agree, and that's why it will never change.

I assume that's not aimed at me because not Im sure any of it related to anything I have said so

far
    Thank you, you have proved my final point perfectly! have a good
    one.

ahh the old "you say something daft, I ask you what youre on about, and you say - ahh you must be stupid
    coz you don't know what im on about so I must be right" trick eh?

got me there
    Actually , No. More like the old "I
    say something, you ask what I'm on
    about, I explain and you still don't get it trick."

Ha I think you've just got yourself in a muddle, im the good looking one and

@ryanman is the other fella

Nah mate, I think it's you who got muddled. Didn't you think I was from the States? No I haven't got you mixed up, one of you is ok, and one
    of you is a dumbass! As they say in America, go figure.

alright alright cool it

what are you so upset about?
    Ha. I'm not upset. It was an attempt at humour. That's why input a smiley face on the end.
    I thought you would come back with "obviously I'm the OK one!" Sorry if I
    upset you. Perhaps we should call it a truce before it gets out of hand.

Mentioned
    945 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That multi quote box is starting to look like a stack of playing cards.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ha. I'm not upset. It was an attempt at humour. That's why input a smiley face on the end.

oh right, soz I thought you was getting eggy

ive got the shits today, 1045 and I haven't ate any breakfast coz it will just come straight out the other side

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

oh right, soz I thought you was getting eggy

ive got the shits today, 1045 and I haven't ate any breakfast coz it will just come straight out the other
    side
    Ha ha. Montezuma's revenge eh?good luck with that.

Thread Information