Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mayweather VS Hatton . . . Who would win ? ? ?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Mayweather VS Hatton . . . Who would win ? ? ?

Mayweather VS Hatton . . . Who would win in ur option and Why ? ? ?

In my option Mayweather would beat by a UD and i cant wait to see Mayweather VS Hatton soon . . . It will the boom and boxing event of the year Mayweather VS Hatton . . .

Or Cotto VS Hatton would be great 2 . . .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Mayweather VS Hatton . . . Who would win ? ? ?

I'm worried about cuts. Mayweather's sharp punches can easily tear Hatton's thin skin up.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Just to clear up the thing with cuts. Hatton used to cut because a rock hard piece of vaseline had got inside a cut before it was stitched back up. So his skin would either rub against the hard bit of vaseline or it would pierce through the skin on impact from a punch. The cuts in the maussa fight were caused by headbutts and aggravated by maussa rubbing his gloves into the cut.

I don't think cuts would be too much of a problem for Hatton against Mayweather.

Mayweather's speed and accuracy might be more of a problem.
    http://instagram.com/jonnyboy_85_/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i believe it could go either way
    if there's anyone that could beat mayweather, it would be hatton
    hatton is like mayweather's kryptonite
    Lightning Strikes Twice

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I used to say Mayweather but after the Zab Judah fight I think Hatton has enough speed and stamina to stop Mayweather.

I really do think Ricky Hatton's speed is very under rated

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

hattons speed is underrated. look at the mike stewart fight. those three left hooks that knocked him out were quick as fuck. and theyre not powderpuff either, power comes with em.
    mayweather is fast, but hes not as billy whiz as a lot on this site reckon. i read on one post that mayweather makes mosley and de la hoya (first fight at welter) look average. i dunno about that. and i read that he makes hearns at welter look average. i dont think so.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I THINK IF HATTON CAN HURT PBF. THE PROBLEM IS I THINK THAT HE NEEDS TO TRAIN TOTALLY DIFFERENT FOR THIS FIGHT. MAYWEATHER HAS THE UNCANNY ABILITY TO ADJUST EXTREMELY FAST TO A BOXERS TENDENCIES... MEANING A BOXER SPARS FOR MONTHS AGAINST GUYS THAT RESEMBLE THE TACTICS AND STYLES OF THE OTHER... I THINK HATTON SHOULD TRAIN...WELL... TO CONSTANTLY ADJUST. I GUESS THERE COULD BE NO REGIMIN FOR IT BUT HE SHOULD AT LEAST USE THE MINDSET THAT "I CAN ONLY KEEP DOING THIS FOR SO LONG AND THEN THROW THIS AND THAT AT HIM" I'VE WATCHED MOST OF PBF'S FIGHTS AND I THINK IF YOU DONT ALLOW HIM TO ADJUST(I KNOW, EASIER SAID THEN DONE...WE ALL HAVE TENDENCIES) YOU CAN WIN THE FIGHT.
    Hidden Content
    "There's nothing special about him." -Sergiy Dzinziruk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

hatton knows the score. and billy 'the preecher man' graham will have a hell of a game plan. but i honestly think that if hatton does what he does best he could beat mayweather. i dunno if floyd could handle the pace of a relentless hatton whos willing to take three shots to land one of his own.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't know I used to think ~Hatton could be the one to beat Mayweather but after watching Calzaghe put on a masterclass against Lacy I'm starting to have serious doubts.

Hatton is a great, gutsy, hardworking fighting but he would chasing shadows for 12 rounds. The true greats always manage to raise their game when needed and I think a fight with Hatton would cause Mayweather to step up to another level.

I'd love to see Ricky beat him but it would be one hell of an undertaking.

I don't think Hatton has the power to knock Mayweather out, and he won't be able to land enough to really hurt him. Mayweather could just stay on the outside and jab his way to victory, beating a very brave, but bloody Ricky Hatton by a 116-112 UD.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The mayweather zab fight means nothing, mayweather barely used his lightning fast jab, instead it was use for only meusuring distance, but he will plaster hatton with it, since hatton isn't nearly as fast as zab.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TRANSWARP
    The mayweather zab fight means nothing, mayweather barely used his lightning fast jab, instead it was use for only meusuring distance, but he will plaster hatton with it, since hatton isn't nearly as fast as zab.
    I don't care what Mayweather can do or how fast and good his jab is. when you have a fighter like ricky Hatton making you move or defend or jab or punch CONSTANTLY you're going to be blowing out of your arse by the mid rounds. Lets see how good Mayweathers move are then.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by bilbo
    I don't know I used to think ~Hatton could be the one to beat Mayweather but after watching Calzaghe put on a masterclass against Lacy I'm starting to have serious doubts.

Hatton is a great, gutsy, hardworking fighting but he would chasing shadows for 12 rounds. The true greats always manage to raise their game when needed and I think a fight with Hatton would cause Mayweather to step up to another level.

I'd love to see Ricky beat him but it would be one hell of an undertaking.

I don't think Hatton has the power to knock Mayweather out, and he won't be able to land enough to really hurt him. Mayweather could just stay on the outside and jab his way to victory, beating a very brave, but bloody Ricky Hatton by a 116-112 UD.
    Bilbo can i ask what is the relevence of Calzaghe v Lacy??

If your trying to say it will be like that your mistaken, Hatton for one has much better skills than Lacy, have a look at his fights with Thaxton and Tackie, obviuosly they are nowhere near PBF in terms of level, but i am getting quite tired of people getting carried away with the KT fight, that was Ricky doing everything he could to stop himslef getting knocked out, he had to smoother Kosta all night, lets not forget people were saying KT was P4P had the best right in the business.

I am going to post the Tackie fight later to show people that Ricky is no brawler he has great skills, you say Ricky hasn't got the power, maybe not the Ko power to stop Floyd but he has the power to slow him down and possibly stop him in his tracks late on.

People say KT was a quitter etc etc etc, but the reality is Hatton fucked him up the guy was fucked, his corner was asking him if he had anything left does he want to go on KT was just looking straight on without responding, Hatton is naturally bigger man the Floyd and his shots will tell in this fight. He will have an effect no doubt.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mayweather would beat Hatton. The judah fight has no bearing on this fight. Last I checked the hitman was niether as slick as Judah nor was he a southpaw. Besides, Floyd fights according to the opponent.

Most people think ricky would just chase floyd and grind him down eventually. Floyds not gonna sit there and allow himself to worked over along the ropes for 12 rounds by Hatton. Floyds a sharp counter puncher with great accuracy and Hatton is very vulnerable on the way in and has eaten jabs and counters from slower, less mobile boxers like Tszyu while trying to getting inside.

Most people would like to think Hatton will take those punches and still over power and get inside the way he did on Tszyu. What happens when he eats a few, gets inside and finds noone home or gets gets tied up. Much of Tszyu's downfall in the Hatton fight besides the low blow was that after Hatton was on top of him, he stopped moving his feet and let ricky get his work in while waiting for the ref to separate the fighters. Hatton can outwork almost any fighter on the inside if they cooperate and let him, because he's a machine that just keeps going and going, but I just dont see him cashing in enough of his style to walk away with a victory against a fighter as smart, fast, slick and in condition as floyd.
    They want your @$$ beat because upsets make news. News brings about excitement, excitement brings about ratings. The objective is to bring you up to the tower and tear your @$$ down. And if you don't believe that, you're crazy.

Roy Jones, Jr. "What I've Learned," Esquire 2003

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

J_Undisputed...I like your way of thinking...& I am a Floyd fan...but I don't agree with the assestment 100%.

Hatton has been groomed for this moment...& I think that he'll take full advantage of it.

Floyd will be hit...as was apparent in the Judah fight...& he will be hit hard & flush & repeatedly IWO.

Something that I have always said...this weight jumping shat will kill a fighter as small as Floyd. Hatton ballons up close to 180 from what I have heard & most of the time is spent sparring close to that weight.

Mayweather trains down to fighting weight but his speed depends on his size being minimal...watching his last few fights that has become painfully obvious.

It'll be a fight & I will lean towards Floyd...but it aint gonna be a mistmatch...not anymore.

147 & over is a death sentance for me bwoy Floyd.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mayweather with his technically sound skills and speed would pick apart Hatton easily, i say 7th round tko.

Thread Information