Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Canelo will disappear.

After Canelos disappointing performance against an old, inactive 40 year old, Canelo will pretend he’s injured and stay out of action until September 23.

Who should be his next x3 opponents?

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Canelo will disappear.

Nah... he won't disappear. Too much invested in the carefully constructed myth that is Canelo. Team Ginger will surely work the computer overtime, and dredge up some "suitable", non-threatening riff-raff they can pump up as dangerous.

I think they've milked the Golovkin cow as much as they'll be able to, and will move on from that.

Plant is making noise, which is right down Team Ginger's alley. Plant doesn't have the firepower to beat Ginger... and if it goes 12 you may as well mail in the judges scorecards BEFORE the fight.

Ginger won't be going back up to 175 as long as Bivol and Beterbiev hold all the belts. One of them would have to vacate.

I guess that just leaves 168, unless he goes the circus route and fights Jake Paul.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by imp View Post
    After Canelos disappointing performance against an old, inactive 40 year old, Canelo will pretend he’s injured and stay out of action until September 23.

last i heard was that canelo needed surgery on his hand, so he may well be out until september next year. if canelo is out that long the landscape could change a bit, i'd expect one seventy five to be unified in that time & possibly something like caleb & david b squaring off. if canelo is out that long would he not be given the benefit of a tune up? maybe against a lesser mandatory
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post

last i heard was that canelo needed surgery on his hand, so he may well be out until september next year. if canelo is out that long the landscape could change a bit, i'd expect one seventy five to be unified in that time & possibly something like caleb & david b squaring off. if canelo is out that long would he not be given the benefit of a tune up? maybe against a lesser mandatory
    Wow! Talk about getting your excuses in early!
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post

Wow! Talk about getting your excuses in early!
    i'm just asking a question here champ. what excuses am i making & for what? please be specific
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Canelo should stay at super middleweight to ensure that Beterbeiv and Bivol unify. During this time, he should take on Benavidez and Charlo which are competitive fights.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think that Canelo is winding down. I don't think that he will fight more than 3, maybe 4 more fights. He's been a pro since 15, he has a ton of money, and he has created numerous non boxing ways of making money.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by greynotsoold View Post
    I think that Canelo is winding down. I don't think that he will fight more than 3, maybe 4 more fights. He's been a pro since 15, he has a ton of money, and he has created numerous non boxing ways of making money.
    i agree, i can see canelo longing for that golf course

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I can't see Canelo doing anything big now at 175. Even if Zurdo upsets Bivol and Canelo suddenly decides to fight mexicans (if there's a belt ). Simply put he fought flat and a bit stale last two outs vs different styles and his mind sets. He had no gas to mash in the later rounds. Needs to stay put at 168 and start lining up a slow exit plan on the highest level. In an ideal world Benavidez and Plant finally make a quality fight and Canelo fights winner Benavidez...but we know that's not happening right off. Soft touch for Benavidez next out and same for Canelo coming off surgery next spring.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

CANELO ALVAREZ showed off the aftermath of his left hand surgery following victory over Gennady Golovkin.

The Mexican superstar revealed his hand was so damaged before beating Golovkin that he could not even pick up a glass.

So after beating his old rival in their September trilogy bout, Canelo went under the knife.

He showed his cast being taken off and the stitches in his hand during an Instagram video.

Canelo, 32, revealed he has suffered problems in his left hand since November 2021, when he beat Caleb Plant, 30.

And after bettering Golovkin, 40, on points the four-division champion admitted he could be out for a whole year.

He said: "It hurts everywhere. I've had these issues since the Caleb Plant fight so I was like 'it's okay, later, later'.

"And then I started [to feel] really bad, I need surgery. It was really bad, really bad. It's not broken it's a meniscus, it's a wrist injury, not broken.

"It's ligaments, like a knee injury or something like that… I'm going to take the time my body needs.

"Last year I fought four times in 11 months, so that's why. But I need to take my time a little bit, maybe May, September I need to take my time."

Canelo is eyeing a rematch with Dmitry Bivol, 31, the Russian light-heavyweight champion who beat him in May.

But Bivol first defends his WBA title against Gilberto Ramirez, 31, on Saturday in Abu Dhabi.

He told Sporting News on a rematch with Canelo: "It could happen, this fight, but it doesn't motivate me as much as it did before.

"Of course, I would take this fight if I don't have another choice. We could make this fight but it's not my priority fight now."

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/20295...nady-golovkin/

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

canelo says he might not return until next september after having his surgery, if that's the case then hopefully some of these other guys will face off against each other in the interim

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

it actually will free up some big annual boxing dates, interested to see what fights land on those dates next year

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

canelo says he might not return until next september after having his surgery, if that's the case then hopefully some of these other guys will face off against each other in the interim
    Beterbiev v Bivol would be a good start.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post

Canelo has no business at 175. Best he start paying attention to that other Mexican clamoring for him at 168. Oh right... Canelo doesn't fight Mexicans.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post

Canelo has no business at 175. Best he start paying attention to that other Mexican clamoring for him at 168. Oh right... Canelo doesn't fight Mexicans.
    That would be easier and more realistic fights for Canelo than face the real light heavyweight champions.

Thread Information