Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Terrance Crawford vs. Adrien Broner

Who wins at 140?

Crawford looks every bit as fast as Broner and nearly as big considering he gained back 15 lbs last night.

Broner has the advantage in punching power, but I think Crawford is the faster, smarter fighter.

I believe Crawford could beat him.

Mentioned
    532 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Terrance Crawford vs. Adrien Broner

Crawford has the tools... but he needs some serious coaching. For starters, he needs to drop that southpaw shit. It did diddly squat for him last night, and in fact made for a boring fight. As a righty, he was doubling up on the right hand, and clearly dominating Klimov. As a lefty, he looked awkward throwing the left hand..... and even caught some flush counter rights from Klimov. With good coaching, he could give Broner more than a run for his money.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I see a 12 round fight with a whole bunch of feinting and posting and very little punching. I would pass on this fight

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Was there last night and the entire arena got restless throughout this fight because you had the feeling that Crawford could have gotten Klimov out of there or seriously busted him up if he would have just done a lot more countering rather than avoiding shots and posing, he needs to let his hands go a lot more cause he has the speed and reflexes to do so

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ElTerribleMorales View Post
    Was there last night and the entire arena got restless throughout this fight because you had the feeling that Crawford could have gotten Klimov out of there or seriously busted him up if he would have just done a lot more countering rather than avoiding shots and posing, he needs to let his hands go a lot more cause he has the speed and reflexes to do so
    So when exactly are Jayson Velez and Felix Verdejo gonna step up there comp level?

Mentioned
    532 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise View Post
    So when exactly are Jayson Velez and Felix Verdejo gonna step up there comp level?

I told you this already. Don't make me say things twice.
    They'll be taking a page from the new-style Mexican Boxing Career Development Handbook (a la JCC Junior and Canelo).... and waiting until their 40th fight before fighting a live body.

Oops.... too late. They're already ahead of the pace set by both those hype jobs.

Rats....

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Somebody start a thread about peanut butter because I want to see if it morphs to.
    This shit is becoming unbearable.

As to the fight in question I'd have to go with Broner. I think he beats anyone at 140.

Mentioned
    532 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by IamInuit View Post
    Somebody start a thread about peanut butter because I want to see if it morphs to.

As to the fight in question I'd have to go with Broner. I think he beats anyone at 140.

"Anyone" would include Lucas and Danny. Correct?
    You sure you're not rating Broner too highly?

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise View Post

I told you this already. Don't make me say things twice.
    They'll be taking a page from the new-style Mexican Boxing Career Development Handbook (a la JCC Junior and Canelo).... and waiting until their 40th fight before fighting a live body.

Oops.... too late. They're already ahead of the pace set by both those hype jobs.

Rats....
    And you wonder why they laugh at you. Alvarez is 23 years old. Has already beaten Trout and took a fight against the best fighter in the planet. Jayson (I can't fucking spell) Velez is 25. He just barely beat Dat Nguyen for his career best win. Let me guess. Nguyen is just as good a win as a Trout win, right? Verdejo is 20 years old and he ain't even got 10 fights. But some how there ahead of the pace?

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I am rating him to highly I know. I think he beats those guys. Btw he looked about 180 when I saw him at the Floyd fight lol.

Mentioned
    532 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Broner gets beat handily by both these guys.

Mentioned
    532 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I am rating him to highly I know. I think he beats those guys. Btw he looked about 180 when I saw him at the Floyd fight lol.

I know Lucas lost some of his invincibility luster when he lost to Garcia. But he's still got fast hands and murderous power. You think Broner can hang with Matthysse? I mean... it's boxing... anything can happen. But Broner is too full of himself right now, and hasn't gotten the beatdown that many of these fighters eventually get. Remember the young Zab Judah?

As far as Danny... he impressed the hell out of me with how he handled Lucas. I thought for sure Lucas had too much firepower for him. So if he faced Broner, I'd probably not underestimate him again.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's what they do. You can clearly see who's at fault. One of them claims he was there in person. So he must of seen the 2 Puerto Rican prospects first hand. A simple valid question asking when they would step up there competition was not out of line. But he comes the fag trying to high-jack the thread by changing the subject and posting his usual nonsense.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ignoring the jackass of the thread (who apparently can't keep to the topic of the actual thread or anything related to it), IMO Broner against Garcia or Matthysse is 50/50, he's shown that he's not that great of a counter puncher, so would be good to see how he deals with a real pressure fighter in the higher weights, and we'll see just this against Maidana

Mentioned
    532 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I know Lucas lost some of his invincibility luster when he lost to Garcia. But he's still got fast hands and murderous power. You think Broner can hang with Matthysse? I mean... it's boxing... anything can happen. But Broner is too full of himself right now, and hasn't gotten the beatdown that many of these fighters eventually get. Remember the young Zab Judah?

As far as Danny... he impressed the hell out of me with how he handled Lucas. I thought for sure Lucas had too much firepower for him. So if he faced Broner, I'd probably not underestimate him again.

Broner is more style than substance, I think. He may still prove me wrong... but he didn't overly impress in his previous outing against an undersized opponent.

Thread Information