Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Weighty problem

Hi i've always had a problem with my weight, i recently sprained my wrist and means im out of training for a while until it heals, i wondered if anyone had any ideas for me to lose weight? i find it hard to stick with a diet as my mum always brings goodies into the house and temptation takes over. I think if i get a diet that will coincide with my boxing and helps me to lose weight i could stick to it. I had a diet i was on and lost some weight but put it on over christmas. Im 16 and am around 111kg and im about 5'11 height. I've been doing boxing for around just over 2 years and my gym went downhill so that sorta put me off going as i wasnt getting a proper workout, they're now doing it all up and getting new coaches in so that should spurr me on to lose weight and wins some fights.
    Thanks for reading and if you have any tips, they would be very grateful.
    Jordan

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Weighty problem

When it comes to diets, I think that it's easier to get into it if you start adding more healthy foods into your routine as well as having healthy alternatives for your snacks and drinks.

Start with a healthy breakfast (don't ever skip this meal). You can go for cereal for convenience sake, or you can cook some oatmeal/grains and make it a tasty meal by adding fruit, honey or flavors to the mix.

Always make sure that you're drinking enough water. I find that if I keep my thirst in check, I don't feel quite as hungry as would otherwise. Try to cut down on the soft drinks, and if you like tea, you can have fun discovering different teas that you'll like. If possible drink distilled water, it's the purest form of water and the best way to rehydrate yourself during training.

If you get hungry between meals, have yourself a healthy snack to eat. Toast, fruit, granola, etc, find something healthy that you like and remember to not make a meal out of it because it's just a snack.

As for a good lunch or dinner, your meals can be made diverse with chicken, fish, meats, grains and vegetables. Adding a salad to your dinner is a good step in the right direction. Your salads don't have to be boring either, you can add any vegetables or fruits that you like, and add different flavors instead of the common dressings. If your mom goes shopping for food, then come with her if you can. When you're out shopping pick out foods that will be helpful for your diet plan, better yet if you can get some healthy recipes and help out with the cooking you'll have a lot more enthusiasm for losing the weight and it'll be easier to stick with it.
    If you hear a voice within you saying that I am not a painter, then by all means paint and that voice will be silenced.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Chris speaks the truth above.

- Don't eat, "graze."
    4 to 5 meals a day of a medium size.

- Eat colourful.
    Mix colours of veg, meats etc. In each meal try to have a good portion of protein, a portion of low G.I. carbs, some good Omega oils and the basic essential nutrients

- Don't use sauces
    Too many preservatives, flabvour your food with spices, seasoning etc. Alternatively, make you own sauce, I do and it reduces preservatives, calories, colourings and all those nasties.

- Prepare for cravings.
    When hunger hits, or your salivating for something sweet have a solution. Have a packet of tic-tacs, a few sticks of gum or an aple with you. The sugar rush from these should be adeque to kill your cravings, without impacting on your diet or weight.

- Food is fuel.
    Lennox Lewis had a chapter in his autobiograsphy entited "You can't run a racehorse on coal." A responsible driver wouldn't fuel his car with crude oil. Feed your body not only what it needs, but what it deserves. (Good clean, nourishing food )

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Id really hit the boxer chow section,there are a TON of great recipes for making sure you dont end up weighing a ton on there

Thread Information