Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Khan What Next

Looks like Khan, has a new trainer Virgil Hunter to me he has dealt with this totally unprofessional,
    in his pro career up to now this is his 4th trainer. Khan had delusions of grandeur, expecting Roche to
    drop, Manny and Jr, what a fool he is. Sorry but he's not a legend, may be in his own front room I
    can't see him improving. Khan down fall NO CHIN , he does not need a new trainer maybe a stonemason
    to make him a granite chin.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Khan What Next

Khan is a bit silly IMO, but he is young and he will make mistakes. His career is also on a knife edge. He messed up, but it is the common excuse to change trainer and say that was the problem. Khan just boxes like a prat, all you can do is tell him not to.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He wants a trainer dedicated to him which Roach wasn't able to be. What's wrong with that? (although he'll be playing second fiddle to Andre Ward with Virgil Hunter)

Fuck knows why they're so obsessed with American trainers? What does Kahn have to learn apart from stop being so gung-ho?

Anyone could train him. I'll only charge him 9.5% for my knowledge.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You are being harsh on Khan. Amir did know Roach would never drop Manny or Junior and he did not even ask. He needs a trainer to work with him and not have to travel to accommodate the trainer. Khan can improve his defence a lot and once that is perfected he can become a world champion and force again in the division.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    You are being harsh on Khan. Amir did know Roach would never drop Manny or Junior and he did not even ask. He needs a trainer to work with him and not have to travel to accommodate the trainer. Khan can improve his defence a lot and once that is perfected he can become a world champion and force again in the division.
    Harsh yes, but a realist Khan gets drawn into a brawl you don't have to be a big puncher to drop him,
    if you are honest with yourself you Know I'm right.
    At top flight, you will get hit no mater how good your defence ever body get hit and you need a half
    decent, chin and that something Khan lacks. First class boxer and good to watch, but when he fights
    he will always have that chink in his armour.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dia bando View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Harsh yes, but a realist Khan gets drawn into a brawl you don't have to be a big puncher to drop him,
    if you are honest with yourself you Know I'm right.
    At top flight, you will get hit no mater how good your defence ever body get hit and you need a half
    decent, chin and that something Khan lacks. First class boxer and good to watch, but when he fights
    he will always have that chink in his armour.
    Many quality fighters have achieved a lot more such as Lewis and Hearns with a suspect chin.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think angel garcia mentally beat khan with the indian cant fight thing.
    Khan wanted to fight and got caught again.

Whats the point in boxing if all a fighter/promoter is going to do is avoid big punchers?

I take it khans next fight is paulie again and then perhaps peterson.

El Kabong Guest

Khan is much like Chad Dawson.....he's a flake. I think Amir needs to box more, he needs to stick and move. Maybe he can find success away from Roach, lord knows he has the handspeed to do it, but time is running out on him reaching his true potential he must act quickly and mesh with a new trainer.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Does he remain with Alex Ariza though?
    Hidden Content
    That's the way it is, not the way it ends

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What should be next for Khan, is a quick return to the ring. I'll go with January and maybe get 4 fights in 2013. Between 140 and 147, Khan will surely get a high profile fight.
    Peterson, Judah, Garcia, Morales, Alexander, Hatton, and Berto, Paulie, Bradley. And if he stay at 140, Gamboa and Broner will be there next year. And if he can dominate, Mayweather and Pacman at 147. Basically, Khan can still get back to the top. But he's in a win or go home situation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dia bando View Post
    Looks like Khan, has a new trainer Virgil Hunter to me he has dealt with this totally unprofessional,
    in his pro career up to now this is his 4th trainer. Khan had delusions of grandeur, expecting Roche to
    drop, Manny and Jr, what a fool he is. Sorry but he's not a legend, may be in his own front room I
    can't see him improving. Khan down fall NO CHIN , he does not need a new trainer maybe a stonemason
    to make him a granite chin.
    Khan's downfall is not that he doesn't have a good chin. It is that he does fundamental things wrong:
    1-doesn't fight behind the jab enough
    2-doesn't tuck his chin (ask BHOP about keeping it tucked at all times)
    3-MOST IMPORTANTLY-he jumps/lunges in. When you have your chin in the air, and you jump/lunge in, then you are wide open and prepare to get hurt.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well it looks like the fight that I called right after his last fight, is what Golden Boy is looking to do.

Here's the thread where I called it.

http://www.saddoboxing.com/boxingfor...an-anyone.html

I just seen this on Dan Rafael's Twitter.

danrafaelespn Dan Rafael
    I was told that @GoldenBoyBoxing offered @hboboxing a December fight between @amirKingKhan and Humberto Soto and was turned down. #boxing

Just because HBO turned it down, doesn't mean Showtime will.

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Interesting point's people made, but over all Khan is flawed starting out his career dropped by none
    punchers, I said at the time his chin is not up to it.
    Really it was Know shock, to see him getting ko twice and don't be surprised if it happens again,
    regarding trainers, I go with what Fenster said.
    Myself I feel Khan, has to win his next fight or he is finished , for all his talking about he needs a change
    of trainer, I for one don't think it will make that much difference.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think a change of trainers WILL make a difference for him. He still has time to learn more about the art of defense, and a great team to learn that from is Ward / Hunter. He needs to learn how to protect that chin, a little less offense, and also how to fight better on the inside, which he currently has very low ability in. Hunter and Ward can help him with all of that.

Khan also needs to learn how to get in and out a little quicker IMO, by maybe putting together one or two less punches at a time. I know he's very quick, but putting so many punches together in one combo actually just makes him slower and more open when he's letting go, the gaps are there for a larger amount of time, and thats what Garcia seemed to capitalise on. Just let your shots go when Khan opens up his light punching combos of five or six shots. He can really help himself defensively if he keeps the 5 and 6 punch combinations to a minimum and only when his opponent is in a poor position to provide anything in counter. you'll rarely see Ward putting that many shots together in one go, he's far too smart defensively for that

Hopefully that isn't a bunch of rubbish. Going on my prediction scores this week it may well be..

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TheMacMagician View Post
    I think a change of trainers WILL make a difference for him. He still has time to learn more about the art of defense, and a great team to learn that from is Ward / Hunter. He needs to learn how to protect that chin, a little less offense, and also how to fight better on the inside, which he currently has very low ability in. Hunter and Ward can help him with all of that.

Khan also needs to learn how to get in and out a little quicker IMO, by maybe putting together one or two less punches at a time. I know he's very quick, but putting so many punches together in one combo actually just makes him slower and more open when he's letting go, the gaps are there for a larger amount of time, and thats what Garcia seemed to capitalise on. Just let your shots go when Khan opens up his light punching combos of five or six shots. He can really help himself defensively if he keeps the 5 and 6 punch combinations to a minimum and only when his opponent is in a poor position to provide anything in counter. you'll rarely see Ward putting that many shots together in one go, he's far too smart defensively for that

Hopefully that isn't a bunch of rubbish. Going on my prediction scores this week it may well be..
    The thing is his opponents, no they have a good chance of beating him, were doe's Khan go he has to face top opposition.Let's face it not all are feather fisted,if he moves up in weight they will punch harder. So he is between a rock and a hard place, may be a fight with Hatton if he is successful in his
    comeback, some were down the line.It's a fight the Brits would watch,and would make the both a lot of money.

Thread Information