Boxing Forums


.



User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 21

Thread: My current P4P list...

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Los Scandalous, CA
    Posts
    30,790
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    4758
    Cool Clicks

    Default My current P4P list...

    After this weekends fights here is my P4P list....


    1. Floyd
    2. Ward
    3. JMM
    4. Sergio
    5. Mares
    6. Wlad
    7. Rigondeaux
    8. Bradley
    9. Pacquiao
    10. Nonito

    You know boxing is getting better and better when any of the top 3 has a legitimate argument at the #1 spot and from there on you have solid arguments for placing the rest.
    Where before it was just Pac, JMM & Sergio and the rest were like dominoes falling into place.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Birmingham, UK
    Posts
    6,156
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1152
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: My current P4P list...

    I disagree with the statement that the top 3 have an argument for the #1 spot. Hard to argue Floyd is #1 based on his achievements, plus he has beaten JMM who you have at 3rd and Ward is active at the moment. Wlad should be higher on the list of the same reason. I may hate him, but he is dominating the division and has the monopoly on every belt bar the one his brother is holding. Also Mares is way too high on the list and I think Sergio should slip a bit. Other than that you have my seal of approval that you craved from the moment you started this thread.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Glasgow, Scotland.
    Posts
    3,007
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    529
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: My current P4P list...

    I don't put Mares or Nonito in there.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    The Bay Area
    Posts
    14,470
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2640
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: My current P4P list...

    The is crazy subjective so I'll go ahead with my crazy subjective list. With as poor as Martinez looked last time out, I can't puthim in the top five simply because he looked so average against an average fighter in Murray. You could say the exact same for Timothy Bradley, he should have lost his last two bouts!I couldn't in good faith put Bradley above Pacquiao because Pacquiao beat Bradley and only a couple judges felt differently. Pound for Pound lsnt about Who yoave beat exclusively , its about how good you looked doing so.

    1. Floyd
    2. ward
    3. JMM
    4. Pacquiao
    5-Mares
    6.Rigondeaux
    7. Gonzalez
    8-Donaire
    9.Broner
    10. Bradley

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    6,763
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1050
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: My current P4P list...

    I don't get Broner in the top 10 p4p. I get Mares, but not in the top 5. I'm not sure if Donaire can be in there after losing to Rigo. Rigo not too high b/c only one victory over top guy and only one weight divison, but he should be in top ten.

    Clear to me are 1. PBF 2. Ward.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Los Scandalous, CA
    Posts
    30,790
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    4758
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: My current P4P list...

    Quote Originally Posted by bzkfn View Post
    I disagree with the statement that the top 3 have an argument for the #1 spot. Hard to argue Floyd is #1 based on his achievements, plus he has beaten JMM who you have at 3rd and Ward is active at the moment. Wlad should be higher on the list of the same reason. I may hate him, but he is dominating the division and has the monopoly on every belt bar the one his brother is holding. Also Mares is way too high on the list and I think Sergio should slip a bit. Other than that you have my seal of approval that you craved from the moment you started this thread.
    @bzkfn prior to this Sat. Floyd had been inactive for a year depending on how you personally see or judge that one can argue he would drop off the rankings due to the inactivity. So much happened there in between that it's up to interpretation.
    PBF went inactive, JMM knocked out Pac, Ward was still winning, Sergio was still winning. So for time there around Feb/March or so you could have easily put either guy 1, 2 or 3.
    Yes Floyd is undefeated and it carries a lot of weight but what JMM did is astronomical and what Ward continues to do is phenomenal I've seen rankings with all 3 guys as #1. It's all subjective and a matter of opinion...

    Ward is active yes but has he actually fought? Again it depends on how long the inactivity goes on for. In the case of Floyd it was a year. Ward is on his 8th month which I think is fine still but he hits the 1 yr mark and for me it will hurt his ranking.

    What Wlad continues to do is great but what hurts him is the quality of opposition. If and when Wlad fights and defeats Povetkin I think it will be a big boost to his ranking.

    Mares is now a undefeated 3 division champ with what I consider one of the best resumes in the sport. People forget just how good & highly rated fighters like Agbeko, Darchinyan & Moreno were at one point. For me this carries a lot of weight and now add Ponce De Leon to that list.

    One bad performance and people want to drop off Sergio. Is he done? Perhaps. But he still won and he still remains the undisputed MW king and that continues to be much more than the guys below him.


    Quote Originally Posted by Vendettos View Post
    I don't put Mares or Nonito in there.
    @Vendettos Nonito & Pacquiao for me are the most difficult to rate...
    Pac technically lost to Bradley so you still gotta count that against him although not too harsh because of the fashion in which it happened. But then he got KO'd badly and that for me could easily drop him off the top 10. I've seen him actually dropped off many top 10 rankings. Me personally I put him inside the to 10 and depending on the outcome of his next fight and manner in which he wins it can either help him stay in the lower part of the list or fall out.

    Nonito will not fight again this year but talks have already started for a fight early next year. Depending on how Froch fares in the Kessler bout as well as how Roman Gonzalez handles the rest of the year he has the biggest risk of falling off.


    Quote Originally Posted by amat View Post
    The is crazy subjective so I'll go ahead with my crazy subjective list. With as poor as Martinez looked last time out, I can't puthim in the top five simply because he looked so average against an average fighter in Murray. You could say the exact same for Timothy Bradley, he should have lost his last two bouts!I couldn't in good faith put Bradley above Pacquiao because Pacquiao beat Bradley and only a couple judges felt differently. Pound for Pound lsnt about Who yoave beat exclusively , its about how good you looked doing so.

    1. Floyd
    2. ward
    3. JMM
    4. Pacquiao
    5-Mares
    6.Rigondeaux
    7. Gonzalez
    8-Donaire
    9.Broner
    10. Bradley
    @amat here's what I put above for the Sergio ranking:
    One bad performance and people want to drop off Sergio. Is he done? Perhaps. But he still won and he still remains the undisputed MW king and that continues to be much more than the guys below him.
    P4P rankings are as I understand: Win or Lose (carries the most weight), performace & accomplishments. All 3 things are looked at.

    I just realized you don't have Sergio or Wlad on your list. Wow!
    But you have Broner... I can't agree with that, I can't agree with Broner top 10 just yet. Although picking up that 3rd title would carry some weight.


    Quote Originally Posted by Rantcatrat View Post
    I don't get Broner in the top 10 p4p. I get Mares, but not in the top 5. I'm not sure if Donaire can be in there after losing to Rigo. Rigo not too high b/c only one victory over top guy and only one weight divison, but he should be in top ten.

    Clear to me are 1. PBF 2. Ward.
    @Rantcatrat agree on the Broner bit...

    My comment above for rating Mares:
    Mares is now a undefeated 3 division champ with what I consider one of the best resumes in the sport. People forget just how good & highly rated fighters like Perez, Agbeko, Darchinyan & Moreno were at one point. For me this carries a lot of weight and now add Ponce De Leon to that list.
    Last edited by CutMeMick; 05-07-2013 at 11:55 PM.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    3,571
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    653
    Cool Clicks

    Default

    Mayweather
    Wlad
    Ward
    JMM
    Alvarez
    Rigondeux
    Martinez
    Broner
    Bradley
    Garcia


    It's too subjective really, but here's mine based on active boxers and how dominant they are being in their division.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    268
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    495
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: My current P4P list...

    1/ Ward..this guy has fought the best fighters..hands down.
    2/ May.. It's hard to keep may atop when ur fighting Guerrero..old Cotto.. old Mosely.. Ortiz
    3/ JMM.. KO'ed Pac.. enough said... continuously fights
    4/ Wlad Klit.. over 10 title defenses
    5/ Froch... solid p4p'er.
    6/ Sergio Martinez... keeps winning
    7/ Vitali...no one can beat him
    8/ Danny Garcia... undefeated undisputed champ
    9/ Bradley... solid p4p'er
    10/ mikey Garcia... future star

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    The Bay Area
    Posts
    14,470
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2640
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: My current P4P list...

    I dont have wlad on my list because , well I don't have a good reason. I dont like putting giant heavy weights who fight one dimensionally on the list. That shit wouldn't fly at any other weight division aside from heavyweight , no matter the size disparity. I would almost be tempted to rate Vitali above wlad P4P but not inthe division. Does that make sense? Broner has beenfighting really Well lately I think but I would have no problem With someone not having him on their list. Martinez could come back strong I am just not so sure.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    268
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    495
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: My current P4P list...

    [
    Bronner pisses me off... cuz he's good, but really is avoiding the top fighters. Then he decides to skip to toughest div in boxing, 140 lb... i'd love to see this guy fight ... Maidana... Garcia... hell, even an old Morales...i just want to see him fight someone.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Northern Canada
    Posts
    9,793
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    734
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: My current P4P list...

    P4p is an oxymoron. Like postal worker. Its a favourite list and no offense to the author. I mean how does a close to 7 foot 250 pound guy even appear on it? Does Wlad get away with his practices under heavyweight? I suppose if he was close to 7 ft tall and a lightweight he would dominate. Where is Gonzalez? How does Manny lose a fight against Marquez and barely make the top ten. P4p is boxing by drive through.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Los Scandalous, CA
    Posts
    30,790
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    4758
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: My current P4P list...

    Quote Originally Posted by IamInuit View Post
    P4p is an oxymoron. Like postal worker. Its a favourite list and no offense to the author. I mean how does a close to 7 foot 250 pound guy even appear on it? Does Wlad get away with his practices under heavyweight? I suppose if he was close to 7 ft tall and a lightweight he would dominate. Where is Gonzalez? How does Manny lose a fight against Marquez and barely make the top ten. P4p is boxing by drive through.
    @IamInuit if it was a favorite list JMM would be #1. I'd also have Mikey Garcia somewhere in there.
    I tried to just view them as individual fighters based on the 3 things I listed which again are win/lose, performance & accomplishments.
    I don't use the criteria of who beats who in order to determine p4p rankings. I think that's what you maybe thinking.

    For example: Wlad is rated higher than Rigondeaux based on my criteria however p4p matchup between those 2 if they both weighed the same I'd rate Rigondeaux higher then Wlad.

    As I stated above with Nonito hanging by the hair of his chinny chin chin both Froch & Roman Gonzalez have a shot at that 10 spot. 2 division champ, quality of opposition is pretty good and his performances have been good as well. It will depend on how they both do. Gonzalez is set to make his debut at Super Flyweight and will attempt a 3rd title either late this year or early next.

    Again this plays into the fashion in which he lost. As noted above wether we like it or not the loss to Bradley effects his ranking but not too harsh. He goes on to get KO'd in spectacular fashion but because he was so high up he stays in. I have seen him not listed at all. Me personally he still belongs in there.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Northern Canada
    Posts
    9,793
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    734
    Cool Clicks

    Thumbs up Re: My current P4P list...

    Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by IamInuit View Post
    P4p is an oxymoron. Like postal worker. Its a favourite list and no offense to the author. I mean how does a close to 7 foot 250 pound guy even appear on it? Does Wlad get away with his practices under heavyweight? I suppose if he was close to 7 ft tall and a lightweight he would dominate. Where is Gonzalez? How does Manny lose a fight against Marquez and barely make the top ten. P4p is boxing by drive through.
    @IamInuit if it was a favorite list JMM would be #1. I'd also have Mikey Garcia somewhere in there.

    That is your take and part of the reason you select as you do. That is not where I am at. P4p to me is a popularity contest today and has no basis in its origin which imo died with the original 8.

    I tried to just view them as individual fighters based on the 3 things I listed which again are win/lose, performance & accomplishments.

    Not really a p4p list then but rather names. I'm not sure friend actually I am sure that you cannot go on the win/lose thing or even resumes in general which is part and parcel of this instant gratification society. After all how many people would even contemplate the Moyer brothers?


    I don't use the criteria of who beats who in order to determine p4p rankings. I think that's what you maybe thinking.

    I don't think so.


    For example: Wlad is rated higher than Rigondeaux based on my criteria however p4p matchup between those 2 if they both weighed the same I'd rate Rigondeaux higher then Wlad.

    Wlad has no business being on any a p4p list. Neither does any other heavyweight.
    Its unrealistic.


    As I stated above with Nonito hanging by the hair of his chinny chin chin both Froch & Roman Gonzalez have a shot at that 10 spot. 2 division champ, quality of opposition is pretty good and his performances have been good as well. It will depend on how they both do. Gonzalez is set to make his debut at Super Flyweight and will attempt a 3rd title either late this year or early next.

    Seems what I have described.

    Again this plays into the fashion in which he lost. As noted above wether we like it or not the loss to Bradley effects his ranking but not too harsh. He goes on to get KO'd in spectacular fashion but because he was so high up he stays in. I have seen him not listed at all. Me personally he still belongs in there.

    Bradley outright robbed Manny. He gets knocked out by a guy he essentially drew with given all our views. A Manny that was Armstrong like from about 126 on. He gets stopped by a man at the top after beating him previously and barely makes it. P4p is so broad and vague today that its meaningless.
    Big difference between p4p and favourite to me and that's why I never use p4p. Its simply not applicable. Most people today if you want to get technical are fighting two divisions south of their weight class.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    3,571
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    653
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: My current P4P list...

    I use dominance of their division. It's he only way. Mythical shrunken or enlarged people math ups just don't work.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    9,493
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1096
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: My current P4P list...

    Solid list IMO. I only differ slightly in that I would have Wlad at #5 above Mares and Rigo a bit lower.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Similar Threads

  1. The BANNED list!!! the list of shame
    By porkypara in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 10-03-2009, 12:27 PM
  2. Top favorite current fighters: list yours
    By Taeth in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 02-20-2008, 08:40 PM
  3. What is your current UK P4P Top 10?
    By skel1983 in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-28-2007, 10:27 AM
  4. My fight night round 4 fighter list wish list
    By Sugar_Shaw in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-25-2007, 03:08 AM
  5. check out the Boxing Rec's current P4P list! WTF??????
    By TheBESTP4P in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-14-2006, 03:52 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  





Boxing | Boxing Photos | Boxing News | Boxing Videos | Boxing Forum | Boxing Books | Boxing Posters | Learn to Box | Advanced Fighting Methods | Boxing Rankings | Boxing Schedule | Auctions | Fun and Games | Boxing Equipment

Copyright © 2000 - 2019 Saddo Boxing - Boxing