Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Your thoughts on Jlc...

Now its self evident in his fights that he's an amazingly skiled fighter..Has some real names on the record and is always willing to fight the best..
    Now i havnt always followed jose and havnt seen his early fights... But what his record tells me
    is that he was not always this skilled...He failed to capture mexican featherweight and super featherweight titles something like 3 or 4 times...
    Not sure if this is the right conclusion but it certainly seems that jlc is a fighter who has taken his losses and beatings and was never really a prospect..But has mastered his craft where it matters in the ring..
    And what you see on his record has shaped him into what you see nowadays in the ring..
    If this is the case..Then there should be more people like him... all these undefeated prospects are all well and good..But perhaps sometimes you could really benefit to learn your craft and not fight bums to get the pretty record before hitting the limelight..
    Your thoughts..
    Peace
    Immortal Technique

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Your thoughts on Jlc...

You describe a fighter who never had anything handed to them and would always have to take it. If he can be stronger at junior welter than he will continue to keep getting better.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by a harmful of swallows
    You describe a fighter who never had anything handed to them and would always have to take it. If he can be stronger at junior welter than he will continue to keep getting better.
    Personally i think he might mellow out at junior welter depending on how he fills out..
    I mean hes obviously aging..lol we all do... and he did fail to make weight for corrales..
    But ..If hes been training well.. just casual inbetween fight training..and he fills out well..
    Then he's gona be big.. he's already big but he's one of those fighters you know theyr rec aint that good..but they skills are self evident in the ring...
    He reminds me of winky in a way..like you said never given anything had to take it..Fight the hard fights and take a few losses and especially in winky's case lose some bad sometown decisions..
    But both are true fighters that want to fight the best..
    Jose is a banger at the lower weights im looking forward to see how he does at jw.. and even if he's not the same..He still has all the skills to make it..
    Definately want to see this hatton fight
    Peace
    Immortal Technique

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think he may become one of the most underrated fighters ever.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

A great fighter,relentless,strong,ad his resume is littered with names. Gave PBF his toughest fight too,most thought JLC won that,a testament to how good he is. At 31 though,moving up in weight against a younger stronger Hatton will be his undoing imo. He is under rated imo.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm a fan of JLC, but if one things for sure the loss to Chico is what ultimately catapulted him to stardom. I mean after that it was all him then the weight issues tanished him a bit.
    Now hes at 140 and can make all that go away if he can get in the ring with Hatton and beat him.

Thread Information