Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Another gimme for Ginger

https://www.boxingnews24.com/2020/01...saunders-next/

"Canelo Alvarez discusses potentially fighting Billy Joe Saunders next"

Why......... of course he has.

Was there any other possibility?

From the article:

Saunders, 30, has a chance of getting the next fight for Canelo due to a couple of factors:

- He’s with DAZN
    - Not a dangerous fighter
    - Little power
    - He’s British – and he’ll help Canelo win fans in the UK
    - Easy mark for Canelo win another title

It's 2, 3 and 5 that are the deal-sealers for Canelo. Same bullshit M.O. he's always had. Pick out the weak zebra in the herd..... and go after it. I've known BJS would be in Ginger's sights for quite while now. It was just a matter of time.

Boxing today is Canelo's dog and pony show.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Another gimme for Ginger

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    https://www.boxingnews24.com/2020/01...saunders-next/

"Canelo Alvarez discusses potentially fighting Billy Joe Saunders next"

Why......... of course he has.

Was there any other possibility?

From the article:

Saunders, 30, has a chance of getting the next fight for Canelo due to a couple of factors:

- He’s with DAZN
    - Not a dangerous fighter
    - Little power
    - He’s British – and he’ll help Canelo win fans in the UK
    - Easy mark for Canelo win another title

It's 2, 3 and 5 that are the deal-sealers for Canelo. Same bullshit M.O. he's always had. Pick out the weak zebra in the herd..... and go after it. I've known BJS would be in Ginger's sights for quite while now. It was just a matter of time.

Boxing today is Canelo's dog and pony show.
    But hadn't they built up BJS as this terrific fighter worthy of top billing?
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Saunders is a piece of shit of a human. Who wouldn't love to see him get smashed?!!!

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Canelo Alvarez excites boxing fans by admitting that bout with Billy Joe Saunders would be a ‘great fight’

Saul ‘Canelo’ Alvarez has excited boxing fans by admitting that a bout with Billy Joe Saunders would be a ‘great fight’.

The Mexican bruiser won a belt in his fourth weight division in November after knocking out light-heavyweight Sergey Kovalev for the WBO belt.

However, the 29-year-old is now keen to move in another direction and has vacated the belt, with his training already underway.

And Alvarez has been linked with WBO super-middleweight champ Saunders.

Canelo told Ring Magazine: “A fight between me and Billy Joe Saunders is a great fight, he’s a great fighter.

“He’s a difficult southpaw and a champion, it’s a good fight“It’s literally ‘No Boxing, No Life’. I just won a fourth world title and I’m back here in the gym. It’s no boxing, no life for me.

“I took a week’s vacation and Tuesday I was back in the gym training.

“I like it a lot, I like training, I like feeling good. I love boxing. I love being in the gym, it makes me feel good, really good.

“And the list of opponents is going to keep growing. There’s no rush in that. After I beat one there’s five new opponents that pop up.”

Canelo is targeting a return to the ring in May, and Golden Boy promotions Eric Gomez revealed Brit’s Smith and Saunders are likely to get a crack at a fight with the Mexican.

Gomez told ESPN: “I personally feel that’s the best weight class, where he’s going to be the best at, at this point in his career.

“That’s the weight class he’s going to feel the best, the strongest. But it doesn’t necessarily mean he won’t go back to light-heavyweight, he still has that possibility.

“Giving up the title, yes, it was about the weight, but it wasn’t all about the weight. We’re not ruling out anybody; everybody, even at 160lbs.

“If he wants to go back to 160lbs or if there’s any of the champions that want to move up, face him, we’re not ruling anything out.”

https://talksport.com/sport/boxing/6...-joe-saunders/
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I actually don’t mind this fight. The main problem is that this fight should have happened a few back before the drug cheating thing with BJS and before BJS looked so bad in his last fight. I said before that if BJS is on his game, he outboxes Canelo.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Same thing could be said about Kovalev now couldn't it

El Kabong Guest

Why Floyd wouldn't come back and beat Canelo for a middleweight title I don't know the first fight was so easy it was criminal....oh wait, I know Judge CJ Ross

Canelo is one of the many things wrong with boxing. I thought Oscar and BHop were going to make the game fair and right but no they're just as bad if not worse than Don King and Bob Arum.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Meh. Much rather see Smith get his shot but I might watch if there’s no yard work to do or paint to watch dry.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Why Floyd wouldn't come back and beat Canelo for a middleweight title I don't know the first fight was so easy it was criminal....oh wait, I know Judge CJ Ross

Canelo is one of the many things wrong with boxing. I thought Oscar and BHop were going to make the game fair and right but no they're just as bad if not worse than Don King and Bob Arum.
    Andre Ward deserves a comeback payday against Canelo. I wish he would come back and make just one more fight. Could net him at least $15m easy and more. ijs...
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ykdadamaja View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post

Andre Ward deserves a comeback payday against Canelo. I wish he would come back and make just one more fight. Could net him at least $15m easy and more. ijs...

Ward? No thanks. Why would I want to see a heavier version of the Floyd-Canelo no-hitter? Another predictable whitewash, where the only suspense would be how corrupt and/or blind the judges were.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

can't please everyone, if it is callum smith, ryder beat him, if floyd came back, old and small, gennady golovkin, old and past it. canelo just keeps getting better
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

There were a lot of fishy things around the Kovalev fight. I can see how BJS could definitely be another named fighter hand picked for Canelo’s resume though. He doesn’t have many other options at this point though. He isn’t going back down to middleweight which I like an Andrade or Charlo fight more than others at super middleweight. At super middleweight there are a few good fighters but nobody great. You have BJS, Benavidez, Smith, and Plant. The light heavyweight debacle was an obvious way to get a title and make “history,” so he isn’t going to fight at that weight.

So I guess what I’m saying is that middleweight and light heavyweight are out as legitimate weights for him (unless he can get another big named fighter who is well past it). Super middleweight is the only one left. I have no problem fighting BJS if that’s the case, but please please please just clean out the division. Quit jumping around.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    There were a lot of fishy things around the Kovalev fight. I can see how BJS could definitely be another named fighter hand picked for Canelo’s resume though. He doesn’t have many other options at this point though. He isn’t going back down to middleweight which I like an Andrade or Charlo fight more than others at super middleweight. At super middleweight there are a few good fighters but nobody great. You have BJS, Benavidez, Smith, and Plant. The light heavyweight debacle was an obvious way to get a title and make “history,” so he isn’t going to fight at that weight.

So I guess what I’m saying is that middleweight and light heavyweight are out as legitimate weights for him (unless he can get another big named fighter who is well past it). Super middleweight is the only one left. I have no problem fighting BJS if that’s the case, but please please please just clean out the division. Quit jumping around.

You and I and the rest of the boxing world know that's not gonna happen. Risk is minimized by any and all means. Opponents are carefully chosen, which means no live bodies or anyone with a chance. Cleaning out a division? Those are foreign words for someone like Canelo. The sad part is he's out there doing his spiel trying to convince anybody who will listen that BJS is a good opponent, and that it's gonna be a good fight. Canelo has always and will forever face handicapped fighters. Handicapped by size, age, lack of power, chinks in the armor (Kov)...... you name it. It's why many of us do not respect him at all, even while he's being fitted for crowns and thrones and future Hollywood movies. I'll be happy when the Canelo era is over. Maybe he can go on to movies and UFC and leave boxing alone.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm ok with Saunders or Smith next. Although both have looked vulnerable recently.
    They live, We sleep

Thread Information