As i go along rewatching this fight sober theres just more and more things come up about this fight and instead of starting ten threads its all getting dropped in here

First off.. The Score card

I had it three and three one round even after the 7th Round, Floyd wins round 8 Bigtime.. And takes 9 without hurting ricky

And as we all know ricky gets stopped in ten, Fair play to Floyd, And a good stoppage by Joe Cortez

Now, problem bieng is there is some music to be faced..

Dont like Floyd, Wish he would loose, Who better for him to loose to but Ricky.. But.. Hes real good and he got the W

Will there be a rematch? Perhaps.. I think that the fight showed Ricky could hang with Floyd and Barring another stoppage he could well take enough rounds to beat Floyd..Although im uncertain as to whether Team Hatton would genuinely want a rematch with Floyd, I would tell you who they probably dont want now is Oscar, Oscar at 147 is just way too big at this stage of his career.. Although not as precise as floyd which is really what did Ricky tonight i think oscars size makes up more then enough for that

On the other hand its not the worst thing to happen to a fighters career to have a single loss on his record and that loss to be the most unrestricting loss ever possible, Lol

I mean, there isnt a great case for it hurting ricky's legacy in the slightest.. When you loose to the guy right at the top of the ladder theres still alot of guys out there to fight you and ricky can still beat alot of big names out there and make a strong legacy before he retires, Look at the likes of Barrera and Morales and Pac etc, None of those guys are undefeated.. Barrera never got to avenge his back to back losses from junior jones, But is now a living legend who went another direction and will be remembered as an all time great and on a different level then junior jones.. So thats a good thing

And on another note, As much as it pains me to write it and for some to read it Floyd may never be beat, Hes a great fighter , one of the all time best in all fairness..

The only other legit threat out there is Miguel Cotto, and although Cottos greatness matches up to floyd in some departments better then ricky does.. Cotto might do well to make it as far as ricky did before floyd hurts him with a precise shot..

Frankly, Although Floyd doesnt have a great ammount to prove.. What i would love to see is this..

And this is for histories sake.. Not because i like the guy or am particularly fond of him bieng an all time great, Which he unarguably is or will be..

Fight Cotto, 99.9% Sure he beats him.. Then win a middleweight title maybe defend it in a huge fight

and there you have it, the securest legacy out there.. And there is no doubt floyd could do that either, he could beat any of those big guys, Pavlik, Taylor although as far as bieng a big ol middlweight goes they are great but floyd just brings something they cant handle to the table

Thoughts?..

Maybe i rambled on too much

Ha.. Peace